Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop will retire this coming offseason or the following if I would put my money on it. I just hope Becky or Mesenia won’t be the next head coach of this team. They would probably do a better job than Pop at this point if of his career. I think Ime would be a good head coach, and a coach a lot of players can relate too. Pop seems to have a good relationship with a lot of players, but I feel more of a respect factor at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody respects Pop outside of SA anylonger

his players are below average and lazy

and his team is gutless and overpaid.

DON NELSON 2.0
    That's just lazy. Don Nelson the player was a 5 time champion who's jersey is retired. Don Nelson the coach was never a champion. Pop won 5 rings, he earned his ego. Who's better? Phil Jackson? How did he look towards the end of his career?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would have to fire himself but maybe karma gets him. He fired Bob Hill for losing the team even though they had injuries.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a 69 year old man who has lost his wife, and who has seen his field of expertise and the people who practice it change a lot for what seems to be worse.

It would be interesting to me to know he hasn't retired from coaching. I'm not sure if he could've done abetter job, but if he hasn't that could be the reason. All the Kawhi crap can never help.

I also think he won't coach past 2020 and hope he does his best on that time.

Wouldn't worry about the Olympics. The just out talent teams by default to win easy gold medals.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will not get fired

Look around the league at how many organizations have struggled over the last 20 years. People in this forum act like coaches and GMs that are capable of building championship teams grow on trees. Maybe Pop has lost his edge, but who in the world can turn this organization into the warriors or raptors? It’s not that easy. I’ve watched this league for 30 plus years and most of the good coaches and GMs have come from Pop in the last 15-20 years.

These super teams and stars pitching fits to go somewhere else is going to hurt teams like the spurs. Basically you have to hope that these players pick your team. It’s why Pop gives loyalty contracts to Pau and Patty. He wants to show future players he will do his best to take care of you. It’s about all you can do along with draft good players which I think we have done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I truly feel bad for whoever inherits this god awful situation selfish Pop has put on the team just because he was too proud to tank...

Gotta put take him out back and put him out of his misery before he extends Gay and Forbes
    Yes, it would be awful to inherit a head coaching job in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Pop stepping out of the HC position and only managing the operations from an executive standpoint. I don't know how that would jive with his USA Basketball future, but his recent comments (as innocent as they were) could be used against him to actually remove him from that role, since players like Kawhi might stay away from him because of his disposition.

I think it's still too early though. Spurs are in trouble, but with only a few games separating most of the teams in the West, a small run can change a lot.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, it would be awful to inherit a head coaching job in the NBA.
    With a roster destined to fail, yes, yes it is. got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it gets any worse, the team ownership should make some kind of statement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn you melt down easier than Velveeta.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever accepts this job is going to be some inexperienced coach looking to cash in on a good pay day. You can’t be miserable when you are going to get overpaid. Proving again like always that you are mentally re ed.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude when the heck did Pain have a body like that on his 6?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop won’t get fired, and has earned the right not to, but dammit he has been done for years and should have retired at least after 2015.

As far as replacement, sometimes you can’t worry about the immediate short term future. You just have to take a couple steps back to clean the slate and move forward. I mean, the arena is already half empty most nights.

Pop moving to the FO is not going work either. It’s got to be a fresh start. If Pop is up there, it will be like Jerry Jones as far as just doing what he wants his way. The coach will be forced or feel pressure to rest, bench rookies, sit guys who are scoring too much, and all the other things that come along with Pops style. I still can’t believe he had Derozen inbound the ball on that last play against the Grizz. Other stars around the league watch that kinda stuff and take notice. They say all the right things, but when it comes pen to paper, they won’t sign.

It’s just time for a fresh start. I for one would be excited I tune into games again knowing the Spurs have turned the page and are moving in a new direction. It would be fun watching young guys grow, but growing with more freedom, not looking over their shoulder after every shot they miss. Pop has just sucked the fun out of the game, and the players are showing it.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this were the NFL, absolutely. They don’t care who you are. I’ve wondered this myself although I know the answer. As a Pop advocate (like most sensible posters here are), it’s probably time to hang up his spu.... uh boots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it gets any worse, the team ownership should make some kind of statement.
    They did they got rid of the Spurs cheerleaders. Lol

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever accepts this job is going to be some inexperienced coach looking to cash in on a good pay day. You can’t be miserable when you are going to get overpaid. Proving again like always that you are mentally re ed.
    I see your ass is still sore from me calling you out for having Kawhi's shoved down your throat quoting me never turns out well for you. When will you learn?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring on the Messina or Manure coaching era tbqh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see your ass is still sore from me calling you out for having Kawhi's shoved down your throat quoting me never turns out well for you. When will you learn?
    you are so predictably stupid but I knew you were going to pull the post count card. Going by your logic you have Pop's shoved down your throat since you have thousands of post expressing your hatred for him everyday . How does it feel to have Pop's wrinkly shoved down your throat?. Let's be real you hate Pop and I hate Kawhi. The difference is I don't defend Pop in here like you defend Kawhi. I can see how Pop has screwed up but in your head you believe Kawhi was 100 percent innocent in what he did last year.

You have around 30,000 posts in here while I only have around 8,000. It gets even more embarrassing when I factor in that you have been here only for 5 years while I have been here for 12 years but you were able to surpass my post count by a huge margin. This shows you have a lot of time on your hands. The fact that you wanted to bring up how many posts I had in the Kawhi thread illustrates that you have a lot of time on your hands. Fact of the matter is I never even knew about the tool you used to track my post count but then again I'm not into stalking posters like you are. Which leads me to wonder why would you give a about how many posts I had about Kawhi unless I'm in your head or Kawhi's is shoved down you throat. The answer is both.

I highlighted the text in bold to illustrate how re ed your are to other posters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love watching this team crash and burn without team leaders Tim, Tony, and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well. The Holts are divorcing, the Spurs suck ass, & they ran out the 2nd best player in the league in Kawhi...for a goddamn thicc Monta Ellis

It was a great era, but please no more Lazy Foreigner Legion . Enough of Porker, Beno, fatass Patty, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wanted Bud to be his successor. He seems more equipped to deal with the personalities of the league. I guess Udoka is as well. Not sure about Messina. What's everyone general opinion of Messina? He seems a bit down to earth. I'm not sure what his track record was in Europe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol!! Uh no.. We lost a top-five player in the NBA because he acted like a little . Did anyone expect us to be good this season? I didn’t.
    Pop did.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wanted Bud to be his successor. He seems more equipped to deal with the personalities of the league. I guess Udoka is as well. Not sure about Messina. What's everyone general opinion of Messina? He seems a bit down to earth. I'm not sure what his track record was in Europe.
    Udoka and Messina are yes men. Neither are radical thinkers like Bud who actually persuaded Pop into changing how the Spurs played after that embarrassing sweep to the Suns in 2010. The beautiful game era owes a lot to his contributions(just look at how the Bucks play bball compared to the Spurs currently). He also convinced Pop to trade George Hill(one of Pop's made men) for Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than this probably. But not a contender.. Spurs are due for lean years anyway. You get spoiled with the Big 3. All franchises go through ups and downs. some like the Clippers are good for like 7 seasons out of 40..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course not

Thread Information