Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t fire him. You should’nt fired him. He’s earned the right never to be fired. But you let him know it’s time to step away. HE should know it’s time to step away.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hope not, i love watching the so called greatest pro coach of all time getting exposed.

In the meantime, tell us some more how bad and boring Trump and basketball are, respectively, you senile old fart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t fire him. You should’nt fired him. He’s earned the right never to be fired. But you let him know it’s time to step away. HE should know it’s time to step away.
    Yeah, I'm hoping he is coming to the realization that he can't hang on long enough to revitalize the mess he has made and decides to step down. , it has to be exhausting for the old guy to contemplate the massive job of rejuvenating this team. It seems like he has totally lost them at this point. Lackluster play and double digit deficits by the end of the first quarter of every game have to wear on him.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    95% of the forum thought this near-50 win team would improve with the addition of an Allstar like DeRozan. I bet you were one of those idiots.

I tried to tell y'all....
    don't forget, Spurs also lost Fathead...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost. Once the Spurs settle into second to last in the West you have to make some changes. Similar to how Pop decided to get rid of Bob Hill. And Hill didn't have 2 healthy all-stars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who is that? Some Brad Stevens no one has snatched up yet?
    I was being facetious. You don't fire a legend like Pop. I brought up his all time wins as a point. He is a legend and you let them go out on their own terms. If we suck like this for the next two years then so be it. I just don't think he has the same fire and intensity, tough when you lose your soulmate like that. I can see him leaving at the end of the year, but he probably won't bc he's signed til 2020 and Pop is a man of his word and will serve out the contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least let the man get to 3rd in all time wins for a coach before firing him. Then you can replace him with a more suited coach who still has some fire left
    That could take a while. He needs 3 wins to get to 4th and like 14 to get to 3rd. I just don't want him making any more decisions that affect the team's future.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has an NBA coach with a losing record ever gone on to coach the US national team the next year at the Olympics?

Will they ask Pop to step down from the national team if the Spurs keep losing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has an NBA coach with a losing record ever gone on to coach the US national team the next year at the Olympics?

Will they ask Pop to step down from the national team if the Spurs keep losing?
    He was part of the debacle on '04 that lead to bronze.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope not, i love watching the so called greatest pro coach of all time getting exposed.

In the meantime, tell us some more how bad and boring Trump and basketball are, respectively, you senile old fart
    This only further reinforces the fact that Duncan >>>>>>> Kobe. That's the distance between top 5 and 12, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes earned the right to finish this season but beyond that who knows

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there was someone who could check Pop - but it appears Pop is the top of the food chain in S.A.

Holt? Doesn't seem to be a hands on and he trusts pop - but what is needed is someone who can look Pop in the eye and ASK HIM - if he really really still feels like he can keep coaching?
    Is Pop even still interested?
    Is he still loving the process?

Is he ready to leave?

Pop has earned the right to leave when he wants - but I think someone needs to find out where Pop's head is at.
    He might just be in shock/grief from his recent loss. (His wife - and also Manu & Tony)

Pop is an enlightened man and if someone called his attention to his state of mind he just might walk away on his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Pop's national reputation collapse faster than previously thought?

Because Pop has never ingratiated himself to anyone?

The stars that make up the national team gush about Pop when asked. But people love to see an icon fall even if its really due to the cycles of fortune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would he still remain president of the team if he were to step down as coach? Would he still remain active in the shaping of the roster or just be laissez-faire about it?

Because if it's the former instead of the latter... blagh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does give a ...to the opposing coach at half court after every game. It’s like he’s only coaching so he has an excuse to grope other men.

Dude looks like Joe Biden with those poor kids.
    The only dudes I've ever met in my entire life that act like this about gay people are super-repressed gay people. All other dudes believe this as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will never get the axe.. sit on the toilet with a shotgun in your mouth, and pull the trigger with your big toe for even letting the thought cross your mind.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has always preferred to play vets and players with corporate knowledge... Never noticed it before cause the big 3 covered so much but now that Pop has so much youth, he really doesn’t have a lot of patience for it. Every time a youngin makes a mistake I look at the bench and it looks like he’s gonna have a heart attack. He’s more a disciplinarian than encourager. He’s beginning to look a little archaic out there. He continues to play vets cause they have corporate knowledge even though the youth with a little more rope heightens the ceiling. I mean Marco needs to be traded at this point. He’s shooting is horrendous and his defense is worse. Cunningham is fine in a more limited role and same with Forbes. Forbes should be flipped if he has any value because we know for a fact Mills won’t be traded. Pondexter to be quite honest feels like they are doing him a solid till a better option presents itself but we need help and he serves no purpose on the team. Pop is doing right by the vets like he always has but we don’t have the big 3 anymore to cover the flaws. These vets are not like the vets we’ve had in the glory days and the stars we have now aren’t legends. I wonder if pop can adapt one more time or he’s too stubborn. This roster is broken as is. I don’t know if pop is willing to do what it takes to win. I don’t think the Blazers game was as much of a fluke as some think. He did a lot of good things and went away from it this game.

December 15th can’t come soon enough. This roster needs a makeover. What’s the use in three picks if you don’t have the patience to develop them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This only further reinforces the fact that Duncan >>>>>>> Kobe. That's the distance between top 5 and 12, tbh.
    Meanwhile Manure's not even top 50

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least let the man get to 3rd in all time wins for a coach before firing him. Then you can replace him with a more suited coach who still has some fire left
    with this roster may take longer than expected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You "allow him to step down". But whatever you do, you do not permit him to make any more decisions that affect the team's future, and some of those decisions need to be made now.
    I disagree. His starting PG is out for the season. His superstar player is brand new to the team. LMA's 1st season was difficult and he wanted to quit but he didn't. He lost his entire starting backcourt including his two best defenders (two of the best defenders in the league). Those were replaced with people who cannot defend for . If anything Pop is trying too hard to force a square peg into a round hole. This team is not designed for today's NBA, however he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. The big 3 are gone, Kawhi is gone, Danny is gone, Fathead is gone.

Kawhi
    Manu
    Tony
    Danny
    Kyle
    Murray

That's a huge hit. Manu was much more important off the bench than his points production indicated.

LMA
    DeRozan
    Rudy Gay

Who else on the team is worth a damn? Certainly not Patty Mills or Marco.

Somehow this falls on Pop and a new coach would right this? No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither is Bynum, your name sake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. His starting PG is out for the season. His superstar player is brand new to the team. LMA's 1st season was difficult and he wanted to quit but he didn't. He lost his entire starting backcourt including his two best defenders (two of the best defenders in the league). Those were replaced with people who cannot defend for . If anything Pop is trying too hard to force a square peg into a round hole. This team is not designed for today's NBA, however he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter. The big 3 are gone, Kawhi is gone, Danny is gone, Fathead is gone.

Kawhi
    Manu
    Tony
    Danny
    Kyle
    Murray

That's a huge hit. Manu was much more important off the bench than his points production indicated.

LMA
    DeRozan
    Rudy Gay

Who else on the team is worth a damn? Certainly not Patty Mills or Marco.

Somehow this falls on Pop and a new coach would right this? No.
    Pop is the only one who had choices in the matter. And he chose to go with antiquated square pegs for modern round holes. It kind of boils down to how you view LMA and DeMar. You think they are keepers; I think the team has to move on from them in order to compete in the modern NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way...There's no John Gotti in this Spurs mafia, the owners are probably not even paying attention at this point and if they were he can always fall back on the Kawhi debacle so it'll save his job but losing a top 2 player in the league in his prime no matter the reasons won't save his legacy. That just shouldn't happen to a GOAT coach/franchise but more importantly since it occurred at the end of his career, time-wise he won't be able to overcome it (like the Kobe/Shaq thing with Phil except Phil still had time on his side and overcame it).

It looks like he is pivoting to leaving sooner then expected anyway, with that last article about his disdain for the 3 point line, I expect the next one to be more along the lines of basketball not being fulfilling anymore and not in a general sense.

Everyone here is too smart to think that the hole they're in is gonna be solved by some magic switch like a coaching change. Unless Walker is secretly a Jordanesque talent this is going to be a long and trying process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is not designed for today's NBA, however he didn't have a lot of choice in the matter.

"President of All Things Spurs" or whatever Lord Pops le is.

Thanks for the laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Son, please. Manu is one of the greatest basketball players of all-time. Period.

Thread Information