Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans are encouraged to be expressive and furthermore the Police won't show up to your job because you questioned Trump's immigration policy on Facebook (Germany).
    And companies in Japan can discriminate based on attributes that are protected under US law, but why can't the United States be more like them.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very specifically the source of ideological inspiration of the yellow jackets is to go to the notebooks of proposals ("Cahiers de doléances") of 1789 before the fall of the Bourbon monarchy.
    http://www.historyguide.org/intellect/cahiers.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucker cowboy is a stupid ing child molester. You think he has any ing critical thinking skills?

he’s a white redneck racist version of spurt
    Awww Baby Bonner twoes another tantwum rant. How special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you molest children. But you’re really nothing more than a ing coward.
    Awww Baby Bonner projects his personal fantasies on to me again. How special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonnerific with zero topical contribution. All he does is on other posters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police unions threaten to join the protests:

Negotiations between three unions—Alliance, UNSA-Police and Unity-SGP-FO—and Interior Minister Christophe Castaner on Tuesday failed to reach a settlement. As talks resumed on Wednesday, France 24 reported that activists were calling on forces across the country to commit to a “slowdown” and only respond to emergencies until the dispute had been settled.

Police have ac ulated some 23 million hours of overtime that is yet to be paid. According to The Local France, police union leader Frédéric Lagache explained, “Faced with this irresponsibility [of the government], we are forced to be irresponsible in our actions.”

The Alliance and Unity-SGP-FO unions called for a “black day for the police” on Wednesday. The Alliance is using Twitter and Facebook to rally support for what it calls “Act 1” of the police protests, using the name given to the ongoing demonstrations held by the gilets jaunes. The group has also threatened to hold “Act II” and “Act III” if required.

Unions have already warned the government over a newly proposed budget set to be adopted Thursday, which Alliance said would cut around $70.8 million from the national police budget.

Such a blow would further degrade conditions for police amid their most pressing deployments for years. Denis Jacob, a spokesperson for the Alternative Police union, said the police are already “at breaking point.”
    https://www.newsweek.com/france-protests-police-strike-gilets-jaunes-yellow-vests-pay-overtime-1264961

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25,000 gilet jaunes in Bordeaux, BoF entrance is on fire:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the asterisk text on that Time Magazine cover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Debris litters the surrounding area

Buildings are on fire after the incidentOne Twitter user, who lives nearby, said his windows were rattled by the force of the blast.

Others are claiming the incident was the result of a gas explosion.
    We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.

The fire is thought to have started in a shop on the Rue de Trevise in Paris

caption: Explosion in ParisPlease check back regularly for updates on this developing story here at Mirror.co.uk.
    For the latest news and breaking news visit Mirror.co.uk/news.

Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.

Boulangere Patisserie, where the explosion is thought to have originated

Onlookers stand amongst the rubble (Image: Twitter)Follow us on Twitter @DailyMirror - the official Daily Mirror & Mirror Online Twitter account - real news in real time.
    We're also on Facebook /dailymirror - your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Mirror Online.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany’s defence minister has confirmed that “a united EU military is becoming a reality,” after her ally and Chancellor Angela Merkel backed Emmanuel Macron’s call for a “real European army.”

The Hegelian Dialectic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flood the countries in the EU with chaos (Islam) and swoop in to save the day with new and improved EU army.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany’s defence minister has confirmed that “a united EU military is becoming a reality,” after her ally and Chancellor Angela Merkel backed Emmanuel Macron’s call for a “real European army.”

The Hegelian Dialectic
    Flood the countries in the EU with chaos (Islam) and swoop in to save the day with new and improved EU army.

that only works under the false assumption that france/germany are using islam in europe as the pretense for establishing a united EU military

except from your own article...

Germany and France began to take the lead on the defence project, in November 2018, after French President Emmanuel Macron said that the EU needed a “real European army” to defend itself against China, Russia, and even fellow NATO member the United States
    muh hegelian dialectic

if europe's most powerful ally (us, in case you were wondering) didnt constantly try taking s on europe at every opportunity, it probably wouldn't have come to this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The state prosecutor had reportedly sought a harsher penalty of two years imprisonment and a three-year protesting ban. However, the fact that Martin had not actually committed any violent acts, but rather “participated in a violent movement,”saw his sentence significantly reduced.
    https://www.rt.com/news/449056-frenc...tester-jailed/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich guys in power reflexively blame it on Islam.
    Gulp that down.

People have entirely forgotten the riots on the outskirts of Pars and have not related it to France, democracy, and the current movement. They have something in common. Wealth, jobs, and the inequities that lead to these things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anti-riot law based on anti-hooligan measures:

French MPs on Tuesday approved an anti-rioting bill giving security forces the power to ban suspected hooligans from demonstrating, in a controversial bid to crack down on violence that has marred Yellow Vest protests over the last three months.
    \
    Opponents say the bill, approved by the lower house of parliament by 387 votes to 92, contravenes the cons utional right to demonstrate.

Under its most contentious provision, government officials would be able to ban people suspected of being hooligans from taking part in demonstrations – without oversight from a judge.

Inspired by legislation used to crack down on football hooligans, the new law calls for a six-month prison sentence and a €7,500 ($8,500) fine for violators.
    https://www.france24.com/en/20190205...ament-castaner
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-08-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Macron, a ing BigFinance guy, cut taxes on the wealthy and raised them on others.

French prosecutors tied to Macron attempt newsroom raid after critical stories

ON THE MORNING OF FEBRUARY 4, staff members at Mediapart, the French independent investigative website

When a reporter went to the door just after 11, he found two public prosecutors from the French Ministère Public—

a branch of the judiciary similar to the Attorney General’s office and directly linked to the executive chamber—

and three policemen.

The officials demanded to search the newsroom as part of an investigation they had launched after a string of recent Mediapart stories.

Mediapart refused, because the prosecutors didn’t have a warrant.

Edwy Plenel, the founder and publisher of Mediapart, calls the attempted raid “an attack on the free press,” and

an unprecedented attempt by Emmanuel Macron to reveal Mediapart’s sources and seize do ents and recordings.

In a press conference with the Mediapart journalists, Christophe Deloire, Reporters Without Borders’ Secretary General, called the move “a freedom-destroying drift against the secrecy of sources.”

https://www.cjr.org/analysis/mediapart-raid-macron.php

Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-08-2019 at 11:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want to blame Macron, the Brits and the rest of the "crooked" European politicians and anyone else who looks like they have some level of authority/culpability, but the real problem (at least right now) is not politics. The real problem is that years of really bad ECB Monetary policy, with no recognition of what "free market" capital movement can do to an otherwise healthy economy, has irreversibly and finally come home to roost.

Simply put, years ago French wealth began to leave the country for easily accessible tax haven destinations, primarily Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland, with very little coming back in. (Apparently the Chinese aren't fond of escargot). This is of course, a double headed swinging guillotine.

As domestic money leaves, it both erodes the tax base and stifles the economy. Fleeing capital means no new investment, no new innovation, no new jobs and no new hope. As we've seen, It apparently does indeed lead to scores of pissed off, fire bombing, school crossing guards.

Ironically, this dramatic capital flight took place under Super Mario's Near-ZIRP decade of monetary expansion and unprecedented stimulus. Unfortunately, the stimulus just wasn't going to the French people....it was going to Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland....some/much of the wealth is still owned by French elite, but invested somewhere else anonymously, perhaps in NYC Condos or US Tech Stocks, at probably more than a few basis points higher than it could have earned at home. Rich people, as we all know, are always willing to sell out their homeland for a few basis points and a tax cut.
    https://deep-throat-ipo.blogspot.com...eport.html?m=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Echoes of problems here.

The real solution to part of our deficit problems is not raising the nominal tax rate for the upper margins. It would simply be a concerted effort to go after tax-havens, and tax enforcement.

Right wing info-warfare succeeded in hobbling the IRS through a thousand little budget cuts.

These tax-havens have proliferated and will require some solid, coordinated efforts on the part of the US and EU. I do not see the modern GOP, paid for lock, stock, and barrel by wealthy donors, and the modern Democratic party almost as badly compromised by money doing anything about that.

Dare I say it? ed and un able?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not losing steam, it would appear:

http://thesaker.is/february-the-22nd...jaunes-sitrep/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French cops beating up rando elderly passers by. Normal civil society stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will it end? It's out of control.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will it end? It's out of control.
    Les gilets jaunes are protesting "control" by the French oligarchy, eg, Macron cutting taxes for the wealthy and raising taxes for the non-wealthy.

So of course, their protests are by definition, out of "control"

The CRS (Compagnie Republicaine de Securite) is having lots of fun beating the out of the gilets jaunes, is why they joined the CRS, along with job security.

Thread Information