Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119
Results 2,951 to 2,956 of 2956
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it's not and never has been. You think Jesus would have been leading the crusades?
    Indeed. Leaders for millennia have cherry picked scripture for use as propaganda to support war and conquest. My feeling has always been that since Christianity is centered around a relationship with Christ (who is essentially an avatar of God), anyone who calls themselves a Christian should refer to Christ as the moral authority on matters. Christ would not reject poor migrants, would not be too happy about a for profit healthcare system and our collective devotion and relentless pursuit of "mammon" (often personified as the anti-Christ). Christ had nothing to say about gays and abortion, yet those are the core issues supposed "Christians" are most concerned with for some reason. Their inconsistency is amusing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump removed any doubt about how hypocritical evangelicals are and specifically how they're more or less just extremely hateful people. Trump is the most godless president either party has had since Warren G. Harding in terms of his lifestyle but the evangelicals didn't give a shit about the three wives, affairs, greed, etc. They were just happy to see someone who hated the same minorities they hate.

It's funny. I even tried to bridge the gap with Chris a bit trying to appeal to him through his religion, saying Trump's only allegiance is to "mammon" (which the Bible has symbolized as the anti-Christ), so why would any good Christian follow this guy? Trump's history as being a greedy, uncaring businessman (and bad businessman at that) didn't matter. He owns the libs. All that matters.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

It's funny. I even tried to bridge the gap with Chris a bit trying to appeal to him through his religion, saying Trump's only allegiance is to "mammon" (which the Bible has symbolized as the anti-Christ), so why would any good Christian follow this guy? Trump's history as being a greedy, uncaring businessman (and bad businessman at that) didn't matter. He owns the libs. All that matters.
    Chris is about as Christian as I am.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people I talk to here are Christians, so that is the easy explanation. I have read the Quran and some of the associated writings (Hadith the term if memory serves). Same bullshit brainwashing, IMO, more so.

Quite frankly the Muslim apologetics say almost identical things to that of Christian apologists. Same crappy arguments, different religions.

For that matter, I have talked religion with Hindus, and native americans. Mostly the same bad arguments for their dieties, although the various doctrinal stuff differs.

It all blends together. The more organized it is, the more obvious it is a scam, meant to control others and serve personal power.
    Fair enough and agree 100% with your last comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of hard to argue with that, but I'm sure some tards will try to.
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Thread Information