Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a shame that this dude wont make the all-star game but hes been the wolves best player since the trade. A defensive monster so far.

Where would you rank him right now among elite role players whosw value is probably star level?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " B...but trading for DeRozan was better than trading for Covington, Saric (and probably a draft pick) "

White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge wouldn't be a sub-500 team right now. In fact, they are probably fighting for the first spots the way the West is looking this year. I mean, if the Clippers are up there.

And if they didn't, it doesn't matter. Covington and Saric are better pieces to build with in the future than DeRozan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge-Saric-Covington-Green-White is probably top 5 in defensive ceiling in the NBA.

The spurs need to hire new scouts ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge

Mills, Anderson, Gay, Bertans, Gasol

7 above average defenders, 2 average defenders and just 1 below average defender. Only 1 non-shooting threat.

Easily a playoffs team. Probably top 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO really has been screwing up with FA/trades/ etc since 2016. They still draft very well thus why I want a high lo pick but they will screw up the tank too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude sucked in the playoffs. Like hardcore. There's a reason why the 76ers lost to Boston and it's Robert Covington. It's been 5 games in, remember that in the first 5 games in Derozan was averaging 29 points a game and 7.5 assists.
    Saric though is a baller. I want him on the Spurs. I don't think the wolves can afford him tbh. They have Towns, Wiggins, and Teague along with other scrubs they signed for big money. We just need to figure out a way to get the cash for him (bye bye Gasol)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Such a shame that this dude wont make the all-star game but hes been the wolves best player since the trade. A defensive monster so far.

Where would you rank him right now among elite role players whosw value is probably star level?
    And? The sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while. Covington ain't worthy of more than 4 all star votes. Yours and 3 blind mice. -25 points for even posting this thread son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge

Mills, Anderson, Gay, Bertans, Gasol

7 above average defenders, 2 average defenders and just 1 below average defender. Only 1 non-shooting threat.

Easily a playoffs team. Probably top 4.
    T'Mutts vs Sp*rs. Best of 7. Who you got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " B...but trading for DeRozan was better than trading for Covington, Saric (and probably a draft pick) "

White, Green, Covington, Saric, Aldridge wouldn't be a sub-500 team right now. In fact, they are probably fighting for the first spots the way the West is looking this year. I mean, if the Clippers are up there.

And if they didn't, it doesn't matter. Covington and Saric are better pieces to build with in the future than DeRozan.
    not sure I agree with that tbh...

for the future yeah probably but short term I believe DeRozan is more impactful than this duo especially without Murray..

Team would be lacking ball handling with a SL in the likes aldridge, saric, covington, white and green

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

really good role player but overpaid, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know hes a good defender but what makes you say this?..eye test or some advanced stats or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    T'Mutts vs Sp*rs. Best of 7. Who you got?
    Don't know. Both are equally ty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i felt like the only person defending covington as a good player during the kawhi trade discussions...

good to see casuals like OP picking up on it
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-04-2018 at 02:23 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    really good role player but overpaid, tbh
    killa u my guy but everyone is overpaid to u these days. this aint 1996 no more homie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    overpaid relative to the cap? people are still looking at player's salaries as if the cap was 65-70 mil. he's the same cap burden that danny green was on his 4 year deal. he's adequately paid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covington would have been terrible with the Spurs and Aldridge-ball..he has the same offensive limitations as Danny Green..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covington would have been terrible with the Spurs and Aldridge-ball..he has the same offensive limitations as Danny Green..
    Which means he would still be better than most of our current players, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which means he would still be better than most of our current players, tbh.
    That's not saying much

All the stupid posters upstairs would have turned on him after his first slump..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    overpaid relative to the cap? people are still looking at player's salaries as if the cap was 65-70 mil. he's the same cap burden that danny green was on his 4 year deal. he's adequately paid
    yeah pretty much. $10 mil for a glue guy/niche defensive player is about right in the current era

Thread Information