Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a big boost for the country indeed.
    No matter how good you think he is, in bency always has a politically negative cost. Probably the only exception is war times.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter how good you think he is, in bency always has a politically negative cost. Probably the only exception is war times.
    How do you figure?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's not for the Incel Chumpettes. They're #StillWithTheir Hag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the freshness and unknown factor is gone. Every president starts off with relatively high approval ratings, but it inevitably dwindles down as they become known quan ies (what they promised vs what they delivered, ability to execute an agenda, etc) This isn’t specific to Trump, happens with pretty much all presidents. The exception (such as with dubya), is war times, where exceptional cases of national unity come to the forefront.

Obviously, there’s more factors, but in politics, the more time you spend on power, the less people like you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the freshness and unknown factor is gone. Every president starts off with relatively high approval ratings, but it inevitably dwindles down as they become known quan ies (what they promised vs what they delivered, ability to execute an agenda, etc) This isn’t specific to Trump, happens with pretty much all presidents. The exception (such as with dubya), is war times, where exceptional cases of national unity come to the forefront.

Obviously, there’s more factors, but in politics, the more time you spend on power, the less people like you.
    That's what the establishment wants you to believe so that these presidents have inbuilt excuses for giving the finger to the American people. Surely approval rating goes down as the result of the finger too. Bush didn't give two s about serving the public once he got his power renewed. Many would argue same goes for Obama. Trump isn't in their mold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Such was never the case with Trump though. He's right where he started. Has he ever been above 45%? He has neither increased his base nor has it shrunk really except a big chunk of independents breaking away.

Anyways you look it it, he's gonna need better numbers than 2016.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such was never the case with Trump though. He's right where he started. Has he ever been above 45%? He has neither increased his base nor has it shrunk really except a big chunk of independents breaking away.

Tranny coming up with desperate narratives to help her sleep at night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump was at 50% and will win easily in 2020. His base is larger than ever. What are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a terrible take

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I read that at 1000 days, Trash's approval is middle of the pack.

But Trash's hilarious anomaly is that he has NEVER had approval above 50%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was at 50% and will win easily in 2020. His base is larger than ever. What are you talking about?
    Independents are breaking off. You didn't hear?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Independents are breaking off. You didn't hear?
    :

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump has never polled at 50% with a reputtable pollster in his life. And how has he grown his base? Qchris believing 4chan counts for anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qualifiers and hyperbole. Boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what the establishment wants you to believe so that these presidents have inbuilt excuses for giving the finger to the American people. Surely approval rating goes down as the result of the finger too. Bush didn't give two s about serving the public once he got his power renewed. Many would argue same goes for Obama. Trump isn't in their mold.
    There’s no establishment nothing, this is basic human interaction. That’s why I said it’s not restricted to Trump. There’s simply wear and tear as you get to know a person better. You like some things, you dislike others, you learn the virtues and the flaws, the person becomes a known quan y.

That’s the price of in bency. When you don’t know a person, you can always idealize it to be close to your preferences, once you get to know them, what sets it apart from your idealization is the differences and, generally, flaws. Similar psychological situations happen in other situations like marriages.

That’s why politicos are told to spend the bulk of their political capital early right after elections, when support is normally stronger and most of them end up as lame ducks towards the end of their terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Despite being historically among the most disliked presidents, his chances are always relative to the compe ion. Biden, for example, is not an unknown, he’s a known quan y and not of the good kind...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no establishment nothing
    The naivety

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no establishment nothing, this is basic human interaction. That’s why I said it’s not restricted to Trump. There’s simply wear and tear as you get to know a person better. You like some things, you dislike others, you learn the virtues and the flaws, the person becomes a known quan y.

That’s the price of in bency. When you don’t know a person, you can always idealize it to be close to your preferences, once you get to know them, what sets it apart from your idealization is the differences and, generally, flaws. Similar psychological situations happen in other situations like marriages.

That’s why politicos are told to spend the bulk of their political capital early right after elections, when support is normally stronger and most of them end up as lame ducks towards the end of their terms.
    You're just completely overlooking the fact that the people are the ones without the leverage once a politician has been elected to a final term. This is when politicians show their true colors the most (IE Obama telling Putin he'll cooperate with him after re-election); and they are almost always not good colors. My belief is that Trump is of a different mold. He gets off on results. We'll see though.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Gabbard Introduces Resolution For Actual Syria Withdrawal, US Troops Don't Know Who To Shoot At

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that at 1000 days, Trash's approval is middle of the pack.

But Trash's hilarious anomaly is that he has NEVER had approval above 50%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/...ald-trump.aspx
    I've shown you the comparison to other presidents already. Why do you keep repeating this ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tulsi! Tulsi! Tulsi!

USA! USA! USA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tulsi! Tulsi! Tulsi!

USA! USA! USA!
    she's got one week left to qualify for the november debate

My Team