Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on who they draft I think if they draft Goga or Thybulle they would see playing time right away.
    I really don't know how any draftee cracks the rotation tbh. I could see at least 10 players playing at least around 15 mpg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doumbouya looks promisings and may be around at 19 but probably is much closer to a 4 than a 3 in today's NBA, I am curious to know does he consistently take 3s or only takes them occasionally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the rotation expands beyond adding Murray back into the mix next season. Walker will probably be on deck for some minutes but will be playing behind several players.

I don't think anyone who they draft will be in line for minutes, next season, instead mostly playing in the G league and developing there.
    That goes right along with the Pop “pay your dues” philosophy but wouldn’t it be sweet to have a 6’6-6’8 athletic defensive rookie wing out there instead of Forbes? It sickens me every time I see him on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That goes right along with the Pop “pay your dues” philosophy but wouldn’t it be sweet to have a 6’6-6’8 athletic defensive rookie wing out there instead of Forbes? It sickens me every time I see him on the floor.
    If the rotation plays out as it does in my post, above, Forbes would have a significantly reduced role- one that is better suited for him, still starting but playing around 15 mpg with Murray, DeRozan, Gay and Aldridge.

I do think with the level of potential depth next season, whoever gets drafted wouldn't really have a chance to crack it anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there maybe many sleepers as I look over nbadraftnets mock
    according to it thybule will be available near our second round pick and he would be a good defensive pickup that late

he already has chemistry with Murray(former teammates) as does the next prospect I'm talking about
    which his kevin porter who's stock has fell from a top 5 pick to the 27th

we can possibly pick him up too
    also the mock I was looking at had us getting bolbol too who would be a nice young center

end of the day we have three picks I hope we don't screw this up
    If Bol Bol is there when it our turn to pick, I don't see how we can pass on him......same thing thing with Jaxson Hayes, Bruno Fernando, or Daniel Gafford.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doumbouya looks promisings and may be around at 19 but probably is much closer to a 4 than a 3 in today's NBA, I am curious to know does he consistently take 3s or only takes them occasionally.
    I also think he is more a four, This year he is taking nearly two threes per game at 32%, last year in french second League he took nearly three 3's at 30% So it's a work in progress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Bol Bol is there when it our turn to pick, I don't see how we can pass on him......same thing thing with Jaxson Hayes, Bruno Fernando, or Daniel Gafford.
    I have seen much more of Jaxson Hayes, so I am biased. But I prefer his versatility over Bol Bol. Plus didn't I hear some rumblings about Bol Bol's work ethic/motor? I don't see that as an issue with Hayes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there maybe many sleepers as I look over nbadraftnets mock
    according to it thybule will be available near our second round pick and he would be a good defensive pickup that late

he already has chemistry with Murray(former teammates) as does the next prospect I'm talking about
    which his kevin porter who's stock has fell from a top 5 pick to the 27th

we can possibly pick him up too
    also the mock I was looking at had us getting bolbol too who would be a nice young center

end of the day we have three picks I hope we don't screw this up
    I don't think the Pac-12 is very good this year.

Also, at least two of those three are injury prone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have seen much more of Jaxson Hayes, so I am biased. But I prefer his versatility over Bol Bol. Plus didn't I hear some rumblings about Bol Bol's work ethic/motor? I don't see that as an issue with Hayes.
    I most certainly won't complain if we get Jaxson Hayes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That kid from Washington in the video looks good for #29. Looks like a Danny Green type.

I really like that Virigina guy Hunter at #18 (or whatever it is), but he might go before then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That kid from Washington in the video looks good for #29. Looks like a Danny Green type.

I really like that Virigina guy Hunter at #18 (or whatever it is), but he might go before then.
    Hunter should be gone by 18, but he might be worth moving up for - depends on the price.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hunter should be gone by 18, but he might be worth moving up for - depends on the price.

Hunter's stock just keeps going up. Right now it's looking almost certain that he'll be in the top 10. If he has a good tournament, and expect he will, he could be gone by 6. I thought he was going to be a sleeper in the draft, but he's anything but that now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hunter's stock just keeps going up. Right now it's looking almost certain that he'll be in the top 10. If he has a good tournament, and expect he will, he could be gone by 6. I thought he was going to be a sleeper in the draft, but he's anything but that now.
    I think he will be gone by 12 at the very latest - regardless of his tourney performance. A great tourney might get him to 6, but 10 is very likely. I have watched him quite a bit this year. The only thing I can really criticize about him is that he can be too deferential, but when you have a couple of guys like Jerome and Guy who can get scorching hot, that is rather understandable. UVa plays a pretty democratic offense...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just curious with the impact of the 3 ball what are your thoughts on Tyler Herro?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thuybul seems to be on that Elfrid Payton trajectory. EP started out as a late first round prospect, and was drafted in the top 10. Like Payton,if he goes to a team with a subpar development program, he’ll bust. I think he could be really good in SA, but I’m not sure even our higher first rounder will be soon enough to grab him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thuybul seems to be on that Elfrid Payton trajectory. EP started out as a late first round prospect, and was drafted in the top 10. Like Payton,if he goes to a team with a subpar development program, he’ll bust. I think he could be really good in SA, but I’m not sure even our higher first rounder will be soon enough to grab him.
    he is 22 with not a lot of offensive skills, imo except if he test really good at the combine i don't think he will be top 15 but there is a chance he could go in our range.

Payton was pretty good overall in NCAA , Thybulle was not on the radar since 1-2 months ago.

Just curious with the impact of the 3 ball what are your thoughts on Tyler Herro?
    Looks like a good prospect, i don't know about his defense tough.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 03-13-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Draft 2019: Latest Mock Draft Ahead of NCAA Tournament
    Zach Buckley
    March 12, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs: Jontay Porter, C, Missouri
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors): Ty Jerome, SG, Virginia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports Washington: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: How will March Madness impact the draft?
    March 7, 2019

18. San Antonio Spurs: KZ Okpala

College: Stanford
    Position: Forward
    Height/Weight: 6-9/215
    Year: Sop re

Okpala is an adept scorer with good length and good athleticism. But his ball control is a bit of an issue, which minimizes his skill as a playmaker. But he's going to be able to get buckets as a pro.
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via TOR): Goga Bitadze

International player
    Position: Center
    Height/Weight: 6-11/250

If there's an international project to be taken in the first round, it's the Spurs that will be doing the picking. Bitadze isn't a great athlete and is more mid-range on offense than a stretch-5 or a true low-post threat. But he has good touch, a geat I.Q. and has size you can't teach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Draft 2019: Latest Mock Draft Ahead of NCAA Tournament
    Zach Buckley
    March 12, 2019
    If the Spurs ended up with those two, I would tell my wife to hide all our knives. And I am a huge UVa fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs ended up with those two, I would tell my wife to hide all our knives. And I am a huge UVa fan.
    totally agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS Sports: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Duke's Zion Williamson is the clear top pick and three Blue Devils are in the top five
    Gary Parrish, Mar 8, 2019

team logo
    Spurs

Bol Bol | Oregon | Fr | C | 7-2

Bol is probably the most polarizing prospect in this draft. On one hand, he's a 7-2 center who can put the ball on the floor, shoot 3-pointers effectively and alter and block shots like nobody else available. That's the good. On the other hand, he's a 7-2 center who struggles to guard in space and missed most of this season after suffering a foot injury in December that required surgery in January. That's the bad. Some franchises will have him in the top 10, others outside of the top 20. Exactly where Bol will land in June is one of this draft's greatest mysteries.
    team logo
    Spurs

Luguentz Dort | Arizona State | Fr | SG | 6-4

Pick via Toronto : Dort became just the third consensus top-50 high school prospect to enroll at Arizona State — joining a list that includes James Harden and Jahii Carson — and he's a big reason the Sun Devils are about to make the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year under Bobby Hurley. The 6-4 freshman from Montreal is averaging 16 points and getting to the free throw line more than six times per game. He has a 6-9 wingspan and real desire to guard both quicker and bigger players. His 215-pound frame is put together better than most college freshmen carry around. And although Dort is not a natural point guard, he's spent part of this season proving he can play on or off the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to being a great sharpshooter, he is tough and has a great motor. He doesn't fill a need, though. I wouldn't mind seeing Tariq Owens (Texas Tech) on Spurs' summer league team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: NBA Daily: 60-Pick NBA Mock Draft – 3/12/19
    Steve Kyler

Brandon Clarke
    San Antonio Spurs

GonzagaJunior
    Height: 6' 8
    Position: PF/C
    Weight: 215

Jalen Smith
    San Antonio Spurs

MarylandFreshman
    Height: 6' 10
    Position: PF
    Weight: 215

Dean Wade
    San Antonio Spurs

Kansas St. Senior
    Height: 6' 10
    Position: PF
    Weight: 230

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: The Crossover: 2019 NBA Draft Big Board 5.0: Top 80 Rankings Ahead of NCAA Tournament
    By Jeremy Woo March 13, 2019

Not team specific

19. Tyler Herro, SG, Kentucky | Freshman

Height: 6’5” | Weight: 195 | Age: 19 | Last Rank: 27

Kentucky’s improved play has been a good platform for Herro to showcase his skillset, and he’s taken advantage. His ability to make difficult shots from deep and playmake a little on the side has always been endearing, and he plays with a bit more toughness than is generally advertised. Herro has cut back a bit on his tendency to overdribble, and profiles as a potentially dangerous supporting scorer on the perimeter. His body type doesn’t have much appeal from an NBA standpoint, but his overall defensive effort has been encouraging, and there have been games where he looks like his team’s best prospect. He’s more or less established himself as a first-rounder at this point.
    29. Tre Jones, PG, Duke | Freshman

Height: 6’2” | Weight: 185 | Age: 19 | Last Rank: 29

Jones continues to be a rock-solid, if unspectacular, contributor for Duke, and his maturity and unselfishness are traits that will serve him well at the NBA level. He’s established himself as one of the best defenders in college basketball, with extremely quick hands and anticipation skills. Bigger, more athletic guards can take advantage of him at times, but Jones will have to hang his hat on that end to survive long-term. Still, there is a real concern that he could be an offensive detractor if his three-point shooting doesn’t improve—he’s a good passer and doesn’t make many mistakes, but it’s extremely difficult to play with the ball in your hands in the NBA without being a threat to score. There’s some optimism he can figure it out, and being able to keep defenses honest will go a long way for him.
    49. Shamorie Ponds, G, St. John’s | Junior

Height: 6’1” | Weight: 180 | Age: 20 | Last Rank: 49

Ponds is another player you either love or hate, but his shot-creation and creativity playing off the dribble does offer some appeal. He is not physically imposing in any way, but has a good level of craft to his game as a scorer and should be a threat to shoot from outside. Some teams will be turned off by his shoot-first approach, and his auxiliary counting stats are somewhat inflated by his heavy on-ball minutes and the lack of other passers on the roster. Nobody is mistaking him for a true point guard. Ponds’ productivity and ability to create off the dribble will appeal to some teams, but his lack of great physicality will be a stumbling point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: 8.9 Seconds: 8P9S NBA Mock Draft 1.0: With the 26th pick, the Indiana Pacers select…
    by Ben Gibson 6 days ago [AKA 7 March 2019]

No. 19 — San Antonio Spurs: Goga Bitadze, C

Team: KK Buducnost | Height: 6’11” | Weight: 245 | Age: 19

The Spurs have a history of drafting excellent Euro players and the Spurs have a history of drafting very well. Georgian center Goga Bitadze could be the next in line of San Antonio Euro draft steals. The Spurs could afford to take a chance on a big with some upside, as Pau Gasol is gone and Jakob Poeltl is what he is.

BItadze’s movement is much improved and he is no longer a liability covering the pick and roll. He shoots an easy ball and has flashed shooting ability, along with some serious flashes of skill: putting the ball on the floor and making good passes.

More obviously, he is a 19-year-old putting up impressive numbers in the Euroleague, a feat most European teenagers do not achieve. Drafting a coordinated big with real offensive upside in the late teens is a fantastic grab for San Antonio here and Bitadze would have no better coach to help him ascend to his potential outcome. — Ben Pfeifer
    No. 29 — San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors):
    Nickeil Alexander-Walker,G

School: Virginia Tech | Class: Sop re | Height: 6’5″ | Weight: 205 | Age: 20
    Top articles
    2/5
    READ MORE
    Pac-12 Conference Tournament Day 2 Notebook

The Spurs probably need help at nearly every position (looking long-term), so a combo guard like Nickeil Alexander-Walker fits the bill perfectly.

Alexander-Walker’s 16.5 points a game come thanks to the fact he can score in more than one way. His ability to finish at the rim — with both hands — and solid 3-point shooting (38.4 percent career average) are his strengths on offense while his propensity for turnovers (3.8 assists to 2.9 turnovers) leaves something to be desired.

Alexander-Walker’s defense is solid with two steals a game, and more encouragingly, come without risking too much. He displays some of his defensive basketball IQ by being an opportunistic defender versus an overly aggressive one that leaves the team’s defense vulnerable while trying to be the hero.

The Hokies play zone defense, so while there are some questions on just how strong his defense is, he is showing the right skills within his team’s scheme. Finding the right role is required, but that isn’t too much to ask of Gregg Popovich.

Thread Information