Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Brendon Klee, 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Could the Hawks jumpstart their rebuild in 2019? (9 hours ago, AKA 17 January 2019)

Brandon Clarke
    F/C, Gonzaga
    Gonzaga

If you thought Shawn Marion was in the NBA a decade too early, watch Brandon Clarke.
    Tyrese Haliburton
    G, Iowa State
    Iowa State

If the past three drafts are any evidence, San Antonio wants to build around long, athletic guards and play aggressive defense. Haliburton checks all the boxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amico Hoops: Sam Amico, 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Third installment (January 12, 2019)

19. San Antonio Spurs: Jontay Porter, PF/C, Missouri

29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toront0): Eric Paschall, F, Villanova

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo! Sports: Rob Dauster, 2019 NBA Mock Draft 2.0: Zion Williamson remains No. 1, Duke goes 1-2-3 (Jan. 17, 2019)

Not team specific:
    20. ASHTON HAGANS, Kentucky

In the five games since Hagans burst onto the scene with eight steals in a win over North Carolina, he’s averaged 15.8 points, 4.4 assists and 3.6 steals while shooting 55.6 percent from the floor. Like Jones, he’s far more advanced defensively than he is offensively, but he’s a total game-changer on the defensive end and, frankly, I think that his shooting touch is closer than people might think.

There’s an added layer here — Hagans is uber-compe ive. He’s jawing with someone every game. He put up a career-high 23 points at Georgia, his home-state school where he was previously committed, after the fans in the arena spent the day all over him. You have to love that in a player.
    29. LUGUENTZ DORT, Arizona State

Dort is a powerful, athletic combo-guard that shot up draft boards early in the year before coming back down to earth in recent weeks. His inefficiency is the concern, and while he’s a star defender, he’s nowhere near the creator that his best comparison — Marcus Smart — is now or was in college. The question that NBA teams are going to have to ask when deciding about drafting Dort is whether his inefficiency stems from who he is as a player, or if it is simply the result of playing on a team that doesn’t have many other offensive options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Game Haus: Joe DiTullio, 2019 NBA Mock Draft January 11

20. San Antonio Spurs- Naz Reid, C, LSU

LSU is waiting for Reid to take over a game completely, but he is still a solid big man worth first-round consideration.
    30. San Antonio Spurs- Carsen Edwards, PG, Purdue

Edwards can score in bunches, but doesn’t have prototypical size or athleticism for the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Günlükleri: Berkcan Tokyay, 2019 NBA Mock Draft! (11 January 2019)

19. San Antonio Spurs: Jontay Porter, PF/C, Missouri

29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toront0): Eric Paschall, F, Villanova
    Last edited by Drom John; 01-18-2019 at 10:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon: 2019 NBA Draft Big Board
    Player Rankings updated 5 days ago AKA 12 January 2019

20. Daniel Gafford, C, Arkansas, So.

29. Goga Bitadze, C, Budućnost VOLIt, 19.5 yrs.

49. Matisse Thybulle, SF, Washington, Sr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the idea of Dort at 29 (been watching him at ASU for two seasons now), but I just don't see the fit with the Spurs having so many young guards already. He'd make sense if one of Murray or Walker were traded to fix the hole at SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Drom John, real nice work you did here. Thanks!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Drom John, real nice work you did here. Thanks!
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaxson Hayes (UT freshman, 6'11") may be available where the Spurs pick.

He has incredible potential as a modern big and seems to have that rare down-to-earth persona.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol why do any of these mocks have the Spurs taking a PG, G, or C?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol why do any of these mocks have the Spurs taking a PG, G, or C?
    That blows my mind too! There are so many mock drafts that are alergic to the Spurs taking a SF/PF it's incredible!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most mocks don’t take positional needs into account until after the college withdrawal deadline.
    Last edited by exstatic; 01-19-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like it or not Spurs first pick will be the best player on there board so SG, C, PF, SF, PG it don’t matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Spurs going after Goga Bitadze, he is a modern young center with good offensive skills and improving 3pt shot. He debuted in euroleague a few weeks ago and with what I saw, I was pretty impressed. I bet his stock will increase if he continues good play, might end up being picked before Spurs have their first pick tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Spurs going after Goga Bitadze, he is a modern young center with good offensive skills and improving 3pt shot. He debuted in euroleague a few weeks ago and with what I saw, I was pretty impressed. I bet his stock will increase if he continues good play, might end up being picked before Spurs have their first pick tho.
    Yeah, Tankathon has him going at 30. Would be such a good pick with the Toronto slot. Too good to be true, likely, but giving them a chance to stash him if they want to. Center is a draft need for the squad, though, because Poeltl is going to be an RFA in a year where the Spurs might not have the money for him. Even if they keep him, there is a non-negligible chance that Aldridge isn't going to be around too much longer after that, so having a rotational player ready to take over makes sense. Milutinov shouldn't keep them from drafting anyone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He has incredible potential as a modern big and seems to have that rare down-to-earth persona.
    I discovered him two weeks ago, looks like an intriguing prospect.

i really don’t Know what the spurs will do with their picks as they could take a guy at every position. I think we need a good SF but we could ad a true pg( depends on White/Murray positions next year) or pg/sg , a wing or a inside guy who can protect the rim ala Daniel gafford.

Maybe we’ll go with the BPA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston will probably grab him they need a big and having 4 first picks they will need to stash someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports Washington: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 1.0: Murray State's Ja Morant surging into top 5

14. San Antonio Spurs: Sekou Doumbouya

Nationality: France
    Position: Power Forward
    Height/Weight: 6-9/210

Bio: A versatile forward with freaky athleticism, Doumbouya plays for Limoges CSP in the top-tier of French basketball.

He's currently sidelined with a thumb injury which will require surgery.
    29. San Antonio Spurs: Bruno Fernando

College: Maryland
    Position: Center
    Height/Weight: 6-10/245

Bio: This might seem a bit low for Fernando, but he's got nowhere to go but up. With a plethora of big men being available in the mid-first, don't be surprised if Fernando is closer to No. 15 than No. 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: NBA Daily – 2019 60-Pick NBA Mock Draft
    Steve Kyler, January 22, 2019

Simi tu
    San Antonio Spurs

VanderbiltFreshman
    Height: 6' 10
    Position: PF
    Weight: 240

Quentin Grimes
    San Antonio Spurs

KansasFreshman
    Height: 6' 4
    Position: SG
    Weight: 210

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One mock has us taking him with out first pick and Arnold Schofield with Raptors pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston will probably grab him they need a big and having 4 first picks they will need to stash someone.
    Robert Williams?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs also have the possibility to trade to get a higher pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Tankathon has him going at 30. Would be such a good pick with the Toronto slot. Too good to be true, likely, but giving them a chance to stash him if they want to. Center is a draft need for the squad, though, because Poeltl is going to be an RFA in a year where the Spurs might not have the money for him. Even if they keep him, there is a non-negligible chance that Aldridge isn't going to be around too much longer after that, so having a rotational player ready to take over makes sense. Milutinov shouldn't keep them from drafting anyone.
    I agree, but it's pretty safe to say he'll be gone before the Toronto pick. Might as well be gone before Spurs' own pick. He is playing in Euroleague now, putting up pretty nice stats, and I think GMs will be willing to take more "risk" drafting player from Euroleague now, since we all know how they underrated Doncic's performance there, but he showed them it's not just a boys' league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems more likely they'll have two picks only with Memphis tanking and Clippers possibly dropping out of the playoffs. They may still draft and stash, mind. They'll have a lot of tough decisions to make in the summer especially if their season is unsuccrssful.

It'd be fun if they had 4 middling picks conveyed in this shallow draft, with few roster spots to use, but it seems their stars are aligning again.

Thread Information