Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do You guys think we could draft a true PG ala Tre Jones or not with murray and white playing PG ?

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SBNation: NBA mock draft 2019: Zion Williamson is No. 1. What happens after that?
    Ricky O'Donnell, Jan 23, 2019

20. San Antonio Spurs - Brandon Clarke, C, Gonzaga

A monster defensively and an efficient scorer on offense, Clarke is the rated as the second most valuable player in the sport behind Williamson by metrics like win shares per-40 and box score plus-minus. He doesn’t have great size at 6’8, but he’s a quick, smart player who has been deployed to devastating effect in the Gonzaga front court.
    29. San Antonio Spurs - Daniel Gafford, C, Arkansas

Gafford could have been a first-rounder last year but chose to come back to Arkansas for his sop re season. His per-game numbers have improved considerably despite the Razorbacks struggling all season. He’s another rim-runner, rim protector type who rebounds on both ends, dunks everything and can block shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draft Room: 2019 NBA Mock Draft
    Updated 1/22/19

Spurs
    Bruno Fernando C HT: 6-10 - WT: 245 - WING: 7-4 - FROM: Maryland
    A rugged NBA level defender who is starting to put it together on the offensive end. Shows flashes of potential and plenty of upside but lacks consistency. Has all the tools to develop into an NBA starter down the road.
    Comp. Emeka Okafor
    29 Spurs (from Raptors) Grant Williams PF HT: 6-7 - WT: 235 - WING: NA - FROM: Tennessee
    Williams is a powerful post player who also has a lot of finesse in his game. He's an excellent passer and play-maker who plays smart, tough basketball.
    [no comp.]
    Spurs

Tyus Battle

SG
    HT: 6-6 3/4- WT: 200 - WING: NA - FROM: Syracuse
    A nice 1 on 1 scorer who can get to the rim and score from mid range but doesn't move the ball well and will have to develop into a better defender if he wants to stick in the League. [No comp.]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarke would be pretty nice. Dude's a defensive PF rather than a C, but his stats are unreal. Biggest issue with him is really his age. 20 is a little high, but on talent alone, he's an easy lottery pick, so if the team did draft him, they'd get a good player.

Hachimura should see his stock drop. He's pretty much just a scorer now, and he's doing it without shooting well from the NBA three. He's not going to be a bad pick. But he started off the year looking like a guy with amazing potential, and he could end it as a three-year college player who didn't grow nearly as much as folks hoped. Obviously too soon to make that kind of call. But it's not out of the realm of possibility for them to get a chance to draft him when it looked before like he'd be a top-10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird now that a 20 year old is considered an older pick. I know that's been the case for years, but it still seems odd to me. Especially for a big man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird now that a 20 year old is considered an older pick. I know that's been the case for years, but it still seems odd to me. Especially for a big man.
    I agree i don’t think it’s Too old, 22-23 starts To be old for a draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that he's too old. It's that he's been in school (at a decent program) for three years now, and his development has kind of stalled out. Especially for a guy with his history, you can believe there's still a really high ceiling there, but upperclassmen traditionally have more polished games. He's not Derrick White, or Brandon Clarke to be more on point. But he's also not some 18-year-old with barely any experience like Lonnie was last season. I'm just saying that with how raw a lot of his game is, he could drop a bit. When folks assumed he'd show a better-rounded game this year, he made it as high as eight on boards. Now, it's not weird to see Clarke ranked near or even above Rui.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: There’s movement in the top 5
    Brenden Kleen, 4 hours ago [AKA 24 January 2019]

Rui Hachimura
    F, Gonzaga
    Gonzaga

If there’s any team who can coax good habits out of Hachimura, it’s the Spurs. Oh, and they won’t mind his mid-range happy offensive game.
    Darius Bazley
    F, Princeton High School
    Princeton High School

If you trust any team to swoop in and develop a questionable prospect like Bazley, who is sitting out the season to prepare for the draft, it’s the Spurs, who receive this pick as a byproduct of the Kawhi Leonard trade with Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nbadraft.net: Consensus Mock 2019

(57 users) Updated: 1/24/19 6:18 am

19 San Antonio Jontay Porter 6-11 240 C Missouri So.

30 San Antonio Jalen Smith 6-10 215 PF Maryland Fr.

49 San Antonio Robert Franks 6-8 230 SF/PF Washington St. Sr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: There’s movement in the top 5
    Brenden Kleen, 4 hours ago [AKA 24 January 2019]
    Hichimura and Bazley ...good for me

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Brandon Clarke, KZ Okpala around 19. Wouldn’t mind going with another forward with the second 1st rounder but I feel like we’ll go Euro in either of the two first rounders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of different ways the Spurs can go with 3 picks hopefully RC and Pop don’t screw it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings

Those are Tankathon's rankings for teams by how much draft capital they have. I have some beefs with the ranking system, like I don't think Boston has better draft capital than the Cavs do. But it's an interesting list. There's a link to the 82games methodology, but I think it's more fun to try to suss out individual pick values by looking at the rankings. The Spurs sit at 15, which I guess is fair even though they are one of only four teams with multiple firsts. According to the chart, they have value equivalent of the 11th-overall pick as of right now. Functionally, I think they could get to 14 and keep their second, though LAL probably prefers multiple high-seconds to late-firsts. Unless I got a good deal to catch a falling forward, I think I'd wait and hope more guards get pushed up. There are going to be interesting forwards at the end of the first. Wouldn't mind using the second-rounder to hop up a bit though. Miami doesn't need front-court help and doesn't have any other picks. Would probably take more than just 50 though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings

Those are Tankathon's rankings for teams by how much draft capital they have. I have some beefs with the ranking system, like I don't think Boston has better draft capital than the Cavs do. But it's an interesting list. There's a link to the 82games methodology, but I think it's more fun to try to suss out individual pick values by looking at the rankings. The Spurs sit at 15, which I guess is fair even though they are one of only four teams with multiple firsts. According to the chart, they have value equivalent of the 11th-overall pick as of right now. Functionally, I think they could get to 14 and keep their second, though LAL probably prefers multiple high-seconds to late-firsts. Unless I got a good deal to catch a falling forward, I think I'd wait and hope more guards get pushed up. There are going to be interesting forwards at the end of the first. Wouldn't mind using the second-rounder to hop up a bit though. Miami doesn't need front-court help and doesn't have any other picks. Would probably take more than just 50 though.
    Wow... how the do the Celtics has so many draft picks?!

No wonder the hawks and celtics want to unload players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaxson Hayes (UT freshman, 6'11") may be available where the Spurs pick.

He has incredible potential as a modern big and seems to have that rare down-to-earth persona.
    After looking him up more, I wouldn't mind us having him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: RipCity Project: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    by Jakob Ashlin 1 day ago [AKA 28 January 2019]

Jontay Porter
    Center Missouri
    San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs will likely move on from Paul Gasol after this season. Only $6.7 million of his $16 million salary is guaranteed if they choose to waive him. As a result, the Spurs could be interested in drafting another big man. Jontay Porter would be a good fit. He does not have elite explosiveness or speed, but he is a fundamentally sound player who can shoot, pass, and handle the basketball.
    Admiral Schofield
    Small Forward Tennessee
    San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs will receive this pick from the Raptors as part of the Kawhi Leonard trade. Admiral Schofield plays both the shooting guard and small forward positions at Tennessee. Now in his senior season, Schofield has raised his scoring average and three-point percentage each season that he has been at Tennessee. He is shooting 40.9% from three this year, but his true value comes from his tough brand of defense. Schofield is one of the most fearless players in college basketball and has proved himself to be an exceptional defender. If his offensive improvement is for real, the Spurs could have a really good two way player on their hands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: RipCity Project: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 2.0
    by Jakob Ashlin 1 day ago [AKA 28 January 2019]
    Schofield's skillset sounds interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: The Crossover: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 3.0: Zion Williamson Remains on Top, Ja Morant Continues to Skyrocket
    By Jeremy Woo January 30, 2019

20.San Antonio Spurs Spurs (via Raptors)[SIC] : PJ Washington, PF, Kentucky

Height: 6'7" | Weight: 230 | Sop re

While this might be a little high for Washington, he would be a strong system fit in San Antonio, where the Spurs like to play with two bigs. Washington could help replace Dante Cunningham’s minutes as a rebounding presence and finisher up front right away. He’s come on strong in recent weeks and has a solid case as a long-term role guy in the right system, and while he has some limitations in terms of height, his jump shooting continues to come along. If Washington begins shooting the three consistently, he’ll bring a nice all-around set of strengths to the table.
    28.San Antonio Spurs Spurs (via Raptors): Talen Horton-Tucker, G/F, Iowa State

Height: 6’4” | Weight: 240 | Freshman

The Spurs, with two first-rounders, would have a strong opportunity to utilize Horton-Tucker’s unique skill set here. His play has been much better over the course of the past week, and if it persists, he should have a case to test and potentially come out. Horton-Tucker is gifted at playing on the move, and is a better three-point shooter than he’s shown at times—the issue is consistency. There are some questions about what position he’ll guard and what role he might play, but at this stage of the draft, if we’re taking a shot on talent, he makes sense for a creative team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Medium.com: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
    Keandre Ashley, Jan 30

20. San Antonio Spurs: C Jaxson Hayes — Texas

28. San Antonio Spurs (via TOR): F Isaiah Roby — Nebraska

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Murray State’s Ja Morant is rising
    by Brendon Kleen 6 days ago [AKA 31 January 2019]

P.J. Washington
    F/C, Kentucky
    Kentucky

This pick comes to San Antonio by way of the Kawhi Leonard trade — drafting Washington would give the Spurs a modern defensive big to pair with their cluster of promising young guards.
    Bol Bol
    C, Oregon
    Oregon

The Spurs are not historically a team that seeks out risk to the degree that Bol would present them, but with two first-round picks this year and plenty of promising young talent on the roster, perhaps San Antonio would take the big man despite his season-ending foot surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: NBA Draft 2019: Plenty of lottery shakeups in latest mock draft
    by Brian Rauf 5 days ago [AKA 1 February 2019]

28) San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors) – Grant Williams, PF, Tennessee
    Much like his teammate, Williams is a tweener but could be a great small ball four for someone off the bench at the next level. He’s not as athletic as Schofield but is a better offensive player and better passer. Gregg Popovich would love getting a player with his high basketball IQ.
    20) San Antonio Spurs – Brandon Clarke, PF/C, Gonzaga
    Speaking of players who can’t play forever, Pau Gasol doesn’t have many years left. Even with Gasol, San Antonio could use more athleticism in their frontcourt. Clarke would provide that in spades and serve as a reliable rim protector.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Def Pen: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 2.0: Duke Quartet Packs the Lottery
    February 6, 2019 Gabe Esquivel

20. San Antonio Spurs
    Jordan Poole: Wing- Michigan

Poole is a dynamic offensive player who oozes high-level potential. The long, lanky 6-foot-4 sop re is shooting over 40 percent from deep and has begun showing more consistency in his ability to create his own offense. Poole’s long frame and functional athleticism also signal a tantalizing defensive ceiling under the proper tutelage. Poole has much upside as anyone left at this stage of the draft, but it will depend on his IQ development as well as his consistency.
    27. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto)
    Admiral Schofield: Combo Forward- Tennessee

Tennessee’s standout senior Admiral Schofield is the ideal high-floor type of player that teams want in the late first round. Schofield provides quality floor spacing, the ability to straight line drive strongly, and switchable defense. 6-foot-6 and ripped, Schofield has a body that even NBA players would envy. Given his age and skill set, his ceiling isn’t terribly high. However, Schofield could be a valuable contributor as a role player for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wing: NBA Mock Draft 2019: Festival de wings
    Grandes sorpresas en una camada con grandes prospects, pero poca profundidad.

28. San Antonio Spurs (vía Toronto Raptors) selecciona a Louis King (SF, Freshman, Oregon)

El conjunto de Popovich no suele dejar pasar a talentos que han caído hasta sus picks y Louis King tiene potencial para salir más arriba, pero las lesiones le han impedido debutar hasta diciembre y todavía está cogiendo ritmo. Pero cuidado, porque es un chico que perfectamente podría acabar como top 20.

San Antonio es ahora mismo uno de los equipos con mejor porcentaje de acierto en triples, pero también es cierto que son los que menos lanzan de toda la liga. Un jugador como Louis King, con un 38% de acierto en en 4.8 intentos por partido, podría ayudarles a estirar la pista para jugadores más interiores.

Por si fuera poco, Rudy Gay es expiring y Davis Bertans acabará contrato el año que viene. Tener algo de profundidad en la posición por lo que pueda pasar en la agencia libre siempre es una decisión inteligente y los Spurs han demostrado que son una franquicia muy trabajada desde los despachos.
    19. San Antonio Spurs selecciona a Jaxson Hayes (C, Freshman, Texas)

No hay mejor equipo posible para este jugador ni mejor proyecto posible para una franquicia como San Antonio. Jaxson Hayes y los Spurs son una combinación tan prometedora e interesante que incluso parece poco realista que esto vaya a suceder en la próxima noche del Draft de la NBA. Y es que si hay algún equipo que haya destacado por su metódico trabajo en evolución de jóvenes talentos y su ojo privilegiado a la hora de detectar posibles estrellas del futuro (¿a quién le sonaba un tal Kawhi Leonard cuando estaba en San Diego State?) estos son los Spurs.

Texas se ha convertido en una auténtica referencia en la NCAA a la hora de exportar interiores de calidad. LaMarcus Aldridge, Tristan Thompson o los más recientes Myles Turner, Jarrett Allen y Mohamed Bamba son ejemplos que aumentan incluso más el stock de una de las sensaciones de la temporada universitaria, Jaxson Hayes. En el año en el que todos esperábamos al mejor Jericho Sims (incluso un servidor apostó por él en la previa aquí en The Wing), Texas ha vuelto a sorprender con este espigado cinco de eternos brazos, veloz y experto en el pick&roll (y a altísima velocidad) y muy inteligente sin balón. Fundamentos más que atractivos para que un genio como Popovich le convierta en uno de los mejores cincos de la NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free Agent Forecast: 2019 NBA Mock Draft
    9 hours ago [AKA 6 February 2019]

San Antonio Spurs
    PG Shamorie Ponds 6'1" | 175 lbs St. John's
    San Antonio Spurs
    C Charles Bassey 6'11" | 220 lbs Western Kentucky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: Latest NBA Mock Draft Predictions, Post-2019 Trade Deadline
    Jonathan Wasserman
    February 8, 2019

20. San Antonio Spurs: PJ Washington (Kentucky, PF, Sop re)

With at least 20 points in four of Kentucky's last five games, Washington has his offense working from each level with his finishing, post game and shooting. Strong, long and nimble, the 6'8", 228-pounder is showing signs of improved skill and motor. There doesn't appear to be significant upside tied to him, but his tools, hands around the basket, projectable jumper and defensive mobility indicate a role-playing big man.
    28. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Deividas Sirvydis (Lithuania, SF, 2000)

After shooting 45.2 percent from three at the U18 European Championships, Sirvydis started the season as a prospect to watch. And he's delivered enough in limited action, flashing a promising mix of three-point shooting, driving and passing for a 6'7" wing.

Thread Information