Page 36 of 88 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way we can get 18 is if we lose the next game and become 8th seed right?
    The Spurs could get 18 if they win as long as the Pacers and Clippers win their final game and OKC wins at least one of their two games. At that point, it'd come down to coin flips to decide at least 18-20.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick 18 and 28 would be dream come true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pick 18 and 28 would be dream come true
    No, because pick 18 would mean we face the Warriors in the first round of the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because pick 18 would mean we face the Warriors in the first round of the playoffs.
    Not necessarily. Spurs could be in a three or four way tie in terms of record with the draft order of the teams chosen at random.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily. Spurs could be in a three or four way tie in terms of record with the draft order of the teams chosen at random.
    That's the interesting thing -- playoff position is determine by tiebreakers but draft order is determined at random.

A team can have the best (or worst) of all worlds at the same time.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the five U of Kentucky Spurs players, none were drafted by the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FantasyPros:
    2019 NBA Mock Draft: Entire Draft (1.0)
    by Zachary Hanshew | ZaktheMonster | Featured Writer
    Apr 9, 2019

20. San Antonio Spurs: Bol Bol (C – Oregon) – The big man from Oregon is a very interesting prospect at center. He’s tall at 7’2, but his 235-lb. frame makes him a little too slender and lanky to be a consistent presence under the basket playing against much bigger NBA centers. The good news is that he can be a stretch-five with his 52.0 percent three-point shooting.
    29. San Antonio Spurs: Talen Horton-Tucker (SG – Iowa State) Horton-Tucker is a guard with a solid frame and some strength to him. He’s an elite scorer given his ability to make a variety of shots all over the floor. He has impressive ball-handling skills and shoots well off the dribble. THT has an excellent step-back shot that’s tough to defend.
    [2nd Round]18. San Antonio Spurs: Jordan Nwora (SF/PF – Louisville) – Nwora has a natural ability to get to the basket using his quick first step, and he finishes strong even with contact. He’s a respectable three-point shooter and he can crash the glass using his huge leaping and long frame. Nwora is a willing defender and will fit well with the Jazz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders:
    Mock Drafts
    NBA Daily: 60-Pick NBA Mock Draft – 4/9/19

With the NCAA Tournament officially in the books, a wave of early entry candidates has already declared for the 2019 NBA Draft, with more expected in the coming days. Steve Kyler takes another look at the upcoming draft with his latest 60-pick mock.
    Steve Kyler

Goga Bitadze
    San Antonio Spurs

Mega BemaxInternational
    Height: 6' 11
    Position: C
    Weight: 250

PJ Washington
    San Antonio Spurs

KentuckySop re
    Height: 6' 8
    Position: PF
    Weight: 235

Brian Bowen
    San Antonio Spurs

Sydney Kings International
    Height: 6' 7
    Position: SF
    Weight: 200

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Bol Bol and Thybulle would be the best-case scenario for us, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the interesting thing -- playoff position is determine by tiebreakers but draft order is determined at random.

A team can have the best (or worst) of all worlds at the same time.
    True, though, It's weird that the NBA doesn't simply use head to heads records to determine 2 team tie breaker's for picks but it could be useful for us. If GSW wins then we will have a 50/50 shot at the 28th pick

Then again, Indy is resting several key players against ATL so they would have a worse record than the Spurs, Clippers and Thunder assuming that all three win. In which case the random determination would be used to figure out who gets 19, 20 and 21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final day of the regular season update:

San Antonio's own first round pick can be anywhere from 18 to 21. If the Spurs beat the Mavs, they also need the Pacers to beat the Hawks and the Clippers to beat the Jazz in order to keep hope alive for that 18th pick. The Pacers aren't playing for anything and they'll probably be resting a few players so the Hawks are actually 4.5-point favorites. The Clippers could move up in the standings and avoid the Warriors and the Jazz aren't playing for anything, so the Clippers are favored by 8 points.

If OKC beats the Bucks, the Spurs would be guaranteed no worse than the 20th pick. OKC is playing to avoid the Warriors and the Bucks will be resting at least Giannis and Brook Lopez so the Thunder are favored to win in Milwaukee by 4.5 points.

As for the first round pick the Spurs will get from the Raptors, the Spurs need the Warriors to beat the Grizzlies in Memphis to have a 50/50 shot at getting the 28th pick. Otherwise, if the Warriors lose, the Spurs will get the 29th pick. The Warriors will likely be in full-on tank mode (don't have anything to play for, Kerr extra paranoid after Curry got hurt in their last game [Curry, Green, Cousins already listed as out; Durant, Thompson questionable]) so I'd imagine they probably lose even though Vegas currently has them as a 4-point favorite.

Their second round pick will land somewhere between 48 and 51 (it'll depend on what happens with their first round pick).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's say you package the two first rounders along with Bryn (or Beli), how high do you think they could move up?

Maybe to 10th or 11th? Hunter from UVA looked like a pretty damn good prospect to me and I could see him slipping because of his age....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's say you package the two first rounders along with Bryn (or Beli), how high do you think they could move up?

Maybe to 10th or 11th? Hunter from UVA looked like a pretty damn good prospect to me and I could see him slipping because of his age....
    If you packaged a nearly second round pick with a late teens or early 20s pick, plus a player that you no longer want (by definition: You're trading them), you MIGHT just squeek into the late lottery. Top 10 is a pipe dream.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player available should be the mentality no matter what when we draft. I could see potential star players like Kevin Porter or Bol Bol slipping. I would even say Sekou and maybe Goga May have some kind of star to elite role player potential as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Bol Bol and Thybulle would be the best-case scenario for us, tbh.
    I view Bitizde as an equal big prospect as Bol at this point and probably a safer bet to be an impact player though Bol has a high ceiling. I'd still take Doumboya over both, I think.

Thybulle as the 28th pick is a solid pick. He has better shooting numbers than I expected (36% on 532 career 3's and 78% on FTs)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player available should be the mentality no matter what when we draft. I could see potential star players like Kevin Porter or Bol Bol slipping. I would even say Sekou and maybe Goga May have some kind of star to elite role player potential as well.
    No, we should not draft another ing PG. I would love to get Thybulle if he falls to us at pick 29, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I view Bitizde as an equal big prospect as Bol at this point and probably a safer bet to be an impact player though Bol has a high ceiling. I'd still take Doumboya over both, I think.

Thybulle as the 28th pick is a solid pick. He has better shooting numbers than I expected (36% on 532 career 3's and 78% on FTs)
    Thybulle can be our next Bowen, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter has torn his knee up now twice don’t want any part of him. As far as Bol the main question for him has been does he have the desire to train and be a pro basketball player. So you add to that he know has a broken foot and weighs about 195 pds not No But No.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Back when it looked like Hunter was more under the radar, he was the guy I was looking for. That's a high price to pay, but I wouldn't cry if that's who they get even if they have to do that deal. I could possibly see Atlanta trading their 9 pick for that package, since they also have the 5th pick and the draft is considered pretty top-heavy. They might consider a two-for-one deal, along with Forbes' 3P shooting. If PATFO could convince them to take Belli instead, they would have earned their paychecks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porter has torn his knee up now twice don’t want any part of him. As far as Bol the main question for him has been does he have the desire to train and be a pro basketball player. So you add to that he know has a broken foot and weighs about 195 pds not No But No.
    It's kinda hard to question his desire when he hasn't played since December ONLY due to injury. Also, he weighs 235 which is more than enough for bigs in today's NBA. There is legitimate concern about his durability and health but if he falls to us, picking him wouldn't be the worst move in the world for a guy who has lottery talent.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, we should not draft another ing PG. I would love to get Thybulle if he falls to us at pick 29, though.
    LMAO. We don't have any ing PG's.

"Point guards? We don't need no steenking point guards.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Point guards? We don't need no steenking point guards.?
    Murray and White will play that role whether you like it or not as neither are two guards, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Point guards? We don't need no Steenking point guards.?
    White is pretty clearly a PG, not sure why you think otherwise. With Murray back, he may end up coming off bench with Murray and DeRozan sharing playmaking responsibilities.

PG and SG seem like to two most stocked positions on the team. SF, PF, and C, not so much, going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kinda hard to question his desire when he hasn't played since December ONLY due to injury. Also, he weighs 235 which is more than enough for bigs in today's NBA. There is legitimate concern about his durability and health but if he falls to us, picking him wouldn't be the worst move in the world for a guy who has lottery talent.
    235 is rather thin for a player who is 7'2 but Bol is undeniably skilled offensively and looks like he has deep range. On a couple of highlights, he is taking and making 3's well behind the line with no hesitation. He is super young (doesn't turn 20 until next season) but his body will need to be worked on significantly for him to last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    235 is rather thin for a player who is 7'2 but Bol is undeniably skilled offensively and looks like he has deep range. On a couple of highlights, he is taking and making 3's well behind the line with no hesitation. He is super young (doesn't turn 20 until next season) but his body will need to be worked on significantly for him to last.
    Da Admiral was 235 pounds back when Centers were Centers, tbh.

Thread Information