Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Game Haus: 2019 NBA Mock Draft February 11
    by Joe DiTullio, February 11, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs- Sekou Doumbouya, F, France

Doumbouya is just 18 and looks like a player that could thrive if a good coach gets his hands on him.
    28. San Antonio Spurs- Kevin Porter, G/F, USC

Porter has only played in a few games this season because of a thigh injury, but showed he could do a little bit of everything on the court.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season can't end fast enough...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chuma Okeke is the only guy I know of right now since I don’t watch much college bball that interests me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kris Wilkes from UCLA looks like the kind of pick Spurs would make for SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Daily: 2019 60-Pick NBA Mock Draft- 2/20/19
    With the 2019 NBA Trade Deadline out of the way, here is another look at all 60 picks of the 2019 NBA Draft and how things could shake out.
    February 12, 2019
    Steve Kyler

19 Spurs Jarrett Culver, Texas Tech Sop re SG
    28 Spurs Goga Bitadze, Mega Bemaz International C
    49 Spurs Paul Eboua, Stella Azzurra International SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: NBA Draft Big Board 4.0: Ja Morant Takes Over No. 2 Spot, Zion Williamson Remains on Top
    By Jeremy Woo February 12, 2019

Not team specific

19. Goga Bitadze, C, KK Buducnost

Height: 6'11" | Weight: 245 | Age: 19 | Last Rank: 25

Bitadze drew interest as high as the late first round last season but opted to stay overseas, and has continued to impress as a highly productive pro at his age. While it’s harder for big-bodied, below-the-rim centers in his archetype to log heavy minutes in the current NBA, his improving skill set and strong feel for the game give him a chance to make the leap successfully. He has been extremely productive this season, and has handled himself well in EuroLeague play, as well. Bitadze is a pretty natural scorer around the basket, capable passer and strong shot-blocker, and continues to make a good first-round case.
    28. Tyrese Haliburton, G, Iowa State | Freshman

Height: 6’5” | Weight: 170 | Age: 18 | Last Rank: 28

Although he has not made much of an impact in the scoring column at all this season, teams have begun to take notice of Haliburton’s other contributions within the context of Iowa State’s success. His minimal offensive usage rate masks his role as a primary offensive conduit for the Cyclones, always making the right pass, rarely turning the ball over, and ensuring his higher-profile teammates are put in good positions to score the ball. Haliburton has exceptional vision and elite instincts on both sides of the ball. His feel for where the ball should go and ability to enhance transition play is elite, and despite shooting a strictly set jumper right now, he’s been making threes at a convincing clip. As he gets stronger, his game will only expand. Returning to school should allow him to improve his draft stock, but he’s put himself in good position to at least test the waters this season. We don’t have a complete sense of how he scores the ball yet, but the things he does extremely well are difficult to teach.
    49. Shamorie Ponds, G, St. John’s | Junior

Height: 6’1” | Weight: 180 | Age: 20 | Last Rank: 50

Ponds’s ability to take over as a scorer and improved playmaking has been a big part of St. John’s resurgence this season, but his shooting has regressed a little bit in recent weeks and the Red Storm have fallen into the middle of the pack in the Big East. He is not physically imposing in any way, but has a good level of craft to his game and can score creatively. Still, his auxiliary counting stats are somewhat inflated by his heavy on-ball minutes and the lack of other passers on the roster. Ponds’s productivity and ability to create off the dribble will appeal to some teams, but it’s worth wondering how much his stats directly contribute to winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want either:

-Bol Bol
    -Charles Bassey
    -Daniel Gafford
    -Jaxson Hayes

Or any combo of the 2 if possible .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want either:

-Bol Bol
    -Charles Bassey
    -Daniel Gafford
    -Jaxson Hayes

Imo Bassey is the better one, it would be very interesting if we can draft him. All four are looking good with some concerns with bol bol health.

I don't think we'll draft two inside guys but maybe an sf and a pf/C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait for that 30th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see this being the year the Spurs try to bundle players and picks and move up in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see this being the year the Spurs try to bundle players and picks and move up in the draft.
    Forbes plus 19th pick to try and move up makes a lot of sense tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo Bassey is the better one, it would be very interesting if we can draft him. All four are looking good with some concerns with bol bol health.

I don't think we'll draft two inside guys but maybe an sf and a pf/C.
    I don't see 2 inside guys either, but I would take a hard look at another one of these guys if they slide to the high 20's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't surprise me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. At least one guard will be expendable. For a small splash, that's Forbes. For a big splash, it's DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes plus 19th pick to try and move up makes a lot of sense tbh.
    except that wont happen because forbes wont move the needle enough

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want either:

-Bol Bol
    -Charles Bassey
    -Daniel Gafford
    -Jaxson Hayes

Personally, I think Bol Bol could turn out to be a poor man's Greg Oden. I know he shoots 3's, but his foot injury is a serious worry. If the other teams don't weigh the foot too heavily, he won't fall low enough for the Spurs to draft him. If they are worried about it, the Spurs should probably worry too.

We all know that the Spurs aren't likely to do any draft day deals. But if they were to, I could see them trying to move up to pick De'Andre Hunter - IF he falls down to around 12-13. That's a lot of ifs, and I haven't really thought about what they would have to package to get the pick. But I think he's probably about as good as the Spurs could remotely hope to get this year, unless they pull the plug on this season and move up in the draft organically.

With their second rounder, I was thinking Max Strus, but he's been getting a lot of attention. If he finishes the season strong and looks good in the combine, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Spurs take him with the Rap's pick, then take John Petty with their second round pick.

[Edit]
    Hunter is an excellent defender, and the kind of guy the Spurs are likely looking for. He could get court time next year. He's not flashy, but he's solid. Sounds like the Spurs to me.

Strus is exactly "Spurs material". He's a four-year guy who already earned a degree and is working on his masters. He's a "character" guy, a "glue" guy, and a leader. And his story coming out of high school isn't all that different from White. I'm telling you, he's a serious contender for the Spurs to pick. I don't think there's any way he falls to their second round slot now, because he's played too well. But I could see them throwing that Rap's pick at him anyway.

Petty has a shooting stroke. Think Bryn Forbes II. Just about what I expect the Spurs to do with the second rounder.

Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 02-12-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what I've read of Bol Bol - he has to big question marks : Foot injury and motor. The 1st may heal and be ok. But he sounds lazy when he plays. Doesn't put effort in. Just used to getting played because he's tall and can shoot. Doesn't work for it. I wouldn't waist a pick on someone who already sounds lazy and en led.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the do you get to a poor man's Greg oden? They can't get any poorer than a crap out number one pick in liue of picking first ballot Hall of Fame Durant.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what I've read of Bol Bol - he has to big question marks : Foot injury and motor. The 1st may heal and be ok. But he sounds lazy when he plays. Doesn't put effort in. Just used to getting played because he's tall and can shoot. Doesn't work for it. I wouldn't waist a pick on someone who already sounds lazy and en led.
    Bol has skills. I just don't think his body will hold up.

His dad was a great man. Unlike all the virtue signaling posers in sports, Bol walked his talk. I haven't seen any reason to think he's en led. I hope I'm wrong about him, and his body can stand the strain. And if he has a long NBA career, I hope he does as much good with his money as Manute. Besides, someone will take a chance on him long before the Spurs pick.

How the do you get to a poor man's Greg oden? They can't get any poorer than a crap out number one pick in liue of picking first ballot Hall of Fame Durant.
    "Poor man's" specifically because he WON'T be a number one pick. Look into the nature of his foot injury. It's serious - especially for a 7-3 guy who's built like a stork, and will be pounding up and down a hardwood floor for a living, and banging into guys with much heavier frames.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except that wont happen because forbes wont move the needle enough
    Disagree, he's cheap next season and has also proven himself as a player. I could see a team trading back several spots -still getting a good pick and adding a rotation player.

He should have more value than the 28th pick tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanting nothing to do with Bol tired of drafting injury plagued players go healthy or go home. This draft is going to be crazy I see tons of trades being done a lot of teams are going to be moving in and out. At this point I don’t have a clue who will be first pick anything after 11 is a toss up the mock drafts are all over the board as far as what players goes where. I am still hoping we can fall a little lower maybe in the 12 to 16 range and maybe Raptors get the injury bug and fall into 24 to 27 range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray out injured. White out injured. Walker out injured. Sure let's draft Bol. What could possibly go wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray out injured. White out injured. Walker out injured. Sure let's draft Bol. What could possibly go wrong.
    Walker has a sprained ankle. White has PF. Neither of those is considered an injury red flag.

Murray tore his ACL. Nothing in a pre-draft evaluation would have spotted this on the horizon. It happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker has a sprained ankle. White has PF. Neither of those is considered an injury red flag.

Murray tore his ACL. Nothing in a pre-draft evaluation would have spotted this on the horizon. It happens.
    In sports, ACL injury is all about mechanism of injury, aka a pivot shift injury. Its a freak accident.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way, I hope we go big with our first pick.

Thread Information