Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2178
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any sleeper Europeans in this year's draft?
    Deivydas Sirvydas is like a 6-8 Davis Bertans. Negative wingspan, weak, good shooter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deivydas Sirvydas is like a 6-8 Davis Bertans. Negative wingspan, weak, good shooter
    ;-) . I suspect Spurs pick him up on the 29th pick.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Thybulle is Adam Hanga clone, so we could have that type of player by now if we wanted...
    the scouts and front office don’t like him. Don’t know how else I can spell it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louis King from Oregon looks like he could be a solid 3&D player in the NBA at the least. I think if a lot of the guys who have declared so far stay in the draft, we will have a good shot grabbing a solid 3&D player who can guard the 2&3

I can't wait for the draft lottery and combine. Especially the combine because that is going to really help separate the prospects more clearly.

May 14th is the lottery and May 15-17 is the combine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the scouts and front office don’t like him. Don’t know how else I can spell it.
    Did y’all have good coffee at your last roundtable? The spurs are not only not in the habit of sharing their likes and dislikes, player wise, they’ve been known to use disinformation during the draft process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louis King from Oregon looks like he could be a solid 3&D player in the NBA at the least. I think if a lot of the guys who have declared so far stay in the draft, we will have a good shot grabbing a solid 3&D player who can guard the 2&3

I can't wait for the draft lottery and combine. Especially the combine because that is going to really help separate the prospects more clearly.

May 14th is the lottery and May 15-17 is the combine
    The combine is really only useful for players projected outside of the lottery. Everyone else just shows up to be interviewed and measured.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Mock Draft 2019: Updated Predictions for 1st-Round Prospects
    Joe Tansey
    April 28, 2019

19. San Antonio Spurs: Jaxson Hayes, C, Texas
    29. San Antonio Spurs (from Toronto): Grant Williams, PF, Tennessee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most mocks have us taking centers (or PFs in that mold) and I don’t really get it. Wing is the biggest need. But I don’t really care what we do I trust that the front office will pick the right guy, they usually do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most mocks have us taking centers (or PFs in that mold) and I don’t really get it. Wing is the biggest need. But I don’t really care what we do I trust that the front office will pick the right guy, they usually do
    A true, post playing center is the last thing we need, having two on the roster. Those two can rarely play a lot of minutes together, so I don't see the utility of adding yet another. It's not like our cadre of young guards, where there are 96 minutes to parcel out, more if you run some 3 guard sets.

Any bigs they draft, whether Cs or PFs, should be of the stretch variety, able to shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that having a true center is not a need With Jakob and aldridge but having a true Pf/C back Up is a need. So we have the draft or free agency To get one.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did y’all have good coffee at your last roundtable? The spurs are not only not in the habit of sharing their likes and dislikes, player wise, they’ve been known to use disinformation during the draft process.

My guy says they don’t think his talents translate to the nba, ����*♂️

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS has a strong tradition of drafting who they think is BPA, rather than for need. A lot of teams are undervalueing traditional big men (IMO, of course), so they are dropping lower than they should...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah when we draft we can grab a top 5 rated Center or PF but not a SG or SF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more tape I watch on this guy, the more I want him. He’s an Al Horford clone (poor man’s version). Same size, same kind of game. Stretch-5 Defensive stalwart who can knock down long jumpers. Shot 37% from 3 this season. Plays with a lot of passion and fire. I think he’s going to improve his stock at the combine though and eventually be a top-17 pick. 21 years old. He’s also Dikembe Mutombo’s nephew.

Last edited by BatManu20; 04-29-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more tape I watch on this guy, the more I want him. He’s an Al Horford clone (poor man’s version). Same size, same kind of game. Stretch-5 Defensive stalwart who can knock down long jumpers. Shot 37% from 3 this season. Plays with a lot of passion and fire. I think he’s going to improve his stock at the combine though and eventually be a top-17 pick. 21 years old. He’s also Dikembe Mutombo’s nephew.

he is ( with others prospects) what i talk about since weeks. A true inside Guy who Can provide shotblocking, athletism to the team and play Bhind aldridge and poetl.
    The plus for kabengele is That he is a capable 3 point shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guy says they don’t think his talents translate to the nba, ����*♂️
    You know someone who works as a scout for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I brought him up earlier in the thread and like his game also. I'm an ACC fan living in ACC country and got to see him play a few times this season and he is a solid player. I wonder what his measurements will be at the combine though. If he has as good a wing span as thought and shows he is quick on his feet he might rise up the draft boards.

A guy I think we should try and poach via free agency is Bruno Caboclo. Toronto drafted him a few years back and Fran Fraschilla famously said he is 2 years away from being 2 years away. Well he got picked up from the G-league by Memphis late in the season and he played well. Dude is tall enough to play small ball 4 and can play the 3 at 6"9'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The combine is really only useful for players projected outside of the lottery. Everyone else just shows up to be interviewed and measured.
    We are outside of the lottery so its important for prospects we will be trying to draft. Lol

I'm excited about the draft lottery because I want to know who drafts where in the lottery. I think whoever gets the #1 pick has a chance to help change the future standings in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like the Knicks if they got the 1st pick would try and trade it and some players for Anthony Davis which could maybe entice Durant or Kyrie Irving to go play there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are outside of the lottery so its important for prospects we will be trying to draft. Lol

I'm excited about the draft lottery because I want to know who drafts where in the lottery. I think whoever gets the #1 pick has a chance to help change the future standings in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like the Knicks if they got the 1st pick would try and trade it and some players for Anthony Davis which could maybe entice Durant or Kyrie Irving to go play there
    According to off the record talk by KD's teammates, he's going to NY, regardless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I brought him up earlier in the thread and like his game also. I'm an ACC fan living in ACC country and got to see him play a few times this season and he is a solid player. I wonder what his measurements will be at the combine though. If he has as good a wing span as thought and shows he is quick on his feet he might rise up the draft boards.

A guy I think we should try and poach via free agency is Bruno Caboclo. Toronto drafted him a few years back and Fran Fraschilla famously said he is 2 years away from being 2 years away. Well he got picked up from the G-league by Memphis late in the season and he played well. Dude is tall enough to play small ball 4 and can play the 3 at 6"9'
    Pretty sure Caboclo got extended through next year when he signed a full deal with Memphis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Caboclo got extended through next year when he signed a full deal with Memphis
    Damn! I didn't look at his deal i just remembered they grabbed him and he played well along with Jonas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to off the record talk by KD's teammates, he's going to NY, regardless.
    I'm surprised he would think to go to New York because the media is going to eat him alive there and he has issues in the bay area now while things are going well. I'm also kinda surprised he would leave Golden State with how dominant they have been. I mean he wanted the easier route to winning and got what he wanted, so why leave? I guess he is tired of being looked at as lame?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised he would think to go to New York because the media is going to eat him alive there and he has issues in the bay area now while things are going well. I'm also kinda surprised he would leave Golden State with how dominant they have been. I mean he wanted the easier route to winning and got what he wanted, so why leave? I guess he is tired of being looked at as lame?
    He's leaving because he's done what he came to do: win rings. I also think he's done with Raymond and his bull .

Honestly, they're like the Beatles: supremely talented, but egos just really got in the way. I mean the Beatles had stopped touring in like 1966. All they had to do was go into the studio every 15-18 months, and cut an album, and it would be like printing money. It would have lasted decades, but they just couldn't keep going. They stopped being friends or even getting along. GS is the same. Winning just isn't enough when you're spoiled with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just some interesting FYI guys.

I'm at the Slovenian league game right now, and RC Buford is sitting like two rows in front of me. He must've come to watch Luka Samanic, since there are no other NBA level talents in this game. It's the second time I've seen him at the game this year. Maybe the Spurs are onto something here...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just some interesting FYI guys.

I'm at the Slovenian league game right now, and RC Buford is sitting like two rows in front of me. He must've come to watch Luka Samanic, since there are no other NBA level talents in this game. It's the second time I've seen him at the game this year. Maybe the Spurs are onto something here...
    If the spurs draft and stash a guy It will probably be him.

Thread Information