Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2178
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would never deal with them for a game changer like Kawhi but for a loser like DeMar? He better pick up that phone.
    Yeah would kill 2 birds with one stone tbh. Lakers would be stuck with DeRozan and 35 year old LeBron. Add Lonzo and there's no shooting at all in the back court

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Ship his ass out asap before the Lakers change their mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah would kill 2 birds with one stone tbh. Lakers would be stuck with DeRozan and 35 year old LeBron. Add Lonzo and there's no shooting at all in the back court
    The brick brother's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The brick brother's
    would be amazing to watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't think PATFO would turn that down if offered. Spurs could still be a playoff team and also have 3 picks to build for the post Pop era.
    I know a lot of folks don’t like DeRozan’s game but do people really think if we trade him for a draft pick that we would still be a playoff team? Lol. Really?

Wow it’s a lot of delusional folks on this site. If we trade him barring injuries to a lot of western conference teams there is no way we make the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar is not getting traded after Pop has explicitly told him they traded for him because they wanted him, not because they wanted to get rid of Kawhi. That would look really bad
    When did he say that? Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a lot of folks don’t like DeRozan’s game but do people really think if we trade him for a draft pick that we would still be a playoff team? Lol. Really?

Wow it’s a lot of delusional folks on this site. If we trade him barring injuries to a lot of western conference teams there is no way we make the playoffs
    We were a playoff team with just LMA the year before. Sure the West might be tougher, but hopefully the return of DJ and continued improvement of White and others would get us in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We were a playoff team with LaMarcus and a LOT worse cast last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were a playoff team with LaMarcus and a LOT worse cast last year.
    Stop!

teams are consistently getting better each season and this season getting into the playoffs was even harder than last year to do. A lot of teams barring injuries will be better like the Lakers, Kings, and even Dallas is going to be better.

Like i stated in the Demar trade thread if we trade Demar then they should move Aldridge and start the rebuild in my opinion.

I would be fine with starting an all out rebuild instead of being in no mans land and just barely missing the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d even be with throwing in a sharp shooter, say Patty Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop!

teams are consistently getting better each season and this season getting into the playoffs was even harder than last year to do. A lot of teams barring injuries will be better like the Lakers, Kings, and even Dallas is going to be better.

Like i stated in the Demar trade thread if we trade Demar then they should move Aldridge and start the rebuild in my opinion.

I would be fine with starting an all out rebuild instead of being in no mans land and just barely missing the playoffs
    And yet, the Spurs make the playoffs, year after year. Sacto is fools gold, and Dallas is a couple of years away. The Lakers are a dumpster fire, although they'd be better than last year with DD.

You act like the Spurs won't improve. Each of our young guards will be one year more experienced, and we'd be bringing in, very likely if the trade goes down, a top notch young SF with the #4 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just a smoke screen, Lakers after Bradley Beal with the 4th pick..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4, 19, 29. Great re-building blocks. Move Aldridge and package picks to move up and then you’re really talking. Say to Boston for 14. Package 14 and 19 to ATL for 8.

4, 8, 29 even better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4, 19, 29. Great re-building blocks. Move Aldridge and package picks to move up and then you’re really talking. Say to Boston for 14. Package 14 and 19 to ATL for 8.

4, 8, 29 even better
    Honestly, I'd just stop at the DMDR trade. Murray/White/Hunter/Gay/Aldridge should still be a playoff team. Then you can try to trade Mills and 29 for an expiring and use 19 on a forward. Then the bench is Forbes/Walker/Beli/Bertans/Poeltl, and that should also be a good unit. Worst comes to worst, you trade LMA during the season for more future assets or just cut him after the year. There's no point in having too many rookies at one time. Plus, ATL wouldn't do that 14/19-for-8 trade. They have too many picks already. Maybe Washington would do 9. But 14 and 29 might be enough to grab whomever they want anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I'd just stop at the DMDR trade. Murray/White/Hunter/Gay/Aldridge should still be a playoff team. Then you can try to trade Mills and 29 for an expiring and use 19 on a forward. Then the bench is Forbes/Walker/Beli/Bertans/Poeltl, and that should also be a good unit. Worst comes to worst, you trade LMA during the season for more future assets or just cut him after the year. There's no point in having too many rookies at one time. Plus, ATL wouldn't do that 14/19-for-8 trade. They have too many picks already. Maybe Washington would do 9. But 14 and 29 might be enough to grab whomever they want anyway.
    Absolutely. Having LMA on the team gives us a watchable floor and allows those rookies to avoid getting used to losing. It's a win-win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think the Spurs should trade Poeltl to snag a "coveted forward". In the other thread, you say that it should be a 6'8" or better PF. When I ask you how high they could trade up by using Poeltl, you say 11-13, but when I ask for a name you've got nothing? I don't expect you to be in PATFO's head - I want to know what you had in mind for trading Poeltl.

It can't be that long of a list. A 6'8" or better PF, not likely to be taken in the first 6-7 slots, because the Spurs can't get there. But also not likely to still be there at 19, or they wouldn't need to trade Poeltl. There cant be that many. So who did you have in mind?
    I don't think it makes much sense to narrow the list. I don't want the Spurs to trade up to 11 to pick any guy I like. I want them to like a guy enough to want to trade up to 11 and to be able to do so. Ultimately, I trust PATFO's ability to scout and evaluate talent way more than I just my own YouTube-inspired takes. Like I don't care about Doumbouya, but if PATFO moved up for him, I'd be really intrigued. Same with Hachimura, Little, Reddish, or Hunter. I think Clarke is a uber talent in the class, but I'd prefer the Spurs not trade Poeltl for Clarke, draft another center at 29 and use the MLE on yet another center. That's way too many resources being used for the same type of player.

My main point in this thread is that moving Poeltl and replacing him with Milutinov and a draft pick is the most sensible way to move up. There's a ready-made contingency plan in place for Jakob's departure, and it makes it possible to add a max player to a Murray/White/Walker/DeRozan/Aldridge/"Coveted Forward" core. If the goal is to try to win a le, this is easily the fastest way to give the Spurs a legit shot at it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d even be with throwing in a sharp shooter, say Patty Mills.
    I could get onboard with that. Special, this week only, buy a DDR and get a free wombat!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My main point in this thread is that moving Poeltl and replacing him with Milutinov and a draft pick is the most sensible way to move up. There's a ready-made contingency plan in place for Jakob's departure, and it makes it possible to add a max player to a Murray/White/Walker/DeRozan/Aldridge/"Coveted Forward" core. If the goal is to try to win a le, this is easily the fastest way to give the Spurs a legit shot at it.
    The fastest way to get a legit shot at the le is to dump Poeltl, and replace him with that slug Milutinov and a draft pick. You say.

Or has something gone wrong with my eyes? Nobody would really write that. Yes, it must be my eyes. I need to call my optometrist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet, the Spurs make the playoffs, year after year. Sacto is fools gold, and Dallas is a couple of years away. The Lakers are a dumpster fire, although they'd be better than last year with DD.

You act like the Spurs won't improve. Each of our young guards will be one year more experienced, and we'd be bringing in, very likely if the trade goes down, a top notch young SF with the #4 pick.
    I’m one of the few on here that has consistently said I’m excited to see the improvement of our young guys but I’m realistic. i feel it’s a lot easier to bring along the young players if you have people that is familiar with the system, coaching staff and the pressure of being expected to win and compete at a high level.

I’m pretty sure if Demar is traded the front office is going to want a veteran back or have their eye on a veteran via free agency to help stay compe ive and help the young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m one of the few on here that has consistently said I’m excited to see the improvement of our young guys but I’m realistic. i feel it’s a lot easier to bring along the young players if you have people that is familiar with the system, coaching staff and the pressure of being expected to win and compete at a high level.

I’m pretty sure if Demar is traded the front office is going to want a veteran back or have their eye on a veteran via free agency to help stay compe ive and help the young players.
    Well, that trade would create a HUGE trade exception. Those last for a full year and can be quite useful, either to get an expensive asset, or take on a garbage contract or two, coupled with draft pick assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie would really be the only one of the three still learning the system. Both of the others did a year in Austin, and then were Spurs starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fastest way to get a legit shot at the le is to dump Poeltl, and replace him with that slug Milutinov and a draft pick. You say.

Or has something gone wrong with my eyes? Nobody would really write that. Yes, it must be my eyes. I need to call my optometrist.
    Yes. Do you have a better way?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd have to wonder if gay would stay should the spurs ship out demar. and if he left, then i think the spurs would have to consider trading aldridge also. but i seriously doubt LA will trade their 4th if they can't use it to get davis. but then who the knows what the LA is doing nowadays?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can trade DeRozan for #4 Spurs would have about 30 million in salary cap. I'd immediately go after Julius Randle. The guy is only 24 and averaged 21.4/8.7/3.1 and is working hard on his 3-point shot (shot 35% last season). If you want a Diaw/Draymond type player he's the one to go after. You'd also have something like 10 million in salary left to resign Gay or you move Belinelli/Bertans and go after a Bojan Bogdanovic, Marcus Morris type player. That is a better team than last years with a lot of youth and way better D.

I would keep Aldridge around and see how the young guys develop. Spurs got Forbes/Belinelli/Bertans expiring so they could be able to get a nice deal or pick out of those 3 at the deadline. Then after the season Aldridge's contract is only guaranteed for 7 million, meaning you might be able to package him in a trade for another young long term asset.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can trade DeRozan for #4 Spurs would have about 30 million in salary cap. I'd immediately go after Julius Randle. The guy is only 24 and averaged 21.4/8.7/3.1 and is working hard on his 3-point shot (shot 35% last season). If you want a Diaw/Draymond type player he's the one to go after. You'd also have something like 10 million in salary left to resign Gay or you move Belinelli/Bertans and go after a Bojan Bogdanovic, Marcus Morris type player. That is a better team than last years with a lot of youth and way better D.

I would keep Aldridge around and see how the young guys develop. Spurs got Forbes/Belinelli/Bertans expiring so they could be able to get a nice deal or pick out of those 3 at the deadline. Then after the season Aldridge's contract is only guaranteed for 7 million, meaning you might be able to package him in a trade for another young long term asset.
    I Support This Message

Thread Information