Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 4.0: Ja Morant to Knicks, Jarrett Culver Jumps Into Top Five
    By Jeremy Woo February 28, 2019

8.San Antonio Spurs Spurs: Bruno Fernando, C, Maryland

Height: 6’10” | Weight: 235 | Sop re | Last: 17

San Antonio’s frontline could certainly use an injection of youth and athleticism, and Fernando, who has become one of the most dynamic rim-runners in college hoops, might fit the bill. He’s taken a major step forward as a sop re and has evolved from project to someone who might be able to contribute minutes early on based on his consistent effort level and high-end tools. Fernando’s feel and skill level are both still developing, but the Spurs could provide a strong situation for him to develop, and cultivate him as a potential replacement for Pau Gasol. They might be able to get more out of him as a shooter and ball-screen option, as well.
    29.San Antonio Spurs Spurs (via Raptors): Tre Jones, PG, Duke

Height: 6’2” | Weight: 185 | Freshman | Last: 27

It’s clear now that most of Jones’ value is going to come on the defensive end, where he has been terrific. If you believe you can help fix his jump shot, then he’s worth a pick in this range. The Spurs could be a good landing spot here, with their emphasis on player development and history of helping players improve their shooting. Jones would give them a different, defensive-minded dimension off the bench, and if his shot comes around, he should be able to stick. But there’s risk involved here if he’s an offensive zero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheBigLead: 2019 NBA Mock Draft Version 1.0: Zion Williamson Still No. 1? Cam Reddish Slipping?
    By: Vik Chokshi | 2 hours ago [AKA 28 February 2019]

18. San Antonio Spurs: PJ Washington, PF, Kentucky – San Antonio would be a great fit for Washington, who could learn from LaMarcus Aldridge. LMA, who is turning 34 soon, could groom his potential successor. Washington has a high motor, nice hands and post game, and has shown shooting touch this season.
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Coby White, PG/ SG, North Carolina – White is a 6’5″ combo guard who can shoot. There is always a need for players like him in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FanSided: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Fallout from Zion Williamson’s injury gives others a chance to shine
    by Brendon Kleen 5 hours ago [AKA 28 February 2019]

Daniel Gafford
    C, Arkansas
    Arkansas

This pick comes by way of Toronto as a result of the Kawhi Leonard trade. Drafting Gafford would give San Antonio an athletic, two-way big to pair with its budding young backcourt.
    Jontay Porter
    C, Missouri
    Missouri

Porter, a young second-year college player who has gotten better in a hurry over the past few years, would be a fantastic student of the game under San Antonio’s renowned coaching staff. He is recovering from a knee injury but is expected to make a full recovery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FanSided: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Fallout from Zion Williamson’s injury gives others a chance to shine
    by Brendon Kleen 5 hours ago [AKA 28 February 2019]
    I hope TheBigLead and FanSided are wrong. But it would be just like the Spurs to draft 2 centers or a C and G and fail to address the glaring hole at SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando went the opposite way -- tried to assemble a team based upon needs rather than taking the best player.

They had the No. 1 pick in 1992 (Shaq) then had the No. 1 the next year (through sheer luck) -- the best player was Chris Webber but they already had a big (Shaq).

So they traded down and got Penny Hardaway --- the PG they thought they needed.

The rest is history. No les in Orlando despite having Shaq gifted to them plus the No. 1 pick the next year.
    Thats NOT what killed Orlando. Dennis Scott botching 4 free throws to end a series is what doomed that franchise. Orlando should have won a couple of les at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2019 NBA Draft: Updated Big Board Entering March
    Jonathan Wasserman
    February 28, 2019

Not team specific

48. John Konchar (Purdue-Fort Wayne, SG, Senior)

Averaging 19.6 points, 8.3 rebounds and 5.5 assists, Konchar could be a second-round draw for his versatility working as a pick-and-roll ball-handler and spot-up shooter. He's improved as a finisher around the basket since last year (58.5 percent to 66.2 percent), a noteworthy development given his lack of explosion.
    29. Nassir Little (North Carolina, SF/PF, Freshman)

Little has played promising stretches lately, but none impressive or long enough to upgrade his overall evaluation. His physical profile is tremendous when you consider his strength, length and athleticism. And even without skill, he's been a threat to face up against 4s and score at the rim. Little's limited creation and feel for the game are problematic, however. Potential and room to improve still exist, but betting on it means betting on a major transformation.
    18. Romeo Langford (Indiana, SG, Freshman)

Langford's 22 points and game-winner against Wisconsin on Tuesday represented the highlight of his season. He carried the Hoosiers (5-12 Big Ten play) to a win, working as the clear top option. For a 6'6" guard, he's consistently slashing through defenses, ranking in the 95th percentile in ball-screen drives to the basket and the 90th percentile on isolation drives. His shooting (27.3 percent from three) and mechanics remain the largest concern, particularly given his limited playmaking. Langford's casual approach and shaky defensive concentration are also reasons to question whether he can develop into anything more than a mid-level starter.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TheBigLead: 2019 NBA Mock Draft Version 1.0: Zion Williamson Still No. 1? Cam Reddish Slipping?
    By: Vik Chokshi | 2 hours ago [AKA 28 February 2019]
    Coby White is going to get stripped like the carcass of a Thanksgiving turkey, against NBA defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats NOT what killed Orlando. Dennis Scott botching 4 free throws to end a series is what doomed that franchise. Orlando should have won a couple of les at least.
    Nick Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so who is best on the austin team to be promoted to spurs main roster?

then u remove the vets, replace through draft...still playoff team?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense: Walker, Eubanks
    Defense: Ben Moore, Huestis
    Both: Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Business Insider:
    The top 30 prospects in the 2019 NBA Draft
    Scott Davis
    4m [AKA 1 March 2019]

Not team specific

18. Jontay Porter, F
    18. Jontay Porter, F Andy Lyons/Getty Images

School: Mizzou

One thing to know: From Vecenie: "Porter is out with a torn ACL suffered in the preseason, but his stock hasn't really taken a hit among NBA executives. He's still seen as an extremely interesting offensive prospect with a terrific feel for the game."
    29. Eric Paschall, F
    29. Eric Paschall, F Andy Lyons/Getty Images

School: Villanova

One thing to know: From Boone: "He's developed a trustworthy shot at Villanova, shooting 37.4 percent from 3-point range this season, and he's a big body who wields it well to carve out space for rebounds."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nj.com: NBA Mock Draft 2019: Who goes No. 2 to Knicks behind Duke's Zion Williamson? Ja Morant, R.J. Barrett or Cameron Reddish?
    By Zack Rosenblatt | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com | Posted February 28, 2019 at 07:18 AM | Updated February 28, 2019 at 07:22 AM

29. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): PG Jaylen Nowell, Washington

Nowell is having a stellar season for the Huskies and while the Spurs have a couple of talented guards, Dejounte Murray is coming off a serious injury and it can't hurt to invest in point guards.
    19. San Antonio Spurs: PF P.J. Washington, Kentucky

Washington has all the physical tools to be a standout defensive player and rebounder in the NBA, and he's developed into a solid outside shooter in his second Kentucky season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a couple of names popping up multiple times: PJ Washington, Jontay Porter, and Coby White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a couple of names popping up multiple times: PJ Washington, Jontay Porter, and Coby White
    I wouldn't want any of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to getting an updated look at Washington wing defender Matisse Thybule. Elite physical tools with tremendous defensive instincts. The 6-6, 21-year-old is averaging 3.4 STL and 2.3 BLK per game in 30.3 MIN.

That's an excellent post. Thybulle has to be a serious contender for the Spurs to draft. He moves the needle on defense without question, IMO. I'm having a hard time seeing the Spurs picking a freshman or sop re prospect, other than the ones that won't fall far enough for them to get to. Thybulle has defensive skills to contribute in his rookie season. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear his name called.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an excellent post. Thybulle has to be a serious contender for the Spurs to draft. He moves the needle on defense without question, IMO. I'm having a hard time seeing the Spurs picking a freshman or sop re prospect, other than the ones that won't fall far enough for them to get to. Thybulle has defensive skills to contribute in his rookie season. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear his name called.
    Like Money Ball, there is an inefficiency in the NBA about not picking juniors and seniors in the draft.

This is despite the reality that the NBA game has become some complex that it takes a couple years to figure it out.

So what happens to these one and done players? They never get to learn fast enough and become free agents before they are any good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Money Ball, there is an inefficiency in the NBA about not picking juniors and seniors in the draft.

This is despite the reality that the NBA game has become some complex that it takes a couple years to figure it out.

So what happens to these one and done players? They never get to learn fast enough and become free agents before they are any good.

That's too perfect for me to try to add to. Exactly right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very well said!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if eubanks and huestis gets added to the roster next season

wouldnt it be good to use the 1st round picks on 1 big and 1 wing man? pick up a veteran pg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be ecstatic if we somehow land De’Andre Hunter!

At 6 feet and 7 inches tall and 225 pounds, he has the athleticism to guard multiple positions. Provided his jumper develops (and he has improved) and he can become a bit more dynamic scoring the ball (currently he plays off his guards), he has a chance to develop into a special player for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be ecstatic if we somehow land De’Andre Hunter!

At 6 feet and 7 inches tall and 225 pounds, he has the athleticism to guard multiple positions. Provided his jumper develops (and he has improved) and he can become a bit more dynamic scoring the ball (currently he plays off his guards), he has a chance to develop into a special player for the Spurs.

I mentioned it above - Hunter is who I would love to see the Spurs draft. I think his stock has already risen too much for that, but you never know. There are always a few that rise, and there are only so many slots at the top. I think he may be the best realistic possibility with the Spurs' first pick, even if they had to bundle both first rounders to take him.
    UVA has a game against Syracuse on Monday night. It would be a good opportunity to watch him play, if you haven't already.

Gimme Hunter with the Spurs' pick, Max Strus with the Raptor's pick, and Thybulle with the Spurs' second round pick, and I'll be feeling optimistic again - or at least getting there. (Strus just put a 43 point hurt on St. John's.)

I talked about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned it above - Hunter is who I would love to see the Spurs draft. I think his stock has already risen too much for that, but you never know. There are always a few that rise, and there are only so many slots at the top. I think he may be the best realistic possibility with the Spurs' first pick, even if they had to bundle both first rounders to take him.
    UVA has a game against Syracuse on Monday night. It would be a good opportunity to watch him play, if you haven't already.

Gimme Hunter with the Spurs' pick, Max Strus with the Raptor's pick, and Thybulle with the Spurs' second round pick, and I'll be feeling optimistic again - or at least getting there. (Strus just put a 43 point hurt on St. John's.)

I talked about
    He might be a top 10 pick, in which case it would be harder to get. Regardless, let's bundle our draft picks, add someone like Bryn or Davis to get him. With DJ back, and hopefully Lonnie developed, we have a nice young core; DJ, Derrick, Lonnie, Hunter, and Poeltl, to go with our vets; DeMar, LA, Rudy, Marco and Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if eubanks and huestis gets added to the roster next season

wouldnt it be good to use the 1st round picks on 1 big and 1 wing man? pick up a veteran pg?

They won't have anything to spend other than the MLE. Name a PG that you think they can afford, and you'll have people here screaming. I think the Spurs will try to run with White/Murray, even though I don't think Murray is cut out to run the point. I'm not mentioning Patty - someone else will have to do that.

They are going to have Poeltl in the middle, and since the Wizards got Portis I think the Spurs might be able to get Thomas Bryant as a second big. He's not exciting, but I think he's pretty solid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be a top 10 pick, in which case it would be harder to get. Regardless, let's bundle our draft picks, add someone like Bryn or Davis to get him. With DJ back, and hopefully Lonnie developed, we have a nice young core; DJ, Derrick, Lonnie, Hunter, and Poeltl, to go with our vets; DeMar, LA, Rudy, Marco and Patty.

There's no way for the Spurs to trade up as high as 10, I don't think. I'm not just being argumentative, I don't think they can trade up that high from 19 - which is probably where their pick will be. (Give or take 1 slot.) If he falls to around 14, they might have a shot, but honestly I don't think the Spurs will make that move, so it's more of a pipe dream.

None of the three guys I talked about show as All Star upside. But all three would do well with the Spurs, for different reasons. If you haven't watched Max Strus play, you should have a look.

Thread Information