Page 1 of 88 123451151 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way things are looking the Spurs will get a top 13 pick this year. With Murray coming back and with LA and DD still under contract for two more seasons, do u trade this pick for a solid veteran to have a big 3 assuming the pick isnt a top 4 or do u try to find a player to develop and continue to roll with what we got hoping to tank again the following season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, pop is just gonna draft some slow ass Euro that can’t defend and won’t play for 2 more seasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would keep the pick and get the best big man available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ughh you mean best SF available right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point they need to rebuild. I can see the spurs winning just enough games to up their draft position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vets can be had in free agency. They need to draft people who can play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fck the lottery pick

pop and rc needs to fkn g o man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fck the lottery pick

pop and rc needs to fkn g o man

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would keep the pick and get the best big man available.
    We need a SF you dumb .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get a good draft pick this year they will not need to tank again next year. They still have a decent team, but many of them are new or young or have been injured. Use this year to give the young guys experience, get the highest draft pick you can and then make the necessary trades in the off season and the spurs will be back to being contenders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, pop is just gonna draft some slow ass Euro that can’t defend and won’t play for 2 more seasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get a good draft pick this year they will not need to tank again next year. They still have a decent team, but many of them are new or young or have been injured. Use this year to give the young guys experience, get the highest draft pick you can and then make the necessary trades in the off season and the spurs will be back to being contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a SF you dumb .
    We need much more than a SF...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a start but yeah we also need a PF and we need a whole new bench. But as they say the journey begins with the first step and the first step for us is the lottery/draft. This draft will easily get us three better talented more athletic players then we have now. That means we can let some of these scrubs with no talent go and our starting team is better and our bench is better.

The big question is who has value that we can trade for picks or players? For me everyone is on the block for the right deal and price.

1. Bertans instant offense terrible defensive and terrible rebounder - maybe late first or early second round pick or player.
    2. Forbes same as Bertans maybe a late second?
    3. Gasol to old have no idea on his value
    4. Mills not a bad for some team close who needs 3 ball and a good bench player.
    4. Cunningham no value
    5. Poindexter no value
    6. Nikola confract - hey Boston needs a big man they got 4 picks
    7. LMA - people give him crap but I think teams that are close to getting ring would love
    to get him. I can see Boston, Bucks, Flakers to name a few.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7. LMA - people give him crap but I think teams that are close to getting ring would love
    to get him. I can see Boston, Bucks, Flakers to name a few.
    Yep.
    He's still having enough good games that other teams can see what he could bring to their Champ chances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said already elsewhere - this is a mult-year process (2-3 years) - a "Journey" is totally the correct way to describe it. Anyone over 25 years old should not be retained long term (after 2020).

This team does not have a SF. This team has some potentially nice combo guards and shooting guards. Murray might be something but we won't see him until next year. Point guard? I'm not sure.

This is going to be a long, possibly painful process.

FWIW, the Spurs WITH Nephew have been a long shot to win the le without Duncan holding down the defensive fort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever position we draft in, there is one main focus that we should have. DEFENSE, DEFENSE and say it with me DEFENSE.

I feel better about a proven defender in college who struggles to shoot than a player who can be lights out shooting but has limited D.

Kawhi was not a great shooter going into the draft but we got him for his D. and he developed into a great scorer. So i'd rather go that rout again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No no no tired of one dimensional players we need to get a two way player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a SF you dumb .
    We do have 2 first round picks.........and watch the name-calling!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any news on Huestis?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still recovering from surgery of broken foot it’s a long tricky healing processes since very little blood flow in area were broke occurred hence the need for surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is a mult-year process (2-3 years)
    It doesn't have to be. Just make the tough choices and release Mills, Forbes and Cunningham. Then sign some placeholders this year and fill in with LW, Murray, another good SF or two, change up the lineups to something realistic and we're back in contention.

:

edit: also retire Pau already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doumbouya or Little, please!

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draftnet 1/16/19
    Spurs
    #19 Jontay Porter
    #30 Chuma Okeke
    #49 Darius Bazley

ESPN Kevin Flaherty 21 hours ago, aka 16 January 2019
    20. San Antonio Spurs — Luguentz Dort, SG, Arizona State
    The No. 5 shooting guard and No. 30 overall player in the 247Sports Composite, Dort has excelled as a freshman with 17.1 points per game, though his outside shot has come and gone. At 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, Dort already has an NBA body.
    29. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto) — Admiral Schofield, SF/PF, Tennessee
    At 6-6 and 241 pounds, Schofield is a fun player to try and project to the next level. He’s shooting 47.3 percent from behind the arc, averaging 17.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game, and he’s taken over some big games in key spots for this year’s Volunteers.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: Jonathan Wasserman, 2019 NBA Draft Big Board: RJ Barrett Is Still Zion Williamson's Biggest Threat (January 15, 2019)
    Not team specific.
    20. Rui Hachimura (Gonzaga, PF, Junior)

We're still relatively hesitant on Hachimura, due to concerns over his shooting (0.7 threes per 40), passing (36 turnovers, 30 assists) and defense (1.0 block per 40). But he's obviously taken a notable step forward in averaging 20.8 points.

Hachimura is shooting above 60.0 percent inside the arc for the third consecutive season, ranking in the 83rd percentile in transition, 84th percentile on post-ups and 85th percentile on cuts. And though the three-ball isn't a big part of his game, he's shooting 46.7 percent on spot-up, non-dribble jumpers and 61.5 percent on pull-ups after the catch.

He has the chance to create mismatches against NBA 4s with his face-up quickness. Hachimura just has to show more defensive effort and improved range on his jumper to maximize his fit and potential.
    29. Shamorie Ponds (St. John's, PG, Junior)

Ponds has answered the call from scouts by improving his three-point shooting (40.0 percent) and floor game (6.0 assists to 2.1 turnovers). He's still a scorer first, and at 6'1", 175 pounds, it's worth questioning his fit and upside. But Ponds returned to St. John's as a more complete, efficient guard. And it's now easier to buy into his chances of carving out a spark role off an NBA bench.
    49. Jaylen Hoard (Wake Forest, SF/PF, Freshman)

Scoring versatility should keep interest in Hoard alive, being a 6'8" forward who can face up or work from the post. But at this stage, only the idea of NBA Hoard is attractive. He's shot just 5-of-26 from three, ranking in the 13th percentile out of spot-ups and 48th percentile in half-court offense.

Thread Information