Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NESN: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: First-Round Predictions After Trade Deadline
    by Joshua Schrock on Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 7:30AM

19. San Antonio Spurs — PJ Washington, F, Kentucky
    Washington would be a good bet to take Dante Cunningham’s minutes and can develop into a solid player if his 3-point shot continues to develop.
    28. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto Raptors) — Talen Horton-Tucker, G/F, Iowa State
    Once you hit the late stages of the first round, teams are drafting on talent and potential and Horton-Tucker is full of that. The 6-foot-4, 238-pound freshman has shown a unique offensive skill set, showing the ability to attack off the dribble, make pull-up jumpers and be effective in transition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch out for the Spurs to draft Euro, Goga Bitadze. I've had that feeling for quite some time now, if he'll be available with our pick tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch out for the Spurs to draft Euro, Goga Bitadze. I've had that feeling for quite some time now, if he'll be available with our pick tho.
    Ssshhhhhuuusssshhhhh, I’m tired of the person we want in the draft, is always selected by the team picking in front of us. In current situation we need all the good breaks we can get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not saw him until this year and he looks pretty good, athletic, can shoot, block shots ..... i don't think i will be there with the raptors pick but he is a nice option.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ssshhhhhuuusssshhhhh, I’m tired of the person we want in the draft, is always selected by the team picking in front of us. In current situation we need all the good breaks we can get.
    I've been sick of it since Nic Batum was stolen from us in 2008.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaxson Hayes has a higher upside as a big man. Also, the Spurs already have Poeltl who is quite similar to Bitadze.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaxson Hayes has a higher upside as a big man. Also, the Spurs already have Poeltl who is quite similar to Bitadze.
    Bitadze can shoot though, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitadze can shoot though, right?
    He gets a 7 (out of 10) for shooting from NBADraft.net. That's okay but not great.

For example, his highest rating is a 9 for rebounding.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets a 7 (out of 10) for shooting from NBADraft.net. That's okay but not great.

For example, his highest rating is a 9 for rebounding.
    From the highlights he seems a better shooter than our man Poe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitadze can shoot, indeed. He's not like Poeltl. Milutinov's game is much closer comparison to Poeltl's.

I don't think the Spurs would bring two more rookies next season, so a trade or draft and stash is very possible, but I'm not sure Bitadze makes that much sense, unless they have completely given up on being able to bring Milutinov over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the highlights he seems a better shooter than our man Poe.
    That could be (although highlights usually make shooters look good, i.e., they only show makes).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be (although highlights usually make shooters look good, i.e., they only show makes).
    The stroke looks decent. Poeltl does not even shoot the ball, let alone making them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitadze can shoot, indeed. He's not like Poeltl. Milutinov's game is much closer comparison to Poeltl's.

I don't think the Spurs would bring two more rookies next season, so a trade or draft and stash is very possible, but I'm not sure Bitadze makes that much sense, unless they have completely given up on being able to bring Milutinov over.
    +1

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Spurs Big Board so far for the first pick:

1. Kevin Porter Jr.
    2. Rui Hachimura
    3. Jontay Porter
    4. Sekou Doumbouya
    5. Bol Bol

Here was my big board last year this time

1. Lonnie Walker
    2. Mitc Robinson
    3. Anfernee Simons

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs do their best to buy Milutinov out this offseason and bring him over. I think he's interested, but it depends on who you talk to.

But I also think that one of the Spurs young guys has to be sacrificed as part of a trade (to get rid of a contract). That's one reason I think they will look at Strus, because he's mature enough and steady enough to get minutes his first year.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Spurs Big Board so far for the first pick:

1. Kevin Porter Jr.
    2. Rui Hachimura
    3. Jontay Porter
    4. Sekou Doumbouya
    5. Bol Bol

Here was my big board last year this time

1. Lonnie Walker
    2. Mitc Robinson
    3. Anfernee Simons
    Why is Jontay Porter so high up on your list? His knee is mashed potatoes at this point. He wasn't impressive either imo

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Jontay Porter so high up on your list? His knee is mashed potatoes at this point. He wasn't impressive either imo
    I remember the Spurs were after him last year. He's just a Spurs type payer. His advanced stats (especially defense) are great, and he's just as good as his brother Kevin. LA and Rudy are getting older. He's muti-positional. Athletes nowadays come back from an ACL injuries faster and stronger. I might put him ahead of Rui because he has some Jokic in him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My board would look something like this (in no order)
    1. PJ Washington
    2. Bol Bol
    3. Kevin Porter
    4. Talen Horton-tucker
    5. Louis King
    6. KZ Okpala
    7. Goga Bitadze
    8. Ashton Hagans
    9. Matisse Thybulle
    10. Jontay Porter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not saw him until this year and he looks pretty good, athletic, can shoot, block shots ..... i don't think i will be there with the raptors pick but he is a nice option.
    He won't be there for the raptors pick, but I have doubts he will be there even with our own pick.. he is climbing in mock drafts faster since he started playing in euroleague.

They are not quite similar whatsoever, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't be there for the raptors pick, but I have doubts he will be there even with our own pick.. he is climbing in mock drafts faster since he started playing in euroleague.

They are not quite similar whatsoever, tbh.
    I agree that’s What i said, he can be There with our pick maybe.

Inside i really like him and bassey. Hayes is more of a project right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y’a
    My board would look something like this (in no order)
    1. PJ Washington
    2. Bol Bol
    3. Kevin Porter
    4. Talen Horton-tucker
    5. Louis King
    6. KZ Okpala
    7. Goga Bitadze
    8. Ashton Hagans
    9. Matisse Thybulle
    10. Jontay Porter
    Okpala looks really good, Athletic wing with a lot of upside.

Thybulle is intriguing, a really good defender but he is more a 2nd round or late first imo.

Kevin porter is falling, i’m not a big fan right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: The dust clears from the NBA trade deadline
    by Brendon Kleen 10 hours ago [AKA 14 February 2019]

Daniel Gafford
    C, Arkansas
    Arkansas

This pick comes to San Antonio by way of the Kawhi Leonard trade — drafting Gafford would give them an athletic, defensive rim-reaper to pair with the Spurs versatile guard rotation, breaking out this year in a big way.
    Talen Horton-Tucker
    F, Iowa State
    Iowa State

It’s just not right for the Spurs not to have a player like Kyle Anderson around. In Horton-Tucker, San Antonio would find the heir to that throne — someone who is smart, versatile and can knock down shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GamblingSites.com: Pre-March Madness 2019 NBA Draft Mock – Predictions for Zion Williamson and the Top NCAA Prospects
    By Noah Davis
    Published on February 14, 2019

San Antonio Spurs – Tre Jones, PG, Duke

The Spurs could easily stand pat at the point guard position with Dejounte Murray (knee) set to return next year. They also have Derrick White, Patty Mills, and Bryn Forbes to work with, but depth doesn’t equate to a star.

I think they could get that in Tre Jones, who ultimately may be why you should bet on Duke to win it all during March Madness this year.
    Jones is overshadowed by his three fellow NBA-bound teammates, but I actually love his talent.

Tre hasn’t really been given an opportunity to showcase what he can do offensively, but he’s a terrific ball handler with lead guard chops (5.6 assists per game) and a very fluid game. He’s also an extremely disruptive defender, giving whoever drafts him a fantastic two-way presence.

In time, Jones will evolve as a scorer and may end up being one of the biggest 2019 NBA Draft steals when it’s all said and done. San Antonio has always been big about landing diamonds in the rough, and Jones is at a position of arguable need. It’s a perfect marriage in my eyes.
    San Antonio Spurs (from Raptors) – Goga Bitadze, C, Republic of Georgia

The Spurs strike again, this time returning to their old ways and plucking an elite NBA Draft prospect from overseas. Bitadze should honestly go much higher based on upside alone, as he has fantastic size and is incredibly skilled.

Nobody will confuse Bitadze with a seasoned veteran just yet, but he has immense shot-blocking upside and can really work the post as a scorer. The comparison to Nikola Jokic might be a bit much, but the mere thought of that being possible should have the Spurs and really everyone else in round one salivating.

San Antonio doesn’t have much to get excited about down low these days. Pau Gasol is ancient, and Jakob Poeltl isn’t a superstar in the making. Bitadze is a risk-free stab at a generational big man, and he’ll have time to develop with LaMarcus Aldridge still leading the charge for the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: The dust clears from the NBA trade deadline
    by Brendon Kleen 10 hours ago [AKA 14 February 2019]
    Gafford is one of the players on my list, so I would be happy with this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y’a

Okpala looks really good, Athletic wing with a lot of upside.

Thybulle is intriguing, a really good defender but he is more a 2nd round or late first imo.

Kevin porter is falling, i’m not a big fan right now.
    I feel like Thybulle stock will go up after pre draft workouts. His steal and block rate for his size is insane. And he can hit the three ball. I wouldn’t mind taking him with the second first round pick.
    I like porter, he reminds me somewhat of Oubre, raw and young. If he falls to us I would snatch him up right away.

Thread Information