Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way for Trump to lose this. He will just hold the state of the union somewhere else and Pelosi will look petty.
    this username would be a perfect alt for koriwhat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    children tbh

its disgraceful all around
    +1

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what everyone thought when they wrote him off in 2015 and 2016 too.
    Agreed. I think Trump losing this standoff would damage him a lot more than anything stupid he’d say during a state of the union address.

What damage do you think Trump is going to see if he loses? Do you think his base is going to turn on him? Of course not, they'll blame Democrats for their stubbornness and praise him for compromising (while theorizing that he always intended it this way because it's part of his larger plan down the road.) Meanwhile, he gains points with moderate conservatives who don't give a about the wall, because he gets to be the "adult in the room" who crossed the aisle and got the government back to work.

Pettiness from the Democrats impresses a smaller percentage of their base than the percent of Trump's base impressed by his. Worse, it gives reluctant Trump voters more ammo to insist that, for all of his faults, Democrats are worse.

This isn't 2016. Trump has proven he can win an election, so people take his chances seriously. They won't stay home thinking he can't possibly win. He's also maximized his awareness, so there's not a new audience out there to be drawn in by his speech. He has nothing to gain with a SOTU speech.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What damage do you think Trump is going to see if he loses? Do you think his base is going to turn on him? Of course not, they'll blame Democrats for their stubbornness and praise him for compromising (while theorizing that he always intended it this way because it's part of his larger plan down the road.) Meanwhile, he gains points with moderate conservatives who don't give a about the wall, because he gets to be the "adult in the room" who crossed the aisle and got the government back to work.

Pettiness from the Democrats impresses a smaller percentage of their base than the percent of Trump's base impressed by his. Worse, it gives reluctant Trump voters more ammo to insist that, for all of his faults, Democrats are worse.

This isn't 2016. Trump has proven he can win an election, so people take his chances seriously. They won't stay home thinking he can't possibly win. He's also maximized his awareness, so there's not a new audience out there to be drawn in by his speech. He has nothing to gain with a SOTU speech.
    I don’t think any of his supporters would flip Democrat if this happens, but if he can’t get funding for the wall and the Coulters of the world crucify him for it, I think some of his supporters on the crazier side either won’t vote at all in 2020 or they’ll vote 3rd party.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^ this ^

is called "normalizing" this presidency.

You are assuming - like the rest of the country and especially the media -
    that this is a legitimate presidency.

It is not.

This is a fraudulent presidency obtained by illegal means which will be proven to be a theft of this office by this fraud criminal administration in cahoots with an enemy foreign government.

Pettiness?

No. It is called holding this criminal accountable and it is time to say - " his tiny shrinking base of racist supporters."

Democrats better fight him on EVERY issue. This past election is where the country is now. Even with blatant cheating and gerrymandering - the usa said - you trump and you GOP -

You are right - this is not 2016 - and the only way Trump can win anything is illegally - and he is under investigation by multiple agencies - so he can try it and he will because he is a criminal. He will be prosecuted and his angry shrinking base can go itself and find another country to destroy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think any of his supporters would flip Democrat if this happens, but if he can’t get funding for the wall and the Coulters of the world crucify him for it, I think some of his supporters on the crazier side either won’t vote at all in 2020 or they’ll vote 3rd party.
    Wishful thinking. The crazier ones will just blame the Devil Democrats.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats better fight him on EVERY issue. This past election is where the country is now. Even with blatant cheating and gerrymandering - the usa said - you trump and you GOP -
    I agree. After eight years of McConnell obstructing everything Obama and the Democrats tried to do the GOP doesn't now get to have a functioning government when it's their guy signing bills.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is where I currently stand

If for example Trump were to lose the Republican nomination. It then would depend heavily on whom the Democrats are nominating. I might sit the election out OR still vote conservative

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    ^ this ^

is called "normalizing" this presidency.

You are assuming - like the rest of the country and especially the media -
    that this is a legitimate presidency.

It is not.

This is a fraudulent presidency obtained by illegal means which will be proven to be a theft of this office by this fraud criminal administration in cahoots with an enemy foreign government.

Pettiness?

No. It is called holding this criminal accountable and it is time to say - " his tiny shrinking base of racist supporters."

You are right - this is not 2016 - and the only way Trump can win anything is illegally - and he is under investigation by multiple agencies - so he can try it and he will because he is a criminal. He will be prosecuted and his angry shrinking base can go itself and find another country to destroy.
    ^ This definitely inspires me to vote red ticket

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Her 72-year old pimp hand is STRONG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Nancy telling our Dear Leader to suck her

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cucked by a great-great grandma!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Big L for Pelosi. Not wanting the President to speak to the country during a Government Shutdown sure makes a whole lotta sense.

Fortunately we have Trump's Twitter account to receive updates?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think it was a bad move by Pelosi regarding the State of the Union. From what I've seen, the more Trump is allowed to speak, the worse he comes across. The State of the Union would have provided Dems with a ton of ammunition for the next few days.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cucked by a great-great grandma!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL Nancy telling our Dear Leader to suck her

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Personally, I think it was a bad move by Pelosi regarding the State of the Union. From what I've seen, the more Trump is allowed to speak, the worse he comes across. The State of the Union would have provided Dems with a ton of ammunition for the next few days.
    Wrong. He gotta be authorized by the Speaker of the House to, you know, speak in the House. Access denied!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Wrong. He gotta be authorized by the Speaker of the House to, you know, speak in the House. Access denied!
    The American people elected Trump. There is a shutdown. The people want to know what is occurring. Pelosi is nothing more than an appointed representative.

Unless you have a link to the American people appointing Pelosi, she is overstepping her little hand picked role.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The American people elected Trump. There is a shutdown. The people want to know what is occurring. Pelosi is nothing more than an appointed representative.
    The American people voted for Trump in 2016 and then voted in a big way to restrict his ability to make law in 2018.

His fault that he had 2 years to fund his stupid ing wall and chose not to.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The American people voted for Trump in 2016 and then voted in a big way to restrict his ability to make law in 2018.

His fault that he had 2 years to fund his stupid ing wall and chose not to.
    So people didn't vote for Democrats to lead with new ideas just to restrict.

Sounds about right.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So people didn't vote for Democrats to lead with new ideas just to restrict.

Sounds about right.
    They voted for both, either way Trump for whatever reason had 2 years to get funding for his wall but decided giving rich people like him who benefit from usage of illegal labor a tax cut was more important.

Jokes on you for thinking Trump actually gives a about this dumbass wall.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    They voted for both, either way Trump for whatever reason had 2 years to get funding for his wall but decided giving rich people like him who benefit from usage of illegal labor a tax cut was more important.

Jokes on you for thinking Trump actually gives a about this dumbass wall.
    I am familiar with the political game but for the record I really disliked the Tea Party movement and I'm seeing similarities

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I am familiar with the political game but for the record I really disliked the Tea Party movement and I'm seeing similarities
    What political game? He campaigned on building a wall being his top priority, he had 2 years with complete Republican control to get it done and he made giving tax breaks to rich people a higher priority. Those are the facts.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What political game? He campaigned on building a wall being his top priority, he had 2 years with complete Republican control to get it done and he made giving tax breaks to rich people a higher priority. Those are the facts.
    Individuals aren't against the wall for financial reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny watching the right blame the Democrats when Trump, McConnell, and Ryan could have funded the entire wall without a single Democrat vote through reconciliation in the lame duck session before Pelosi took over the House. There is no wall because Trump and the Republicans didn't want one.

Thread Information