Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The American people elected Trump. There is a shutdown. The people want to know what is occurring. Pelosi is nothing more than an appointed representative.

Unless you have a link to the American people appointing Pelosi, she is overstepping her little hand picked role.
    The President can hold a presser anytime he wants to address the American people.

For 100 years, state of the union was submitted in writing to the House. It's no big deal.

Trump and his supporters are throwing a tantrum (Mark Levin called Pelosi a fascist 18 times today) because his TV time has been postponed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny watching the right blame the Democrats when Trump, McConnell, and Ryan could have funded the entire wall without a single Democrat vote through reconciliation in the lame duck session before Pelosi took over the House. There is no wall because Trump and the Republicans didn't want one.
    there was no budget... cant cant reconciliation without a budget first

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The American people elected Trump. There is a shutdown. The people want to know what is occurring. Pelosi is nothing more than an appointed representative.

Unless you have a link to the American people appointing Pelosi, she is overstepping her little hand picked role.
    Look whitey, Trump is an "elected" public servant too. Difference? Democratic Congressmen and Congresswomen voted for Pelosi. Russians and American traitors voted for Trump.

Fact: Trump and Pence are going down. Then President Pelosi will take over.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where are the PESOS?

Trump said Mexico was paying for this wall. Trump shut down the gov't to force the American taxpayer to bail him out.

President Pelosi told that little to stfu and write down his speech. Case closed.

The "state of the union" is = ED because an illegitimate president has ed up the gov't and has shut it down to try and slow down the investigations into his crimes.

There is your state of the union.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Where are the PESOS?

Trump said Mexico was paying for this wall. Trump shut down the gov't to force the American taxpayer to bail him out.

President Pelosi told that little to stfu and write down his speech. Case closed.

The "state of the union" is = ED because an illegitimate president has ed up the gov't and has shut it down to try and slow down the investigations into his crimes.

There is your state of the union.
    So this is all about the Russians?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is all about the Russians?
    Yes it is since Trump is owned by Russia, was installed by Russia and works for Russia.

Russia is very happy that our gov't is shut down, our country is divided, a civil war is coming and NATO is undermined and weakened. Putin's oligarchs who just got hundreds of millions of dollars of relief by Trump taking away the imposed sanctions are thrilled.

Russia is thrilled that 33% of our country prefers Russian rule over a Democrat.

Where have you been and why aren't you paying attention?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yes it is since Trump is owned by Russia, was installed by Russia and works for Russia.

Russia is very happy that our gov't is shut down, our country is divided, a civil war is coming and NATO is undermined and weakened. Putin's oligarchs who just got hundreds of millions of dollars of relief by Trump taking away the imposed sanctions are thrilled.

Russia is thrilled that 33% of our country prefers Russian rule over a Democrat.

Where have you been and why aren't you paying attention?
    America has always been divided and on the cusp of civil war

Your opinion stems from the foundation that Russia bad and NATO good. One with the opposite viewpoint (on Russia and NATO) would be happy by what is occurring. We are not at War with Russia nor are we even engaged in cold warfare. Personally I am more troubled by Saudi Arabia and Israel

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was no budget... cant cant reconciliation without a budget first
    They couldn't have done a budget including the nazi wall funding through reconciliation though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They couldn't have done a budget including the nazi wall funding through reconciliation though?
    the Senate can change its rules to get rid of the filibuster, the so-called "nuclear option."

is that what you mean?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...tion-explained

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Senate can change its rules to get rid of the filibuster, the so-called "nuclear option."

is that what you mean?
    I'm talking about reconciliation which can be used once per fiscal year to pass a bill on spending, taxing, or the debt ceiling out of the senate with 50+1 votes, like was used for Trump's tax bill (and for Bush's). Since the fiscal year starts in October I believe, the GOP got a crack at a new reconciliation bill they could have passed before Pelosi and the new congress took power earlier this month. They probably should have, because there is little point to having a reconciliation bill since anything has to go through Pelosi now. We don't have a border wall because Trump, Ryan, McConnell, and the GOP didn't want one. This shutdown is basically about Do 's stupid campaign slogan from 2016. If the Democrats cave now I can't wait until a few months from now when Trump shuts the government down again citing the Democrats' refusal to "lock her up."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about reconciliation which can be used once per fiscal year to pass a bill on spending, taxing, or the debt ceiling out of the senate with 50+1 votes, like was used for Trump's tax bill (and for Bush's). Since the fiscal year starts in October I believe, the GOP got a crack at a new reconciliation bill they could have passed before Pelosi and the new congress took power earlier this month.
    I follow you and agree. THe diffidence of Republicans to enact the President's priorities has been striking. I misunderstood what you meant.

My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I follow you and agree. THe diffidence of Republicans to enact the President's priorities has been striking. I misunderstood what you meant.

My bad.
    Almost everything the administration accomplished is McConnell's work. From stacking the courts with right wingers to stealing Garland's seat on the Supreme Court, that was all Cocaine Mitch. The only big thing you can really credit to Trump was his advice to Judge RapeK for the testimony that got the GOP senate behind him.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dear Mrs.Pelosi,

GET BACK TO WORK

Sincerely, Bumifornia resident

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about reconciliation which can be used once per fiscal year to pass a bill on spending, taxing, or the debt ceiling out of the senate with 50+1 votes, like was used for Trump's tax bill (and for Bush's). Since the fiscal year starts in October I believe, the GOP got a crack at a new reconciliation bill they could have passed before Pelosi and the new congress took power earlier this month. They probably should have, because there is little point to having a reconciliation bill since anything has to go through Pelosi now. We don't have a border wall because Trump, Ryan, McConnell, and the GOP didn't want one. This shutdown is basically about Do 's stupid campaign slogan from 2016. If the Democrats cave now I can't wait until a few months from now when Trump shuts the government down again citing the Democrats' refusal to "lock her up."
    budget reconciliation contemplates an existing budget. the new fiscal year started in october but there was no working budget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    budget reconciliation contemplates an existing budget. the new fiscal year started in october but there was no working budget.
    And that's on Trump, Ryan, McConnell, and the rest of the GOP. They got things done quickly to get Trump's tax bill through in December 2017. They could have done it again for the border wall if it really was the priority they're claiming it is now.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

"Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, chatted with Curry after the game for a couple of moments before getting a selfie with the two-time MVP"

Nancy would be one of those Islam ass kissers in Europe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, chatted with Curry after the game for a couple of moments before getting a selfie with the two-time MVP"

Nancy would be one of those Islam ass kissers in Europe
    shook Pole

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'm a dual citizen. I have a life vest off the developing ghetto boat (Democrats wet dream)

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm a dual citizen. I have a life vest off the developing ghetto boat (Democrats wet dream)
    Just go back to Poland. You're going to continue to be miserable here.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Just go back to Poland. You're going to continue to be miserable here.
    Ya, there are a few major reasons why I am. Most of all family. In our lifetime USA will remain the place to obtain wealth though. Maybe we will see a drastic improvement in airline technology and flight times slashed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure this is correct. IIRC, budget reconciliation requires to meet certain rules in a '10-year budget window'. IE: it's supposed not to increase the deficit in that window, and so what they normally do to get around that, is to make whatever spending sunset at the 10 year mark (which would take it off the books).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure this is correct. IIRC, budget reconciliation requires to meet certain rules in a '10-year budget window'. IE: it's supposed not to increase the deficit in that window, and so what they normally do to get around that, is to make whatever spending sunset at the 10 year mark (which would take it off the books).
    I made a whole thread about this with links and everything..

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277389

They 100% could have done it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    relevant data

They could have just done it with reconciliation im pretty sure:

"This leaves budget reconciliation as the only option to pass the $5.7 billion in border wall funding. Budget reconciliation, like the nuclear option, allows for a simple majority of 51 votes in the Senate to pass legislation, rather than the normally required 60 votes. However, unlike the nuclear option, it would not break precedent and would likely enable the border funding bill to pass."

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ciliation.html

hmmmm

hmmmm

Chris

Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made a whole thread about this with links and everything..

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277389

They 100% could have done it
    Plus they didn't have 60 votes for the Tax cut either, IIRC, that had to pass with the Byrd Rule for a simple majority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On December 19–20, 2017 the House and Senate passed a landmark tax reform bill, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, and President Trump signed it into law on December 22. Due to the Byrd rule the individual tax rate cuts and other reforms sunset in 2026. Corporate tax rate cuts and other reforms, such as switching the United States to the territorial system, were made permanent.

Thread Information