My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://streamable.com/n5sk1

This guy stopped us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a related note: I will genuinely love to see kawhi actually dominate a series again. He'll probably be hurt again, but he's got to produce if not. Here's stronger than anyone else in his position and should know how to pass out of doubles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Half right.

The Spurs built the 15-17 team as a direct way to compete against pace and threeballs. The team was all about limiting fastbreaks, killing teams in areas they're not accustomed to defending (Aldridge), Midrange and being set defensively in the halfcourt better than anyone in the league. It got them back to back 60 wins.

The issue is that Leonard is gone and to recreate the same team requires specific skillsets thats not as abundant in the NBA anymore.

They screwed up with the Gasol and Mills contract, but the philosophy itself is not without merrit.
    this would only make sense if kawhi made toronto worse...but theyre the best team in the NBA...my point is we could have built a good team around kawhi...but we decided to stick with a bunch of scrubs simply because kawhi was good enough to make us elite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Gasol what's missing...Spurs had a 6-3 record when he went down
    LMFAO! if gasol is our savior, we are in DEEP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 67 win team couldn't even beat the Thunder, who they were heavily favored to beat (I correctly stated at the time that it was a virtual coin flip and I was skeptical of the Spurs). Yeah, I know that Thunder team pushed and should have beaten the Warriors, but they matched up well with them. The Spurs didn't match up well with either, so if they couldn't beat the former, why would anyone have thought they could beat the latter?

Regular season record vs them is largely irrelevant. The Grizzlies have played them tough over the years too. Were they contenders?

Because they're a recent and prime example of a team winning lots of regular season games, with a strong point differential, but never really being contenders. Philosophically, I don't think the Spurs obstinance has merit because the margin for error was virtually non existent and they had inferior talent compared to other elites. Given the latter, they couldn't afford to be the former.

Since when were you on the front office's bandwagon? I thought they've been antiquated for years? Now, suddenly they're geniuses . . .
    coaching was the reason we lost to the thunder...they were KILLING us on the boards, and pop was stubburn and continued to play our undersized guys more minutes than they should have had...dude only pulled out boban in the dying quarter of elimination, and guess what? thunder couldnt grab offensive rebounds over him...THAT was the reason we lost...we were a better team, but Pop does that sometimes...the obvious moves he should make, he shuns...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coaching was the reason we lost to the thunder...they were KILLING us on the boards, and pop was stubburn and continued to play our undersized guys more minutes than they should have had...dude only pulled out boban in the dying quarter of elimination, and guess what? thunder couldnt grab offensive rebounds over him...THAT was the reason we lost...we were a better team, but Pop does that sometimes...the obvious moves he should make, he shuns...
    Normally bad takes, but this is correct. At least put in Boban since we goofed the previous offseason by signing West over a legit 7 footer. Sure, his defense is terrible but Kanter could be destroyed on the other end as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop did the same thing in '11 playoffs against the Grizzlies. He played Dice/Blair and they got killed by Z-Bo/Gasol on the inside. Only when they were close to elimination did he pull Splitter of the bench.

Thread Information