Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    Is Tulane a private or public school?

The thing I remember was he always talked about how Tulane was a school of culture vs. LSU was agriculture. Sounded a lot like Texas alum vs. Aggy alum.
    Tulane is a private school. It started out as a public school called the University of Louisiana, but then became private in the late 1800s. Was part of the SEC until the 1960s when they left after deemphazing athletics and slowly went downhill. Had a football rivalry with LSU until they stopped playing annually in the 90s.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tulane is a private school. It started out as a public school called the University of Louisiana, but then became private in the late 1800s. Was part of the SEC until the 1960s when they left after deemphazing athletics and slowly went downhill. Had a football rivalry with LSU until they stopped playing annually in the 90s.
    Those two moves completely changed that school forever. Imagine if they didn't leave the SEC and didn't stop playing LSU. they would likely be on the same level as Auburn and Bama.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    North Texas Mean Green
    Post Count
    ^ that's what you get when left wing progressiv s start completely and entirely running schools tbh

Thread Information