Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know what happened with Kawhi, Aldridge just performs better if he's the main guy. Hope he still continues his strong play even if most of the offense will now run through Demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope..He still have to contribute..

demar showing that he’s a good playmaker..he’ll get aldridge involve in offense..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, because DeAlpha isn't a ass re lacking any social charm or personal magnetism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, because DeAlpha isn't a ass re lacking any social charm or personal magnetism
    LMAO this is true

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan has an assist rate twice as high as Kawhi peaked with the Spurs. DDR keeps others involved while Kawhi goes into Kobe mode (albeit an efficient Kobe mode!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope..He still have to contribute..

demar showing that he’s a good playmaker..he’ll get aldridge involve in offense..
    really liking that he DD does not slow down the offense like what Kawhi is doing. You can see Kawhi in Toronto and he just slows down the pace if he has the ball while Derozan moves quickly and passes quickly to a team mate. Hope he does involve Aldridge more because that was somewhat of an issue too with LA and Lillard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really liking that he DD does not slow down the offense like what Kawhi is doing. You can see Kawhi in Toronto and he just slows down the pace if he has the ball while Derozan moves quickly and passes quickly to a team mate. Hope he does involve Aldridge more because that was somewhat of an issue too with LA and Lillard

I want to see more of aldrdge and derozan pick and pop..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Demar even opens up LMA’s game some more. He’s as a facilitator and demands double, triple team. They have good chemistry that never existed with Kawhi. Kawhi was an ISO player that affected LMA’s touches. So the answer is no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi never learned how to be a playmaker. He is an amzing iso-scorer, but the dude is averaging 2 assists per game. I have been very impressed with Demar and his passing ability. He really gets everyone involved and he is a major reason why Forbes isn't sucking. I expect both LMA and DDR to average 20 points a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree Derozan should make Lamarcus more comfortable

With Mute Cancer our offense was so ackward because hes a ballstopper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is still a 20/10 all star. He complements Derozan perfectly. He will get a ton of easy shots but he just needs to stick them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the most underrated aspects of DD's game is his low turnover. Take guys like Lebron, Westbrook,Harden, PG13. Those guys have about the same USG as DD but they turnover all the ball twice as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many raptors fans had projected DD's stats to be 20/4/4 with the Spurs and I predicted them to be around 27/5/5, and they laughed at me. DD is my favorite player and always will be until the very end. Go spurs GO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I didn't note it in last couple years, but LMA seems to hustling the boards more this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I didn't note it in last couple years, but LMA seems to hustling the boards more this year.
    Yep, LMA's RBs are finally back up to where they were in POR

https://www.basketball-reference.com...aldrila01.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also Murray is not playing, so that's more rebounds for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR will take pressure off him in offensive sets. They need to figure out the defense and how and where to get him shots. I wish LMA beasted every game. With so few good post defenders, he could be awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way yall sitting on Kawhi is silly... Implying that derozean makes this a better team than Kawhi did, even though with Kawhi we were destroying the west and killing the warriors... But I guess u guys rather be first round fodder, so long as our star wing has 3 more assists per game than Kawhi... We had great chemistry... We were 7th in assists... The only reason ppl said we didn't have chemistry is ONLY because LMA was pouting about his touches... Dude rather be on a mediocre team and be an all star than not be an all star and a championship contender... We are simply better with Kawhi, and no amount of fluff will change that... I bet you even Lowry won't take back DeMar and give up Kawhi at this point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His scoring average will go down for sure, but he will get the same star treatment from opposing teams (see how they doubled both him and then tried to double DeRozan on the same play at the end of the game last night). But he will also be fresher come money time (if that happens this year) since he won't have to do everything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, LMA had matured into a sustainable leader and groups leader. I feel that DD having so many touches now head more to do with 1 getting himself comfortable and 2 matchups.
    Once DD fully integrates to the offense LMA will also have his share.
    We have yet to see a game where LMA and DD have a great game playing together.
    I feel that it's the goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to run that DeRozan/Aldridge pick and roll like they did in the 4th quarter, where DeRozan drives to the basket, sucks in the other defender and kicks it back to LaMarcus for the open jumper. Run that like 3 times at the beginning of the game to get LA in rhythm. It's basically pick your poison for the opposing defense. Once Aldridge knocks down those jumpers, DeRozan should get to the rim with ease cause the secondary defender has to stay home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also expect Pop to come up with some sets out of DeRozan post ups, like when Beli was cutting to the basket and got a lay up. He should be able to draw up amazing sets from there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also expect Pop to come up with some sets out of DeRozan post ups, like when Beli was cutting to the basket and got a lay up. He should be able to draw up amazing sets from there
    That’s Kobe posting passing to open Derek (Forbes) on the dime or a cutting Belli. Demar needs to post it up some more because he can bullyball most guards with his size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s Kobe posting passing to open Derek (Forbes) on the dime or a cutting Belli. Demar needs to post it up some more because he can bullyball most guards with his size.
    well Pop probably know all those sets by heart, given how often they played the Lakers back then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well Pop probably know all those sets by heart, given how often they played the Lakers back then
    Pops a fan of Kobe’s game. I remember the story that he had Kawhi watching a lot of Kobe tapes to pattern his offense. Demar can benefit from the same, pacing tempos, finding mismatches and finding open teammates. Even better because Demar is a willing passer and will not force the issue.

Thread Information