My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this season I've noticed (as I'm assuming you all have) Aldridge is not nearly what he was last year. I'd argue he gets fed the ball just as much on offense but cannot hit any shots to save his life, except every 4 games when he shoots 50%+ from the floor.

I believe as a center he is shooting 44% from the floor last I checked, and has attempted very few threes (and hit none). He looks very lazy, has no vertical ability, doesn't hustle, stats are all down from last year (minus rebounds, which Gasol is not here to snag 5-6 per), and his defense has taken a real hit (we have lost our few good perimeter defenders).

I think it's time we trade him. While he still has value. And don't give me the "he doesn't have spacing" excuse because this is the best three point shooting team we've had in a while. He gets plenty of open mid range shots he NEVER hits anymore.

My ideal player to get would be John Collins and a late first / early second. We could take on a contract from ATL to make salaries work (I'm on my phone so not sure who it would be). Even trade the TOR pick if we have to, it won't be good anyways. Young and Aldridge would be cool, and I think Collins will be a great big in a few years (a better version / more talented Clint Capella). Much better defender, athlete, and could develop a nice face up game under Chip.

Thoughts? I think the reason we are so bad this year is because we are forcing Aldridge way too much. Tonight we saw Poeltl close the game and it went really well (the last 7 games from him have impressed me a lot, could develop into a JV type player if he bulks).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *waits for crowds response*

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why yet another thread? There’s 5 of these already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he got paid, now his cashing it in...

spurs need to trade him now b4 that extension kicks in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the is John Collins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this season I've noticed (as I'm assuming you all have) Aldridge is not nearly what he was last year. I'd argue he gets fed the ball just as much on offense but cannot hit any shots to save his life, except every 4 games when he shoots 50%+ from the floor.

I believe as a center he is shooting 44% from the floor last I checked, and has attempted very few threes (and hit none). He looks very lazy, has no vertical ability, doesn't hustle, stats are all down from last year (minus rebounds, which Gasol is not here to snag 5-6 per), and his defense has taken a real hit (we have lost our few good perimeter defenders).

I think it's time we trade him. While he still has value. And don't give me the "he doesn't have spacing" excuse because this is the best three point shooting team we've had in a while. He gets plenty of open mid range shots he NEVER hits anymore.

My ideal player to get would be John Collins and a late first / early second. We could take on a contract from ATL to make salaries work (I'm on my phone so not sure who it would be). Even trade the TOR pick if we have to, it won't be good anyways. Young and Aldridge would be cool, and I think Collins will be a great big in a few years (a better version / more talented Clint Capella). Much better defender, athlete, and could develop a nice face up game under Chip.

Thoughts? I think the reason we are so bad this year is because we are forcing Aldridge way too much. Tonight we saw Poeltl close the game and it went really well (the last 7 games from him have impressed me a lot, could develop into a JV type player if he bulks).
    Huh? You think he could make the Junior Varsity?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's a hot take. but there is another trade Lamarcus thread I believe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's time we trade him.
    You went on and on about how crappy he's playing. Why would another GM trade for a player in decline? The time to trade him would have been last season when he was playing at an all-star level. C'mon man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? You think he could make the Junior Varsity?
    Jonas Valucinas hombre

I don't think it's a hot take. but there is another trade Lamarcus thread I believe.
    i hadnt refreshed my spurs talk on my phone as I am in the airport. But i made a post similar to this thread on r/NBA earlier today and wanted to share here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge decline has more to do with fatigue. The Spurs are atrocious defending the perimeter so he's been running more and in general the pace is at an all time high and hes clearly struggling to keep up.

He should be able to comeback to form if they can find a way to slow the game down and improve defensively.

Its probably time to go back to a two big rotation. Cunningham has no business in the NBA. Pop doesnt trust White so this could be a lineup that can get him going

Forbes-Derozan-Gay-Aldridge-Jakob

Mills-Bertans-Metu-White-Cunningham-Belli.

I would limit Cunningham and Bellis minutes and give metu 10 minutes per game or if thats not an option, trade for a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's the Carmelo of Powerfowards. The game has passed him by

Thread Information