View Poll Results: What accounts most for lower attendance?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi Gone

10 20.00%
  • Silver Dancers Gone

11 22.00%
  • Pop's Politics

11 22.00%
  • Team Sucks

30 60.00%
  • Big Three Gone: Drop-Off Inevitable

29 58.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 18,373, the Spurs rank 12th in attendance. Though, they are down 630 attendees per game from last season, according to my (basic) research.

League Attendance (Link)

Spurs Attendance By Season (Link)

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poop’s hate speech against our president tbh

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think that would have some effect, honestly.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is true. A bunch of season ticket holders from last year said they would not be back as long as Pop was still here. It could have been worse. At least the Spurs are now worth $1.5 Billion. Not bad for a small market team.

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people triggered by pop were Walmart shopping republicans that ate themselves into a rascal scooter and wouldn’t have gone to games anyway. I stopped renewing once we signed Pau to 3/$48, which is about the same time autist quit on the team too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ty location, mediocre venue, bad basketball team. That’s pretty good.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump curse. Thanks pop.

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    98.9%

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 18,373, the Spurs rank 12th in attendance. Though, they are down 630 attendees per game from last season, according to my (basic) research.

League Attendance (Link)

Spurs Attendance By Season (Link)
    Statista link says 18,403 and This year average is 18,373. That's 30 people dumbass. Your basic math sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statista link says 18,403 and This year average is 18,373. That's 30 people dumbass. Your basic math sucks.
    Yes 30 sounds about right. I'm a season ticket holder and the place is packed. There are rarely any spare seats around me and the balcony looks packed as well.

The year Pop was most outspoken about Trump, 16/17, it was a welcome thing anyone dropping out, as it cost $100 just to wait for a season ticket package. Manu retiring and it being a new team have a much bigger effect than anything else on attendance...which isn't bad to begin with.

What has changed is it's not as easy to sell tickets, as in the past. That's to be expected because this team is a work in progress. So demand has dropped off and season ticket holders are like to drop off this coming year. I don't think the Spurs need to worry about much unless they start throwing games, as some on these pages have suggested is a great idea. It's a great idea if you don't actually "go to the games."

As for the 'Trump angle,' there is no one in the NBA, from every players & coach to the water boy, that supports him. I don't get why his supporters support a league that thinks they are dumber than a pile of lug nuts. Speaking of lug nuts, NASCAR is calling their names.

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes 30 sounds about right. I'm a season ticket holder and the place is packed. There are rarely any spare seats around me and the balcony looks packed as well.

The year Pop was most outspoken about Trump, 16/17, it was a welcome thing anyone dropping out, as it cost $100 just to wait for a season ticket package. Manu retiring and it being a new team have a much bigger effect than anything else on attendance...which isn't bad to begin with.

What has changed is it's not as easy to sell tickets, as in the past. That's to be expected because this team is a work in progress. So demand has dropped off and season ticket holders are like to drop off this coming year. I don't think the Spurs need to worry about much unless they start throwing games, as some on these pages have suggested is a great idea. It's a great idea if you don't actually "go to the games."

As for the 'Trump angle,' there is no one in the NBA, from every players & coach to the water boy, that supports him. I don't get why his supporters support a league that thinks they are dumber than a pile of lug nuts. Speaking of lug nuts, NASCAR is calling their names.
    OP is a perfect example of orange supporter that can barely do math.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not gonna change until Pop leaves. Its all just gone stale. His coaching shticks, his political rants, the player signings, etc. have gone tired. There is no juice as a collective in the fan base anymore.

It’s just time for a fresh start.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny thing is I had 30 and then my mind switched the top number to 19,000 plus on the recheck. Thirty people less though; this obviously still deserves seriously analysis; especially since the numbers are probably fudged anyhow.

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny thing is I had 30 and then my mind switched the top number to 19,000 plus on the recheck. Thirty people less though; this obviously still deserves seriously analysis; especially since the numbers are probably fudged anyhow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once Poop retires, ticket sale sshould go back up tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s no coincidence that the spurs have lost a lot of games since poop starting attacking our president tbqh. Karma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake news

Plenty support Trump in the NBA - the divorcing Holts even donated like half a $million to the orange birther, they just fly under the radar especially the infamous Celtics (IIRC the Haywards support him as well)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think that would have some effect, honestly.
    The entire state is red, except your major cities including SA.. I know for a fact a bunch of people nationwide got angry when Pop made those comments, but here in SA I don't think it's gonna move the needle much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the east side is ing horrible. counter that with the location of the american airlines arena in dalls, toyota center in houston....I fear for my life at stoplights near the AT&T center. forget about going to the corner stores around there.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire state is red, except your major cities including SA.. I know for a fact a bunch of people nationwide got angry when Pop made those comments, but here in SA I don't think it's gonna move the needle much
    Conservatives are largely anesthetized to corps and associated personalities ting on them. Whether it's a survival mechanism or apathy is debatable.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been worse.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the east side is ing horrible. counter that with the location of the american airlines arena in dalls, toyota center in houston....I fear for my life at stoplights near the AT&T center. forget about going to the corner stores around there.
    Huh. I’ve never been to San Antonio and felt worried for my safety in any part of town, save for a few rough corners. Going to the AT&T center is like going to Chuck E. Cheese compared to the FedEx Forum in Memphis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scary mf it ain't that bad.. There's a few black loiterers and winos walking around near the gas stations and stuff there but they ain't gonna do

Thread Information