My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What are the most realistic expectations to have given all things considered?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bubble, either 8th or 9th place in the West, meaning no decent lottery pick and no chance of progressing to the 2nd round (and no looks from free agents over the summer)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If no trades are made likely 10-12 in the west. Since the spurs won't full on tank a pick in the 10-15 range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sneak in the playoffs. win 1 game vs whoever we play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10th pick in the draft and to not Pick Willy Anderson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the most realistic expectations to have given all things considered?
    Right now is about developing young players. I am so happy to see White being our best perimeter defender and am even more happy with Poeltl! That kid can score and he doesn't need to have the ball in his hands of even run plays for him. And he is extremely effecient.

I truly hope Pop gives Lonnie some playing time and that he does well.

So, to me, my most realistic expectations are; develop White, Poeltl, and Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    develop a supporting cast for DDR
    increase LMA value to other GMS
    Develop 2way contract players
    barely miss playoffs
    luck our way into a lottery pick
    trade LMA for a 1st

rebuild around DDR with 3 first round picks (at least 1 in top 12)

Move Forward
    Agree. Probably very realistic right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team is one 3-and-D SF away from the 8th place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe they can be better than that, with some rearranging of minutes /reduction to some guys, the stars playing to their potential, healthy Rudy etc. This team has really underachieved, when you consider others that with less have overachieved. They can be better. I don't know if PATFO really wants to adjust minutes or do a deal but they could be better.

I believe..... (If Pop screws this up I am going tp be upset bc why not tank if you aren't willing to do what it takes to maximize what you have right now?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe they can be better than that, with some rearranging of minutes /reduction to some guys, the stars playing to their potential, healthy Rudy etc. This team has really underachieved, when you consider others that with less have overachieved. They can be better. I don't know if PATFO really wants to adjust minutes or do a deal but they could be better.

I believe..... (If Pop screws this up I am going tp be upset bc why not tank if you aren't willing to do what it takes to maximize what you have right now?)
    I'd say 5-8 seed. I wish he would play Lonnie Walker and bring up Ben Moore. They need to replace Cunningham. Even Metu was doing a decent job tonight basically playing Cunningham's minutes. He scores 4.7 points in 26 minutes per game. I believe Ben Moore can do more on the court than Dante. If they can get a legit starting 3-and-D SF in a trade they can be good. Agree that they have underachieved but the defense is still bad. Effort was on point tonight, they just need that one 3-and-D player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team is one Dante Cunningham season-ending injury away from the 8th place
    FTFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can shore up the problems, middle of the playoff pack. The west is a mess so far this year and they're only five games or so back. But just as easily can tumble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    December is historically the team's hardest month, so it may get worse before it gets better. If they're within striking distance of the playoffs by the RRT, I think they made it. Looking at the teams currently slated for the playoffs in the West, the Spurs are losing the season series only to LAC and Memphis (both 0-1). Looking at the entire conference only adds one team (SAC also at 0-1). In fact, the team's 11-10 conference record is actually pretty decent (seventh-best in the West by winning percentage). They really aren't set up all that poorly, and they are in a position to win a number of tie-breaks. It's just going to come down to how hard the team plays every night. I don't see anyone outside of GS who's beyond their reach (though Denver could also be there). If they make a good trade, that's even more the case. However, they are so dysfunctional sometimes that one can't reasonably pencil them to win any game.

I'm leaning on the side to still expect them to make the playoffs, though we'll know more by the end of the homestand. The West is still weak AF, so the team buying in could lead to a nice run to move up the ladder. I'd like to see them commit within the next 37 days either to trying to win as much as possible this year or trading off some dead weight and being okay with a lottery pick. They are one game below .500 with three winnable games by 12/15. Critical games they can't afford to drop if they want to be serious about getting a playoff spot.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The schedule in late March and April is pretty soft. Pop also wants to win now. I wouldn't expect a tank job unless there are a bunch more injuries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they remain healthy and can develop some team chemistry along with becoming better defensively then I would say 41-45 wins is possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    barely miss playoffs
    trade LMA for a 1st

Move Forward
    not bad

with two, we are probably top 5

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    barely miss playoffs
    trade LMA for a 1st

Move Forward
    +1 would also add get Try and trade Gasol for something could always sign Nikola to replace him. Let
    go of Cunningham, Forbes, and Poindexter to clear room for Walker, Metu, and our new draft picks.

Something tells me though Pop is going to draft a couple of foreign players so he doesn’t have to release anyone.
    Last edited by BackHome; 12-10-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Thread Information