Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Extortion is A-OK when sports teams are involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real threat is for Phoenix to continue watching the Suns tbh. Theres too many fine ass s in Phoenix to waste a night going to a Sun's game

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Sarver doesn’t deserve a new arena and I don’t see the city of Phoenix giving him one. There’d be too much public backlash if they massively subsidize a new arena for an owner as ty as he is. There’s also nothing wrong the the existing arena.

Unfortunatelt for Sarver he’s hated by Adam Silver and most other NBA owners so he’d have a tough time getting approval to move the Suns. If you want to over a city you need to get buddy buddy with the commissioner the way Clay Bennett did.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarver doesn’t deserve a new arena and I don’t see the city of Phoenix giving him one. There’d be too much public backlash if they massively subsidize a new arena for an owner as ty as he is. There’s also nothing wrong the the existing arena.

Unfortunatelt for Sarver he’s hated by Adam Silver and most other NBA owners so he’d have a tough time getting approval to move the Suns. If you want to over a city you need to get buddy buddy with the commissioner the way Clay Bennett did.
    Yeah I can't see Phoenix voters not telling him to off after all his penny pinching when they could have been winning les.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That arena isn’t that bad tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The real threat is for Phoenix to continue watching the Suns tbh. Theres too many fine ass s in Phoenix to waste a night going to a Sun's game
    if all american white girls are your thing I will say Phoenix and Tempe are definitely underrated when it comes to fine WG's.
    Personally, L.A. parts of Louisiana, Georgia, and NYC have AZ beat ...
    But when I road tripped to Tempe to see a Cowboys game at the old Sun Devil stadium or when the Wildcats or sun devils came to the Rose Bowl I was pleasantly surprised by the talent level.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah I can't see Phoenix voters not telling him to off after all his penny pinching when they could have been winning les.
    I get Spurs/Lakers blocked their path, especially Spurs ... but not ringing at least once when Dallas did with less talent was a huge failure on Sarver and his cronies.
    But Horry/Stern probably stopped their last best shot ...sure Tim and company did God's work too ...

But Horry with the hip check from heaven was as clutch as any of his huge Finals 3 pointers ...Just a smart uber clutch player.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I could see him trying to piggy back off the Bidwell family that said it would start running the Cardinals like a real NFL team once they got a new arena and they actually lived up to their word, the difference is that they had a valid point since they didn’t even have a stadium before. The Bidwells were also never the unlikeable pieces of that Sarver is.

That arena isn’t that bad tbh
    Agreed. It might be one of the older arenas out there but it’s been renovated and is far from the busted up piece of the Sonics arena was.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can see a suburb or some other en y bending over for Sarver. Too much money down there for them to move. I don't think Seattle is desperate for a crap NBA franchise as they are super confident they are getting an NHL team for Key Arena. A local deal is probably better than what they could get there or T-Mobile arena, which already has an NHL team.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I can see a suburb or some other en y bending over for Sarver. Too much money down there for them to move. I don't think Seattle is desperate for a crap NBA franchise as they are super confident they are getting an NHL team for Key Arena. A local deal is probably better than what they could get there or T-Mobile arena, which already has an NHL team.
    The other Phoenix suburbs will be hesitant because of how much money Glendale lost on the Cardinals/Coyotes arenas.

Sarver doesn’t realize how much everyone hates him. Any city that wants an NBA team would rather wait it out than bend over backwards to get the team that he owns.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other Phoenix suburbs will be hesitant because of how much money Glendale lost on the Cardinals/Coyotes arenas.

Sarver doesn’t realize how much everyone hates him. Any city that wants an NBA team would rather wait it out than bend over backwards to get the team that he owns.
    Does everyone in Phoenix hate him for salary dumping Joe Johnson and as well as the draft pick that could have been Iguodala back when the Suns were one piece away from being a dominant team? Or is he considered an asshole independent of that?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, I dated one from Scottsdale named Paige. sun baked, 90 pounds, fake blonde hair, cigarette smoker and occasional heroin shooter... not my type.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does everyone in Phoenix hate him for salary dumping Joe Johnson and as well as the draft pick that could have been Iguodala back when the Suns were one piece away from being a dominant team? Or is he considered an asshole independent of that?
    getting rid of Joe Johnson and Q-Richardson (best 3 point shooter in the league that year both by 3FGM and 3FG%) in the same offseason for Kurt fricken Thomas was incredibly stupid and a ridiculous overreaction to losing to Duncan in the WCF. The Suns were good enough to win a ring that year but the Spurs were just better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, I dated one from Scottsdale named Paige. sun baked, 90 pounds, fake blonde hair, cigarette smoker and occasional heroin shooter... not my type.
    That says more about the type of girl you have the ability to pull then it does about the overall product. There are many fine white beeches in that area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New arena for what though? The Suns ing suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That says more about the type of girl you have the ability to pull then it does about the overall product. There are many fine white beeches in that area.
    they're still generally sun baked and plastic tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Seattle Suns and Las Vegas Suns, both kind of catchy.

Maybe Phoenix is the team to move. Except for the Finals run in 76 and 93 with Barkley and Marley and the regular season success of the Steve Nash era not to much of a championship history there to not be able to move team if he wanted to.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns franchise is not good enough to even entertain the thought of providing a rich owner with corporate welfare and having the city and the state foot the bill for a new arena. Sarver is a businessman, so he should either pony up his own cash for a new arena or sell the team to someone else who won't need corporate welfare to build a new arena.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Suns franchise is not good enough to even entertain the thought of providing a rich owner with corporate welfare and having the city and the state foot the bill for a new arena. Sarver is a businessman, so he should either pony up his own cash for a new arena or sell the team to someone else who won't need corporate welfare to build a new arena.
    He’s not a businessman even. He’s a spoiled rich kid who’s business ventures have consistently failed, the Suns being the one exception.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I agree given the teams history it makes no sense to build a new arena when the one currently in use is just fine. Maybe Sarver should sell the team to move to Seattle or Las Vegas. I never want fans to lose an NBA team but Sarver needs to quit complaining about a new arena it's not time for one yet. For Suns fans if this costs them their team that would be unfortunate.

I don't think Seattle would welcome any NBA team not named Sonics so they would have to change the teams name with a move to Seattle back to Sonics. For Las Vegas Suns would be just fine if they moved there.

Given OKC was Sonics how would Suns go about changing team name to Sonics with logo and all? would it be complicated?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree given the teams history it makes no sense to build a new arena when the one currently in use is just fine. Maybe Sarver should sell the team to move to Seattle or Las Vegas. I never want fans to lose an NBA team but Sarver needs to quit complaining about a new arena it's not time for one yet. For Suns fans if this costs them their team that would be unfortunate.

I don't think Seattle would welcome any NBA team not named Sonics so they would have to change the teams name with a move to Seattle back to Sonics. For Las Vegas Suns would be just fine if they moved there.

Given OKC was Sonics how would Suns go about changing team name to Sonics with logo and all? would it be complicated?
    OKC owners left the Sonics name to Seattle so any team moving there can take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

remember this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also a lot of fine Mex mixed talent.
    These two were in Scottsdale before coming over to the Holy Grail San Diego.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Does everyone in Phoenix hate him for salary dumping Joe Johnson and as well as the draft pick that could have It'been Iguodala back when the Suns were one piece away from being a dominant team? Or is he considered an asshole independent of that?
    It's both. The main problem now is that he wants to micromanage the team and won't hire anyone with experience to run the basketball operations.

By the way, the proposed deal is for an arena renovation, not a new arena. And the city owns the arena.

Thread Information