Page 115 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3283
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immigration is objectively good.

Population experts say there is a surefire way to boost fertility rates: let in more immigrants. Migrants tend to be young and produce children at a higher rate than the native-born. But Texas, like the country as a whole, has experienced a decline in net international migration since 2016. Over the prior two decades, Glass said, the country was “saved by immigration.” (This helped boost the economy and keep Social Security and Medicare solvent.) But the end of legal in-country asylum seeking under Trump led to an immediate decline in the Hispanic birth rate, from approximately 2.1 in 2016 to 1.9 in 2020. “It’s pretty clear that immigration was propping up U.S. birth rates until the recent past,” Glass said. “And when that stops, the higher-than-average Hispanic birth rate created by recent migrants stops as well.” Without a steady flow of immigrants, she said, “we are an aging, low-fertility population.”
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/lawmaker-wants-certain-texans-to-have-more-babies/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People in government custody deserve emergency medical attention at the minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/stat...828900354?s=20
    @GLandrith
    It takes a special kind of stupid to say something this self, evidently absurd - as if having 6 million illegal migrants in a few states along the border doesn’t put a lot of pressure and stress upon those states and local areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @GLandrith
    It takes a special kind of stupid to say something this self, evidently absurd - as if having 6 million illegal migrants in a few states along the border doesn’t put a lot of pressure and stress upon those states and local areas.
    You can always move.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @GLandrith
    Look, rich white people need construction, child care, landscape and food process workers.

What are they supposed to do? Pay Americans more?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the legal pathway is broken, and that's a bad thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do we need people moving to usa ?
    Some cities are packed no houses for people.
    Who says usa needs more people ?
    Just start ing and not have an aboration simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do we need people moving to usa ?
    Some cities are packed no houses for people.
    Who says usa needs more people ?
    Just start ing and not have an aboration simple.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10886180

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still germane topically

“The money is going to be in the Bill Miller [restaurant] near your house,” Huerta wrote in Spanish to a 27-year-old Venezuelan migrant named Emmanuel. “It’s going to be behind the dumpster outside in a white envelope."
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...266767796.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People in government custody deserve emergency medical attention at the minimum.

Hippocratic oath aside I do not see how that is not criminal negligence. Our convicts get better treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hippocratic oath aside I do not see how that is not criminal negligence. Our convicts get better treatment.
    bless your heart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not understand how they can have custody of someone and not be held responsible.

I suppose this snark is because of my refuting your COVID takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible about the 8 year old girl.

Could we get detailed news reports about what Mexico, Guatamale, Hondoras etc does for / to it's immigrants?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not understand how they can have custody of someone and not be held responsible.

I suppose this snark is because of my refuting your COVID takes.
    lol no. you have quite the grandiose sense of your own dimensions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no. you have quite the grandiose sense of your own dimensions.
    then tell me why the snark towards me?

You were snarky to me and I am thinking of our last interaction. Let me guess you were snarky to me because of someone else. . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Certain employers seem to prefer employing immigrants because they're easier to rip off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then tell me why the snark towards me?

You were snarky to me and I am thinking of our last interaction. Let me guess you were snarky to me because of someone else. . .
    take it easy, fuzzy,,,,youre a poster no one likes,,,dont take it personally,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HemisfairArena
    Believe.

This message is hidden because HemisfairArena is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abusive and deadly conditions of detention are a point of continuity from Trump to Biden.

In Michigan, a man in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was sent into a jail's general population unit with an open wound from surgery, no bandages and no follow-up medical appointment scheduled, even though he still had surgical drains in place.

A federal inspector found: "The detainee never received even the most basic care for his wound."

In Georgia, a nurse ignored an ICE detainee who urgently asked for an inhaler to treat his asthma. Even though he was never examined by the medical staff, the nurse put a note in the medical record that "he was seen in sick call."

"The do entation by the nurse bordered on falsification and the failure to see a patient urgently requesting medical attention regarding treatment with an inhaler was negligent."
    And in Pennsylvania, a group of correctional officers strapped a mentally ill male ICE detainee into a restraint chair and gave the lone female officer a pair of scissors to cut off his clothes for a strip search.

"There is no justifiable correctional reason that required the detainee who had a mental health condition to have his clothes cut off by a female officer while he was compliant in a restraint chair. This is a barbaric practice and clearly violates ... basic principles of humanity."

These findings are all part of a trove of more than 1,600 pages of previously secret inspection reports written by experts hired by the Department of Homeland Security's Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. In examining more than two dozen facilities across 16 states from 2017 to 2019, these expert inspectors found "negligent" medical care (including mental health care), "unsafe and filthy" conditions, racist abuse of detainees, inappropriate pepper-spraying of mentally ill detainees and other problems that, in some cases, contributed to detainee deaths.

These reports almost never become public.

For more than three years, the federal government — under both the Trump and Biden administrations — fought NPR's efforts to obtain those records. That opposition continued despite a Biden campaign promise to "demand transparency in and independent oversight over ICE."

The records were obtained in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by NPR. After two years, a federal judge found that the government had violated the nation's public records law and ordered the release of the do ents.
    https://www.npr.org/2023/08/16/11907...ent-conditions

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Abusive and deadly conditions of detention are a point of continuity from Trump to Biden.

https://www.npr.org/2023/08/16/11907...ent-conditions
    They broke & entered. Their regrets are their own. I've no sympathy for them.

Nary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another point of continuity is hiding the ball

Thread Information