Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the same time we simply have no need for uneducated, marginally employable economic immigrants that can't speak the language and can't assimilate into becoming productive citizens in our advanced economy.
    But what if they're a super hot looking chick with a good personality?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what if they're a super hot looking chick with a good personality?
    here ya go...

https://www.russiancupid.com/?&ef_id...SAAEgKJ7PD_BwE

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most effective and relatively easy way - has been mentioned already - enforcing the law and fining and prosecuting the people who hire them.
    When the word gets out that there are absolutely no jobs here - no future here - they will stop coming in the same numbers.

We won't do that because the people hiring them also are the same donors who support politicians and will stop paying them off.

Or

Put them to work on our infrastructure. Make america spit-shiny clean. Put them on birth control. Take half their pay and place it in accounts in their own country - but make it so they cannot withdraw for 10 years. Give them a 10 year contract with decent wages, free healthcare and half their pay here and the other half when they return to their country. After 10 years they must return for 5 years and await their USA citizenship to be granted. Those five years in their country with their 10 year salary suddenly available will cause most to open businesses, better their country and hopefully not want to return here.
    Those who break laws, have kids while on their 10 year contract get deported/disqualified.

We get a brand new spit shiny country, brand new infrastructure, better economy, less crime, etc...

Only problem?

They are mostly brown people - this would only work if they were from Sweden and looked like Barbie and Ken!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    immigrants are ALREADY the backbone of US agricultural, and of construction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you serious, Spurs Homer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that we can all agree that regulated legal immigration is a good thing and unregulated illegal immigration is a bad thing.

What do you suggest as a reasonable compromise to promote legal immigration and curb illegal immigration that both political parties could agree on?

Lets see some ideas.
    A noble thought and I agree with you 100%.

That having been said, there is the saying "You cannot legislate righteousness* into peoples hearts."
    * or fairness, justice, goodness etc.

So, regardless of what laws are passed, still gonna be bugs.
    I do agree that enforcing the current laws and adding some good ones will help.

But since most of these political sleazebags have profit from illegals in their sweatshops, farms and drugs etc crossing the border with their payoff, aint nothing going to change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indentured servitude?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you serious, Spurs Homer?
    On the first one - absolutely. It shows the hypocrisy.
    Cry and cry about "illegal" immigrants ruining the country, dirtying the country, bringing disease, etc...(same as was said about all previous immigrants)
    and then what?

The people HIRING them never get the spotlight put on them.

These people come here for one reason, a better life. Jobs. A chance to work to feed their families.
    Ever seen mexican homeless beggars? How many?
    Look again.

The culture is such that at 4-5-6 years old these children are out WORKING, SELLING, CLEANING, HUSTLING.

They don't come here to BEG.

Start simply enforcing the laws and prosecute those who hire them.
    As soon as the word got out that jobs were gone, that businesses were scared of hiring ANY illegal - the flow would stop and they would go elsewhere and look for work elsewhere.

Except, you really do NOT want to stop immigration do you?

Much better to just demonize minorities and blame them so that dear leader succeeds. Much better to have a boogey man to blame for white peoples laziness and lack of a heart to make america better by working together with everyone and lifting our country to better days.

The second one is a pipe dream but I would love to see politicians talking about putting them to work - because instead of seeing these people as some CURSE to our country - we might be better off seeing them as a possible blessing and putting those eager hard workers to work to earn their place here. Imagine having the biggest work-force on the planet - Imagine spending billions investing in infrastructure with cheap labor - and giving these people an incentive to return home to get their money they earned?

If they were Swedish illegals flooding our ports? My god you would see racists opening their hearts, their homes - heck the red carpet would be laid out from sea to shining sea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much better to just demonize minorities and blame them so that dear leader succeeds.
    You're right, indentured servitude is so much better than a rational legal pathway to work for immigrants and eligibility verification by employers. I don't know what I was thinking.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, indentured servitude is so much better than a rational legal pathway to work for immigrants and eligibility verification by employers. I don't know what I was thinking.

Well of course I agree with ^ that -

but look at where THAT has got us right this moment?

What you mentioned is supposedly our position right now - but what are we doing?
    Following a racist cult nazi and about to build walls , separate and cage children and throw a parade for our nazi!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you seem loose this morning, Spurs Homer, has happy hour already started?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems most people on this board are good with stronger enforcement against hiring undo ented workers.

i think a zero tolerance policy on anybody who is undo ented and commits a crime is fair.

i believe people overstate the benefits received by illegal immigrants. they aren't eligible for social security, foodstamps, medicaid, etc. are emergency medical services such a major concern? now on a state by state basis, yes there are differences. many states to provide benefits to all people including illegal immigrants. but that's not a federal issue.

as for the concern that "illegals commit crimes"... unless you can support the contention that they are more prone to crime than legal residents, then it's moot. at that point, any arbitrary rule in curbing population would be just as effective if criminality is your only concern. a single child rule would be just as effective.

the rate at which immigration pe ions are processed is dreadfully slow and has only gotten slower in recent years. that's not helping. as has been explained here, a majority of illegal aliens in recent years are those who got here legally and overstayed visas. make that system more efficient. constant policing of the border isn't going to solve that issue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha. Amusing when I read a post and wonder which side SH is on. Then brought back to reality with talk of cult and nazis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the suggestions here would stem the tide of children who we are obligated to educate, feed, clothe, etc. That'd be a (high) wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the suggestions here would stem the tide of children who we are obligated to educate, feed, clothe, etc. That'd be a (high) wall.
    Which verse of the Bible did Jesus say to build a wall to keep out the stupid, hungry, naked children

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not illegal Mexicans shooting up schools. I agree with border control but spending 3B tax dollars on it is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that obligation exists for whoever resides here. At that point is not our money anymore, it’s part of the government budget. If we were to choose what to do with that money, I would completely ban home schooling, for example.

But it’s a moot point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans aren't going to work as abused, poisoned, underpaid/unpaid ag / farm hands
    Problem is a lot of Americans do not want blue collar jobs above that
    Rather collect money on welfare

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not illegal Mexicans shooting up schools. I agree with border control but spending 3B tax dollars on it is ridiculous.
    Spending it to control who comes in and not is a good idea ask euro now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Incoming Chief of Staff Said in 2015 That Border Wall Was a “Childish” Idea That Wouldn’t Work

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...istic-cnn.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A wall/fence/barrier certainly makes sense in urban and populated areas. I don't understand how this can even be debated. Out in the middle of the desert, not so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spending it to control who comes in and not is a good idea ask euro now
    Just read he's asking for 5B for the wall... that. He needs to holla at Mexico like he said he was going to do.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A wall/fence/barrier certainly makes sense in urban and populated areas. I don't understand how this can even be debated. Out in the middle of the desert, not so much.
    Don't we already have walls in those areas?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that obligation exists for whoever resides here. At that point is not our money anymore, it’s part of the government budget. If we were to choose what to do with that money, I would completely ban home schooling, for example.

But it’s a moot point.
    When kids are sent across the border alone, you don't think climbing over a high wall (that currently isn't there) as opposed to just walking across the border - would deter parents from sending them? Would this not reduce the number of kids who come illegally across the border and thus the amount of money used for educating them? That that money could be used for American kids?

What does home schooling have to do with any government money? I don't get a penny for home schooling, and I pay property taxes on 2 houses. IMO, to be strictly fair, the money should follow the student regardless of what type of schooling the student/parent chooses (like Canada and Finland?). Instead, the money that should go toward Blake's daughter and my kids gets divvyed? up among the public school (and they still, in general, do a crappy job) students.

What particularly do you have against homeschooling? Public schools may not do as good a job of educating students (especially special needs/autistic ones) as a caring parent - particularly in rural or smaller districts with limited resources.

Thread Information