Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Nobody wants to solve immigration, that's a huge fearmongering tool for both sides to run political campaigns on.

"aint no money in the cure" - Chris Rock

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't we already have walls in those areas?
    Not all of them where they are needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When kids are sent across the border alone, you don't think climbing over a high wall (that currently isn't there) as opposed to just walking across the border - would deter parents from sending them? Would this not reduce the number of kids who come illegally across the border and thus the amount of money used for educating them? That that money could be used for American kids?

What does home schooling have to do with any government money? I don't get a penny for home schooling, and I pay property taxes on 2 houses. IMO, to be strictly fair, the money should follow the student regardless of what type of schooling the student/parent chooses (like Canada and Finland?). Instead, the money that should go toward Blake's daughter and my kids gets divvyed? up among the public school (and they still, in general, do a crappy job) students.

What particularly do you have against homeschooling? Public schools may not do as good a job of educating students (especially special needs/autistic ones) as a caring parent - particularly in rural or smaller districts with limited resources.
    I don’t want any kid to risk their lives at all to come to the US, but that’s not the argument you presented. Once the kids are here, I much rather they be well fed and educated to become healthy members of our society.

No wall is stopping them from coming here. Just like they pay coyotes to bring families in, they can pay Mexicans with legal tourists visas to register and bring kids over. People that don’t understand our immigration system fall for stupid solutions looking for a problem.

What do I have about homeschooling? That we can’t guarantee every parent that opts for that will provide the proper academic standard for the kid. Some may, some may not, but for those that they do not, the kid isn’t getting all that time back and as a society it’s only our fault when that fails, since we enable it. Sure, there’s very special cases that might require exceptions to the rule, but that’s what it should be, an exception.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not all of them where they are needed.
    Like where?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to border patrol and homeland security the Rio Grande valley for one.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    According to border patrol and homeland security the Rio Grande valley for one.
    The whole thing?

Maybe they should patrol that border some more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The whole thing?

Maybe they should patrol that border some more.
    I'm not going to be baited into a stupid argument with you. Border Patrol says they need it. Argue with them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not going to be baited into a stupid argument with you. Border Patrol says they need it. Argue with them.
    I will if they're talking about golf courses and butterfly sanctuaries tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump says BP doing a great job. No caravan crossed over

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump says BP doing a great job. No caravan crossed over
    Yep, just like ISIS is no longer a problem. Why are there still troops near the border?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you cant argue the facts then argue stupid strawman .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump praising the BP Is a fact.

Old man grumpy getting close to nap time huh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fact: no caravan invaded the US.

Fact: Troops are still stationed near the border.

Why?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and they, while they’re working and earning here, they’d pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. They can cross. Open borders both ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump praising the BP Is a fact.

Old man grumpy getting close to nap time huh
    I said nothing about Trump. You need to get over being cucked by a fat girl and picking stupid strawman fights on the internet.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...sidents-25-and

According to this link(could be bull because I found it on a meh site) the entirety of the border with Mexico is in the top 6 states with residents over 25 that never finished the 9th grade. So yeah, we need a border wall, we need to punish anyone employing illegals severely, and we need to get rid of of birthright citizenship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and they, while they’re working and earning here, they’d pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. They can cross. Open borders both ways.
    I'm fine with that. Apply for a work Visa, get qualified, and then come and go through a legitimate border entry point. Don't sneak across and then throw your hands up and cry for asylum when you get caught.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah but MS-13 and rapists

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If they’re living here, I don’t want to see six and eight year old kids being made totally uneducated and feel like they’re living outside the law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they’re living here, I don’t want to see six and eight year old kids being made totally uneducated and feel like they’re living outside the law.
    I agree. Congress will never work out a rational solution because it's too valuable as a political football.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right wing looneys and the congressional black caucus would both lose their minds if we made it legal for immigrant brown people to work here.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right wing looneys and the congressional black caucus would both lose their minds if we made it legal for immigrant brown people to work here.
    You mean illegal aliens. And as your statement shows it has nothing to do with skin color. You are basically pointing that Americans would be upset because cheap labor from illegals is undercutting them. How dare Americans standup for the betterment of their lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean illegal aliens. And as your statement shows it has nothing to do with skin color. You are basically pointing that Americans would be upset because cheap labor from illegals is undercutting them. How dare Americans standup for the betterment of their lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're both right in a way (not sure about the CBC). Some on the right don't want anyone coming into the country. Some welcome legal newcomers. You cannot necessarily say that the right doesn't want brown people, or that the right only cares about legality. Because of the mixture, you can use either group to make your point if you're in need of making your point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm talking about making "illegal" immigrants legal. Getting them into the system. Weeding out the bad ones. Keeping the good ones.

Thread Information