Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3283
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and lol @ Qhrisbot tantrums

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats exactly what nono said (although they didnt lift the stay order, they granted a stay order with respect to the injunction. the injunction blocks the state action, and the stay blocks the injunction, effectively)

they haven't made a formal ruling on the merits of whether trump's actions are lawful or not

in the meantime, i'm sure mr small government is ecstatic about the president essentially being able to replace congress in the government's duty to appropriate funds. because he's republican.
    Thanks for the correction.

Boils down to the same thing: The SCOTUS didn't address at all at this time whether the Administration acted correctly with regard to those funds, that's the case that's still ongoing.

They simply addresses the injunction blocking the government from starting to spend that money, considering there was a time limit to pay off contractors.

What's likely to happen now is the ACLU attempting to expedite a ruling in their favor, effectively blocking this again. If it plays out like that, it will be followed by the administration appealing to the SCOTUS again, this time to answer the actual question as to whether their budgeting move is proper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's legal incompetence, for the loss:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The only small comfort at this point is that the administration is too incompetent to do more damage than it has.

The lobbyists in charge of the regulatory agencies are another matter.

mmmmm mercury water.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Put it on the track to the SC...the old man didn't go to all that time, trouble & money gettin' Kavanaugh & such in there to take (no) for an answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put it on the track to the SC...the old man didn't go to all that time, trouble & money gettin' Kavanaugh & such in there to take (no) for an answer.
    Det legal hail mary.

If Gorsuch or Roberts peel off, the old man will have to take no for answer; too bad the the Congressndidn't change the law when they had the chance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Det legal hail mary.

If Gorsuch or Roberts peel off, the old man will have to take no for answer; too bad the the Congressndidn't change the law when they had the chance.
    You guys play the courts just like we do. In fact, you taught us that art. Well, not taught, but, once Trump got in there we started playing it. Before him we got knocked around like a in' Pinata, like we didn't know any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    left wing political correctness on colleges campuses is getting out of control:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No wall has been built since Trash elected.

Only maintenance, confirmed by CBP
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-27-2019 at 01:49 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No wall has been built since Trash elected.

Only maintenance, confirmed by CBP
    The old man states otherwise. Me? I believe the old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another US citizen with proof of citizenship denied a passports. The goal is stigmatization of Latinx and denaturalization.

https://aclu-or.org/en/news/maria-so...ort-were-suing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Take the land’:

President Trump wants a border wall.

He wants it black.

And he wants it by Election Day.

President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that

he has directed aides to

fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts,

aggressively seize private land and

disregard environmental rules,

according to current and former officials involved with the project.

He also has told worried subordinates that

he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing

should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly,

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/immigration/take-the-land-president-trump-wants-a-border-wall-he-wants-it-black-and-he-wants-it-by-election-day/2019/08/27/37b80018-c821-11e9-a4f3-c081a126de70_story.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Behind Trump’s craziness, there’s always corruption. Here’s the latest.

Trump has privately admitted a wall isn’t the best way to stop illegal immigration

but he has told top aides that

if he fails to deliver, it would be a letdown to supporters heading into reelection.

Indeed, in private meetings, Trump has justified this position by musing about the loud cheers his wall receives at rallies.

Trump has recently urged the Army Corps to award a contract to a company he favors, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, though the firm has not been selected.

Fisher has been aggressively pushed by Trump ally Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.), who briefly held up the confirmation of a Trump budget office nominee last month in an attempt to put pressure on the Army Corps.

Cramer demanded to see the contracts awarded to Fisher’s compe ors,

lashing out at the “arrogance” of the Army Corps in emails to military officials

after he was told the bidding process involved proprietary information that could not be shared.

The CEO of Fisher Industries is a major backer of Cramer and has donated to his campaigns.

In other words,

Trump is pressuring a government agency to give a contract for his wall to a company whose chief executive is a donor to one of his top GOP allies in Congress.

The Fox News-Trump corruption nexus

It is a truly remarkable situation. As The Post’s previous piece on this detailed, Tommy Fisher, the chief executive of the company, has found his way into Trump’s head

by appearing repeatedly on Fox News, where he’s vowed to get his portion of wall built really quickly,

a message that is aimed straight at Trump’s brain stem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/28/behind-trumps-craziness-theres-always-corruption-heres-latest/?noredirect=on

So Trash is trying to spend $100Ms, $Bs of taxpayer money on his ing stupid wall, just for his 2020 campaign.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-28-2019 at 07:14 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Behind Trump’s craziness, there’s always corruption. Here’s the latest.

Trump has privately admitted a wall isn’t the best way to stop illegal immigration

but he has told top aides that

if he fails to deliver, it would be a letdown to supporters heading into reelection.

Indeed, in private meetings, Trump has justified this position by musing about the loud cheers his wall receives at rallies.

Trump has recently urged the Army Corps to award a contract to a company he favors, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, though the firm has not been selected.

Fisher has been aggressively pushed by Trump ally Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.), who briefly held up the confirmation of a Trump budget office nominee last month in an attempt to put pressure on the Army Corps.

Cramer demanded to see the contracts awarded to Fisher’s compe ors,

lashing out at the “arrogance” of the Army Corps in emails to military officials

after he was told the bidding process involved proprietary information that could not be shared.

The CEO of Fisher Industries is a major backer of Cramer and has donated to his campaigns.

In other words,

Trump is pressuring a government agency to give a contract for his wall to a company whose chief executive is a donor to one of his top GOP allies in Congress.

The Fox News-Trump corruption nexus

It is a truly remarkable situation. As The Post’s previous piece on this detailed, Tommy Fisher, the chief executive of the company, has found his way into Trump’s head

by appearing repeatedly on Fox News, where he’s vowed to get his portion of wall built really quickly,

a message that is aimed straight at Trump’s brain stem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/28/behind-trumps-craziness-theres-always-corruption-heres-latest/?noredirect=on

Boiled down:::

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tell it, TSA. Testify!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ending medical deferments will cause needless death, but that's probably a selling point for some of you.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 08-29-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a guy pleaded for asylum because if he were deported, he'd be killed

judge said effectively " you" and take your family outta USA

guy was deported and soon murdered.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 120 U.S. military construction projects to be hurt by Trump's border wall funding

More than 120 U.S. military construction projects will be adversely affected as the Pentagon prepares to use $3.6 billion

to help build

or enhance

175 miles (282 km) of the border wall with Mexico

President Donald Trump declared a national emergency in a bid to fund his promised wall at the U.S.-Mexico border.

The emergency declaration allows the Trump administration to use money from the military construction budget and the Pentagon has said it could use $3.6 billion from the budget.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-mexico-border-military/more-than-120-u-s-military-construction-projects-to-be-hurt-by-trumps-border-wall-funding-idUSKCN1VO2RW?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

Trash abusing his power and US taxpayers by blowing $3.6B on his reelection campaign.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FEMA money now used to fund Trash's reelection campaign

As Dorian Loomed, Homeland Security Shifted $155 Million From FEMA to ICE

https://truthout.org/articles/as-dor...m-fema-to-ice/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seven construction projects at JBSA could be cut to fund border wall

Seven military construction projects at JBSA could be on the chopping block to help fund about 164 miles of pedestrian fencing on the border between the U.S. and Mexico.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...eWdtQT09In0%3D

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash supporters, low-wage, low-ed LOSERS, cheer Trash/Miller hurting, traumatizing families of non-Euro-whites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Border Patrol checkpoint in New Hampshire, just as international students are arriving at Dartmouth College:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/loc...25736ad0f.html

Thread Information