'The bare minimum our nation owes':

Legislation puts separated families on path to citizenship

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...to-citizenship

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ Rescinds Trump-Era Policy Denying Grant Money to Sanctuary Cities

The move targeted a May 2017 directive requiring recipients of a $250 million law enforcement grant pool to cooperate with immigration authorities.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...nctuary-cities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    informative thread, I thought

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    informative thread, I thought

LOL semantics. they are still in custody, just not BORDER PATROL custody. And LOL at the "net change" chart showing immigrant children increased in custody all but two days (both in the last week) probably due to slow reporting issues. Talk about spin! Lets draw a dotted line down through all those es to make it look like we are getting rid of the prisoners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL semantics. they are still in custody, just not BORDER PATROL custody. And LOL at the "net change" chart showing immigrant children increased in custody all but two days (both in the last week) probably due to slow reporting issues. Talk about spin! Lets draw a dotted line down through all those es to make it look like we are getting rid of the prisoners.
    you didn't read through, did you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you didn't read through, did you?
    yep.
    do you know how to read graphs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep.
    do you know how to read graphs?
    i'm not a mind reader, make your point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not a mind reader, make your point.
    Border Patrol doesn't hold unaccompanied minors any longer than they absolutely have to. The prisoners are transferred to the "office of refugee minors" program. Although they don't publish how many prisoners they have in custody their own graph that you posted shows that the number is still rising and they are coming in faster than they can get rid of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    had you read through, you'd have seen points very much like the ones you're making right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    had you read through, you'd have seen points very much like the ones you're making right now.
    It's just humorous that you would be posting tweets about the US having more child prisoners in custody now than Trump ever had, with more coming every day. Hooray Blue Team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right wing propaganda wants this so desperately to be an issue.

Gotta play to the racist base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just humorous that you would be posting tweets about the US having more child prisoners in custody now than Trump ever had, with more coming every day. Hooray Blue Team!
    posted for information, not celebration. I tjoight the guy did a decent job of contextualizing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right wing propaganda wants this so desperately to be an issue.

Gotta play to the racist base.
    Are you claiming 5000+ illegals crossing into the US every day is a non-issue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have told you what to think, and here you are regurgitating it.

How does it feel to be so easily manipulated by cynical incompetents?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But to answer your question, because I am liberal, and therefore more committed to honesty than any conservative here, it is an issue, especially if the conditions faced by anyone we detain are less than humane.

It is one of the top ten most important issues facing our country? not even close.

As noted, you have been told to think it is, so here you are, pushing that propaganda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But to answer your question, because I am liberal, and therefore more committed to honesty than any conservative here, it is an issue, especially if the conditions faced by anyone we detain are less than humane.

It is one of the top ten most important issues facing our country? not even close.

As noted, you have been told to think it is, so here you are, pushing that propaganda.
    LOL pot meet kettle. Hypocrisy at it's finest. All you and Boutons do is regurgitate the left wing you have been fed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So name your top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So name your top 10.
    Only if you do so first. quid pro quo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... there really aren't even ten things I can get very worried about. However, if I could play king for the day...

1) Get the out of the Mid-East, Afghanistan and Northern Africa and stay out.
    2) Suck up to China and stop all the Tariff bull . Like it or not they are going to be the Worlds leading economy. They are on the rise and we are on the decline.
    3) Might as well admit to Taiwan they are ed because we can't stop China from taking them any time they want to.
    4) Same with Ukraine. If Russia wants it we won't do a ing thing about it except call Putin names.
    5) Do an infrastructure plan that is ONLY about infrastructure. Roads, Bridges, fiber, etc. Name your number and I'm fine with it.
    6) Raise the retirement age to 70.
    7) If you are going to raise the capital gains tax then index it for inflation.
    8) Deal with the homeless. Build basic dormitory style shelter on the outskirts of town on the bus route. Give them basic food and care that isn't dependent on sobriety like the Haven for the Hopeless.
    9) Decriminalize weed at the federal level.
    10) Establish free basic health care centers for all, similar to the existing doc in the box businesses now.

Thats 10. Not necessarily in that order and I could do more.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 04-30-2021 at 01:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... there really aren't even ten things I can get very worried about. However, if I could play king for the day...

1) Get the out of the Mid-East, Afghanistan and Northern Africa and stay out.
    2) Suck up to China and stop all the Tariff bull . Like it or not they are going to be the Worlds leading economy. They are on the rise and we are on the decline.
    3) Might as well admit to Taiwan they are ed because we can't stop China from taking them any time they want to.
    4) Same with Ukraine. If Russia wants it we won't do a ing thing about it except call Putin names.
    5) Do an infrastructure plan that is ONLY about infrastructure. Roads, Bridges, fiber, etc. Name your number and I'm fine with it.
    6) Raise the retirement age to 70.
    7) If you are going to raise the capital gains tax then index it for inflation.
    8) Deal with the homeless. Build basic dormitory style shelter on the outskirts of town on the bus route. Give them basic food and care that isn't dependent on sobriety like the Haven for the Hopeless.
    9) Decriminalize weed at the federal level.
    10) Establish free basic health care centers for all, similar to the existing doc in the box businesses now.

Thats 10. Not necessarily in that order and I could do more.
    Props.

COVID vaccinations and management
    single payer health care
    right wing terrorism
    China aggression on Taiwan and china sea
    Chinese genecide of uighers
    Russian efforts at undermining liberal democracy
    Reforming policing in the US
    Social safety net in general
    US infrastructure
    legalizing of most sched 1 drugs
    abolishing private prisons
    closing up loopholes concerning naked shorts

I can think of quite a few others that concern me beyond the border.

Hard to say what is the single most important ten, but that is roughly what i came up with quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah...instead of sending billions to corrupt politicians in Central America in an attempt to "convince migrants not to leave" just throw a half billion to the Sinaloa Cartel to stop them at the southern border of Mexico. Word will travel fast. Problem solved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah...instead of sending billions to corrupt politicians in Central America in an attempt to "convince migrants not to leave" just throw a half billion to the Sinaloa Cartel to stop them at the southern border of Mexico. Word will travel fast. Problem solved.
    I would point out we had some similar things on our list. Remarkably similar.
    a smart friend pointed me to this, you may find it interesting about naked shorts in the market.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9tym5wqQ10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An evil solution.

Better solution would be to hoover up anyone who wants to come.

We should let as many as want to escape failed regimes simply come over here. Our birthrate is too low as it stands.

Thread Information