Page 97 of 132 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3281
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You joined the media furore, let the newspapers and network TV tell you what to think about it. The Afghanistan withdrawal went fine, but I understand you permanent war dead enders are too indoctrinated to ever say otherwise.
    Ah you were there. I thought I saw you falling from that plane, while the chaotic exit and 13 dead Marines were obviously well scripted. I mean, I'm wondering what source of information you relied on to come to your conclusion.

The Economist ...

If the propagandists of the Taliban had scripted the collapse of America’s 20-year mission to reshape Afghanistan, they could not have come up with more harrowing images. As insurgents swept into Kabul, desperate Afghans, terrified about what the victorious zealots might do, chased departing American cargo planes down the runway, trying to clamber into the landing gear and inevitably falling to their deaths. The American-backed government had surrendered without a fight—something that American officials were insisting would not happen only days before. Afghans were left in such a horrifying bind that clinging to the wheels of a hurtling aircraft seemed their best option.

America has spent $2trn in Afghanistan; more than 2,000 American lives have been lost, not to mention countless Afghan ones. And yet, even if Afghans are more prosperous now than when America invaded, Afghanistan is back to square one. The Taliban control more of the country than they did when they lost power, they are better armed, having seized the weapons America showered on the Afghan army, and they have now won the ultimate affirmation: defeating a superpower.

Are you really this ing hard up for a w?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah you were there. I thought I saw you falling from that plane, while the chaotic exit and 13 dead Marines were obviously well scripted.

The Economist ...

If the propagandists of the Taliban had scripted the collapse of America’s 20-year mission to reshape Afghanistan, they could not have come up with more harrowing images. As insurgents swept into Kabul, desperate Afghans, terrified about what the victorious zealots might do, chased departing American cargo planes down the runway, trying to clamber into the landing gear and inevitably falling to their deaths. The American-backed government had surrendered without a fight—something that American officials were insisting would not happen only days before. Afghans were left in such a horrifying bind that clinging to the wheels of a hurtling aircraft seemed their best option.

America has spent $2trn in Afghanistan; more than 2,000 American lives have been lost, not to mention countless Afghan ones. And yet, even if Afghans are more prosperous now than when America invaded, Afghanistan is back to square one. The Taliban control more of the country than they did when they lost power, they are better armed, having seized the weapons America showered on the Afghan army, and they have now won the ultimate affirmation: defeating a superpower.

No win claimed, I just know exaggeration and bias when I see it.

Trump did the surrender deal with the Taliban and created the conditions on the ground advantageous to his chosen counterparty. Biden probably did about as well as could be expected after 20 years of debacle and failure,Trump's deal and his drawdown kind of handcuffed him, possibly by design.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL blaming Trump. *shaking head*

Typical Whinehole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL blaming Trump. *shaking head*

Typical Whinehole.
    Both bear responsibility, but y'all are just parroting the media feeding frenzy. Biden got us out of a failed nation building effort. Not sure how more air cover would have saved those Marines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both bear responsibility, but y'all are just parroting the media feeding frenzy. Biden got us out of a failed nation building effort. Not sure how more air cover would have saved those Marines.
    Thanks for admitting Bidens administration (I'm really not blaming Biden, he is just a senile puppet) shared responsibility for the bungled withdrawal. Your strawman that it was only about the dead marines is telling, completely ignoring the betrayal of thousands of loyal afghans we promised to get out and left to be purged by the taliban. And yes, air power and appropriate troop levels could have probably kept Kabul from falling and allowing an orderly withdrawal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for admitting Bidens administration (I'm really not blaming Biden, he is just a senile puppet) shared responsibility for the bungled withdrawal. Your strawman that it was only about the dead marines is telling, completely ignoring the betrayal of thousands of loyal afghans we promised to get out and left to be purged by the taliban. And yes, air power and appropriate troop levels could have probably kept Kabul from falling and allowing an orderly withdrawal.
    Still shielding Trump from any accountability whatsoever, I see .

The withdrawal was reasonably orderly and expeditious as military operations go, and I kind of doubt the sincerity of your 11th hour pearl clutching about loyal Afghans who've been trying to emigrate for decades with no sympathy from your crew.

The so-called debacle around this is a narrative pushed by the war lobby with the eager assistance of the media and media parrots like you, whose caution would have kept us there for years and probably would have restarted the war

You can't pull out without pulling it, mission accomplished.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC exagerrates, just looked at the the stat he posted on the previous page -- he was off by a factor of 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No win claimed, I just know exaggeration and bias when I see it.
    Again, what standard are you using to say it was fine?
    Trump did the surrender deal with the Taliban and created the conditions on the ground advantageous to his chosen counterparty. Biden probably did about as well as could be expected after 20 years of debacle and failure,Trump's deal and his drawdown kind of handcuffed him, possibly by design.
    What source of information are you relying on that contradicts what almost all other sources report? Is the Economist biased against Biden?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Responsibility for what? It went fine according to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling balls and strikes, there's no proof for opinions. You guys let yourselves get dragged by the media scrum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda like you did when you kept saying cities were burned down. You were just mindlessly repeating what other right wingers were saying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least you moved on from "that's rich". I guess I did you a favor on that one. Keep it up, you might develop a serviceable vocabulary.
    that's rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    illegal immigration has been a net plus for the Texas economy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So has illegal drug imports. I guess if it has an overall net gain financially it's a good thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So has illegal drug imports. I guess if it has an overall net gain financially it's a good thing.
    Yeah, the war on drugs has needed to take a step wayyy back for a long time now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

oh yeah, #txlege is a real impartial source

Apparently where whinehole gets his talking points for the day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yeah, #txlege is a real impartial source

Apparently where whinehole gets his talking points for the day
    what stats do you take issue with? Carole-Keeton Strayhorn did a state audit about 15 years ago that came to the same conclusion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Gotta love a poster who hides all his sources while holding a shield for Republicans and jeering at Democrats. That's his definition of a moderate centrist.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what stats do you take issue with? Carole-Keeton Strayhorn did a state audit about 15 years ago that came to the same conclusion.
    FYI, the TPPF is a conservative public policy think tank.

https://files.texaspolicy.com/upload...as-Economy.pdf
    https://static.texastribune.org/medi...s_in_Texas.pdf
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-b...troller-study/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Protip: you read the links, CC, you might even find a counterargument or two.

Such is the nature of my biased sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Gotta love a poster who hides all his sources while holding a shield for Republicans and jeering at Democrats. That's his definition of a moderate centrist.)
    coming from someone who called all sources biased, and the withdrawal "fine", then refused to show their sources.

You cannot even make this up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coming from someone who called all sources biased, and the withdrawal "fine", then refused to show their sources.

You cannot even make this up.
    my source for my own opinion there is me, I never claimed to have others. you stand with the media chorus.

vive la difference.

(I hardly see how it could be otherwise, whether any given military operation is a failure or success is somewhat a matter of interpretation. The withdrawal from Afghanistan was of large scale and expeditious, and accompanied by minimal loss of life considering the very chaotic environment.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah you were there. I thought I saw you falling from that plane, while the chaotic exit and 13 dead Marines were obviously well scripted. I mean, I'm wondering what source of information you relied on to come to your conclusion.

The Economist ...

Republicans could have exited Afghanistan without any problems. They never for a second tried to leave but they could have done it better. If they tried. Which they never did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans could have exited Afghanistan without any problems. They never for a second tried to leave but they could have done it better. If they tried. Which they never did
    That's an aside. It does nothing to address the issue of the withdrawal being botched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my source for my own opinion there is me, I never claimed to have others. you stand with the media chorus.

vive la difference.

(I hardly see how it could be otherwise, whether any given military operation is a failure or success is somewhat a matter of interpretation. The withdrawal from Afghanistan was of large scale and expeditious, and accompanied by minimal loss of life considering the very chaotic environment.)
    If you weren't there, how can you possibly form an opinion on how well the withdrawal went?

Thread Information