Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3250
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US citizens expelled by CBP without proof of citizenship.

https://theintercept.com/2021/01/02/...sion-pandemic/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New South Carolina county sheriff ends racist ICE agreement, apologizes to Latino community

Kristin Graziano joins other newly elected sheriffs,

like Gwinnett County’s Sheriff Keybo Taylor in Georgia,

in moving to immediately end this
    flawed policy permitting local law enforcement to act as mass deportation agents.

Immigration Impact said that

Florida has the highest number of 287(g) agreements at nearly 50.

”It surpasses Texas’ 27 agreements,

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/1/7/2006777/-New-South-Carolina-county-sheriff-ends-racist-ICE-agreement-
    apologizes-to-Latino-community

bag Repugs' hole Texas, as racist as ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must've missed all of the illegals storming the capitol yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is straight up thuggery

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is straight up thuggery

This is who we are.

Dehumanization, objectification, terrorizing 'Cruelty Is The Point" -- Adam Serwer

Same with 400K pandemic dead.

Sociopathic America doesn't care, anymore than Americans care about the MIC slaughtering foreigners in their countries for profit.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-18-2021 at 07:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team is scheduled to meet next week

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s wall may soon be forgotten to many, but it is not gone

The imposing anti-immigration barrier still splits many communities, and they must find a way to heal in its shadow.

Their land is sliced in two by the border wall — an 18- to 30-foot-tall barrier that casts a shadow on the estimated 700 acres that her father, Frank Schuster Sr., passed on to her and brother Frank John.

Hundreds of acres are on the southern side.

“Trump rearranged the borderline and that’s the most un-American thing,

because we’re essentially ceding hundreds of acres of land,” said Becky.

“Trump did something Gen. Santa Anna was unable to do — establish the borderline north of the Rio Grande.”

Like many others who use historical cemeteries and nature reserves, or who live in small communities along the border, they’re divided by the wall.

“astonished” that Republicans who talk a good game about protecting private property never stood up to Trump, or for border landowners.

Becky says tearing it down would be “wasteful taxpayer money,” though keeping it also would cost so much in maintenance.

“Nothing really makes sense anymore,”

“The irony is that the placement of the wall actually prevents no one and nothing from entering the United States. It’s no-man’s land,”

“We’ve been caught in a
    political theater, a photo op.”

“If Santa Anna were alive, he’d give Trump a big abrazo [hug]” for seemingly abandoning the new strip along the river, Becky said.

“And Texas, not Mexico, paid for it.”

“We will need to unlock the gate to get back into the United States,” Becky said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immi...it-is-not-gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rome wasn't built in a day, but is still ed up, Joe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A HONDURAN MIGRANT CARAVAN COLLIDES WITH

THE U.S. “VERTICAL BORDER” IN GUATEMALA

The effective U.S. border has not only been pushed south to Central America but has also expanded to fill every space in between.

Crackdowns on migrant caravans in recent years have come amid U.S. pressure on Mexico and Central American countries to stop migrants and asylum-seekers long before they reach the U.S. southern border.

Regional militarization in response to migration increased during the administration of President Donald Trump,

but it was a continuation of bipartisan efforts to contain migration from President Barack Obama’s tenure in office — efforts that will likely continue under Biden.

“Border policies respond to anti-immigration policies that come from up north,”

“These policies have increasingly made countries that expel their own population take action to contain their citizens and others who transit through their countries.”

The stated focus is usually to support efforts to combat drug trafficking, contraband smuggling, or human trafficking in border regions, but governments often blur the lines between human trafficking and irregular migration.

Some analysts argue that the U.S. southern border has been effectively pushed to the Mexico-Guatemala border or other borders farther south.

“The Guatemalan border with Chiapas is now our southern border,”

The issue is not so much that the U.S. border line has been pushed south but that the border has expanded to fill every space in between.

The vertical border is any immigration official, police, military, or other force migrants encounter who blocks their way.”

over time, the concept of the vertical border has become more and more applicable in Guatemala and, to a lesser degree, in Honduras and El Salvador.

While it continued to support border police and enforcement in the region,

the Trump administration also signed a series of bilateral deals with Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador on immigration, border security, and asylum that increased pressure on refugees.

https://theintercept.com/2021/02/02/honduran-migrant-caravan-vertical-border-guatemala

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Race to Dismantle Trump’s Immigration Policies

Trump transformed immigration through hundreds of quiet measures.

Before they can be reversed, they have to be uncovered.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ation-policies

neo-Nazi Stephen Himmler Miller is really pissed off all his racist, xenophobic, ethnic cleansing handiwork is being undone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite Terrible US Economy in 2020
    Workers of Mexican Descent Sent Most Dollars Ever Back to Mexico

The total amount Mexico received in “remittances” — transfers of money by workers of Mexican descent mostly in the US but also other countries to individuals in Mexico —

surged by 11.4% in 2020 to $40.6 billion, the highest ever,

and the eighth year in a row of increases,

https://wolfstreet.com/2021/02/04/de...r-remittances/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former DHS iofficers have accused BPS of covering up in-custody homicides, this case is from 2010

MARIA PUGA HAS been telling the story for more than a decade now. On May 28, 2010, her husband, Anastasio Hernandez Rojas, suffered a brutal and ultimately fatal beating at the hands of U.S. homeland security personnel at the San Ysidro Port of Entry on the southern edge of San Diego.

The father of five was hogtied at a secure facility while at least eight agents and officers from the nation’s three border and immigration enforcement agencies punched and kicked him; a crowd of their colleagues circled around and watched. They knelt on his neck and body. Crying out for help, Hernandez was repeatedly tased while handcuffed. He suffered five broken ribs, internal organ hemorrhage, and bruising on his face and torso. He died of cardiac arrest and brain damage three days later. The coroner’s office ruled the case a homicide. Despite the federal agents erasing the video taken by eyewitnesses, the violent episode was caught on film and broadcast on national television. No agents or officers were punished, let alone charged for the killing. Puga has been protesting ever since.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the years since her husband was killed, Puga said, she has never received a word of condolence from the U.S. government. The only direct communication the family has received from federal prosecutors came in 2015, when the Obama administration told them it was closing its investigation into Hernandez’s death without bringing charges. A public apology thus became a core demand in a historic international case that Puga and her family brought against the United States through the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights in 2016. Last week, they took a major step in that effort, submitting affidavits from three former senior Department of Homeland Security officials directly involved in Hernandez’s case to the commission. Those officials accuse the Border Patrol as well as current and former officials at the highest levels of DHS of engaging in obstruction of justice to protect the agents involved in Hernandez’s death and the reputation of their agency.

This was not an isolated incident, the former officials alleged in the affidavits, which were filed with the commission and shared with The Intercept. Instead, it was emblematic of an entrenched pattern in matters involving the Border Patrol, particularly in cases of lethal force.

The claims came from John Dupuy, the current deputy director at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Enterprise Assessments, who served as assistant inspector general for investigations at DHS inspector general’s office from 2012 to 2015; James Tomsheck, who served as assistant commissioner of Customs and Border Protection Internal Affairs at the time of Hernandez’s killing; and James Wong, the former CBP deputy assistant commissioner for internal affairs, who oversaw the use-of-force investigation into the case.

Together, the three former DHS officials described a staggering miscarriage of justice made possible by a culture of violence and impunity within the Border Patrol and a homeland security oversight system that utterly failed to do its job.
    https://theintercept.com/2021/02/04/...mpunity-iachr/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goes all the way to the top

Without any legal authority, the Border Patrol improperly inserted itself into the Hernandez investigation, destroyed evidence, and used an administrative subpoena, potentially illegally, to obtain Hernandez’s autopsy, Tomsheck and Wong said in their affidavits (administrative subpoenas are meant for immigration cases, not for death investigations). In an 81-page brief filed with the affidavits, attorneys for Hernandez’s family said the subpoena was signed by the Border Patrol’s then-acting deputy chief patrol agent in San Diego Sector, Rodney Scott, who is now the chief of the Border Patrol, responsible for overseeing nearly 20,000 federal agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden so far looks very similar to Obama/Trump vis-a-vis deportation. 26,000 or so people have been deported during the last month.

The 90 day guidance sounds more like a change in tone than policy but what would I know. Is there an immigration attorney in the house?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is different...

Democrats unveil Biden's immigration bill, including an eight-year path to citizenship

Lawmakers and White House officials unveiled sweeping immigration legislation Thursday, including a proposal for a path to citizenship for roughly 11 million migrants living without legal status in the USA.

"We're here today because last November, 80 million Americans voted against Donald Trump and against everything he stood for. They voted to restore common sense, compassion and competence in our government, and part of that mandate is fixing our immigration system," Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., said in a virtual news conference.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/6726804002/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is different...

Democrats unveil Biden's immigration bill, including an eight-year path to citizenship

Lawmakers and White House officials unveiled sweeping immigration legislation Thursday, including a proposal for a path to citizenship for roughly 11 million migrants living without legal status in the USA.

"We're here today because last November, 80 million Americans voted against Donald Trump and against everything he stood for. They voted to restore common sense, compassion and competence in our government, and part of that mandate is fixing our immigration system," Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., said in a virtual news conference.

How is it different from other immigration bills that were not going to pass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is it different from other immigration bills that were not going to pass?
    I think timing and Congress composition is different, plus the political realities in a state like Florida might make this a priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cool story

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is different...

So the Dreamers still here are protected against deportation and are on a LONG path to citizenship

Will the Dems repatriate the Dreamers deported by the sadistic, racist, criminal, psychopathic, extra-Cons utional ICE/CBP?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-19-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “DYING OF COLD”: ICE DETAINEES FREEZING IN SOUTHERN PRISONS

Reports are emerging from ICE detention centers of solitary confinement cells with no heat and

guards blasting fans at detainees complaining of cold.

https://theintercept.com/2021/02/19/ice-detention-cold-freezing-texas-louisiana

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Department of Homeland Security on Tuesday moved to scrap a contract signed at the tail end of the Trump administration that could have allowed a union of deportation officers to stall the implementation of certain immigration policy changes.

The agreement, signed the day before President Biden's inauguration by Ken Cuccinelli, the second-in-command at DHS at the time, gave a union representing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) deportation officers the ability to "indefinitely delay" the implementation of agency policies, according to a whistle-blower complaint filed by the Government Accountability Project.

The complaint, filed earlier this month, said the contract would effectively grant AFGE National ICE Council 118, a 7,500-member organization that twice endorsed former President Donald Trump, "veto authority" over certain policy-making at ICE.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ice-off...land-security/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like something to cancel out of hand. them. Abolish ICE and move the functions back where they used to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mood on a grey winter day

late night mood

Thread Information