Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3250
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you get 25 people into a Ford Expedition?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Drove through a hole cut in border fence

https://news.yahoo.com/crash-kills-1...065740151.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The flood of economic immigrants over the next two years will be the vote killer for democrats on the mid terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The flood of economic immigrants over the next two years will be the vote killer for democrats on the mid terms.
    Wanna bet?

Not sure how we'd measure, but I'm sure you're wrong about this. You've been wrong about this since the Fast and Furious scandal, nobody was tougher on immigration than Obama. Something similar is likely to be true of Biden. He's going to deport a lot of folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With lots of patience...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bag Abbott NEVER stands up for truth, the Gov of slave state TX always inflaming the racists and xenophobes.

"Abbott called on Biden to stop releasing migrant families arriving at the border,

misleadingly tweeting

t
    hat the Democratic administration is “recklessly releasing hundreds of illegal immigrants who have COVID into Texas communities.”

But the U.S.-Mexico border remains closed to many people,

including most migrants and asylum seekers, and

those allowed in are currently tested for COVID-19. "

https://www.axios.com/trans-youth-lgbtq-bill-sports-75aad489-ded5-4e1e-b70a-d0eb22d2d677.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidepoint:

In 2001, John Hunter founded Water Station, a volunteer group that leaves jugs of water in giant plastic drums for dehydrated migrants.

“I was trying to figure out how to stop the deaths,” said Hunter, whose brother Duncan strongly advocated for border wall construction as a congressman.

Super bag Duncan Hunter has a brother who helps illegals? John must be complete polar opposite from tRump pardoned Duchebag Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Biden owns "the stain on our national conscience" too, he just upheld *part* of Trump's Muslim ban. Today it was announced the diversity visa lottery will not be reactivated.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Now Biden owns "the stain on our national conscience" too, he just upheld *part* of Trump's Muslim ban. Today it was announced the diversity visa lottery will not be reactivated.
    I don't think that's true. This just applies to visa recipients who were denied them by the previous admin. Those recipients will have to reapply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's true. This just applies to visa recipients who were denied them by the previous admin. Those recipients will have to reapply.
    You're right, I made a mistake. Only applies to 2017-2020.

Fact remains Biden is choosing not to help thousands of people Trump screwed.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-10-2021 at 01:49 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're right, I made a mistake. Only applies to 2017-2020.

Fact remains Biden is choosing not to help thousands of people Trump screwed.
    I doubt it's without reason. A lot can happen in a year, not to mention 4. Could be difficult to even find the people who applied for visas in 2017.

It does suck, I don't want to sugarcoat it, but there's only so much of the past 4 years that anyone can undo. I'm guessing we can't (or won't) reverse the deportations of DACA recipients under Trump either. But hopefully with enough pressure they'll figure something out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Operation Linebacker failed to make the border any safer or reduce drug supplies. There's little reason to think Operation Lone Star will be much different. It will be another waste of DPS and National Guard resources.

Let's bottom line the effectiveness of Texas' border security measures. DPS and the National Guard aren't immigration enforcers and they score no "apprehensions" following the overwhelming number of do ented "detections" of illegal border crossings (53 out of 113,000). So from a law enforcement perspective, drug enforcement vs. the cartels is the main reason they're down there (even if most of the GOP base fails to grasp the distinction). Jeremy Schwartz at the Austin Statesman (Feb. 27) further demonstrated the futility of that effort when he reported that the DPS surge has had no impact on retail drug prices in Texas, at all, meaning DPS has done nothing to reduce drug supplies and the whole "surge" gambit has been a pointless fiasco.

Indeed, reported Schwartz, drug prices declined during this period, meaning availabilty of drugs increased in response to the DPS surge, or at least in spite of it. This exchange from a recent Texas Senate Finance Committee meeting captured the seldom-spoken reality:
    “Can you sit there and say there’s been a reduction of street drugs in any of our major metropolitan areas?” [state Sen. John] Whitmire continued.

“I can’t say there has been,” [DPS chief Steve] McCraw responded. “The challenge we have now with numbers on street cost, there’s no question that it’s a good indicator of whether we are succeeding or not.”
    Instead, “'We’re not seeing any slowdown in supply,' said Greg Thrash, resident agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration in Austin.' From the wholesale level, (illegal drug prices) are dropping like the price of gas (was).'”

Illegal drugs operate in an unfettered black market and their pricing reflects raw supply and demand. If prices are "dropping," more drug supply is entering the market, meaning DPS' "surge" not only didn't reduce drug trafficking, they presided over its statewide expansion with this misbegotten "Ready, Fire, Aim!" strategy.
    https://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.c...duce-drug.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, criticized the Biden administration’s handling of the border crisis on Friday, telling "Your World" a delegation from the White House neglected to talk to anybody when they visited the region this week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to “shot them at border” ducks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to “shot them at border” ducks?
    Nuke would be better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuke would be better
    Got it, shoot brown people on sight.

Watch out ducks, next in line are those with bad English speaking/writing skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says they are brown people ?
    Warn them 10 days and then do it!

Giving other countries 4 billion dollars and others to fix their issues over their is stupid
    They have corrrupt leaders and it will do not good
    Secure the boarder come legally or not at all
    Do you want the USA to be a third world country ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says they are brown people ?
    Warn them 10 days and then do it!

Giving other countries 4 billion dollars and others to fix their issues over their is stupid
    They have corrrupt leaders and it will do not good
    Secure the boarder come legally or not at all
    Do you want the USA to be a third world country ?
    Trump is a corrupt leader and he is no longer in power.

Who is this “boarder” that we must secure? Do they live in a nice apartment?

USA got rid of trump, its 3rd world leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're still concentration camps.

Keeping children more than three days and refusing to let them call their relatives or see their lawyers is the very same contempt for law and human beings that characterized the immigration policy of Obama and Trump.

Hundreds of immigrant children and teenagers have been detained at a Border Patrol tent facility in packed conditions, with some sleeping on the floor because there aren’t enough mats, according to nonprofit lawyers who conduct oversight of immigrant detention centers.

The lawyers interviewed more than a dozen children Thursday in Donna, Texas, where the Border Patrol is holding more than 1,000 people. Some of the youths told the lawyers they had been at the facility for a week or longer, despite the agency’s three-day limit for detaining children. Many said they haven’t been allowed to phone their parents or other relatives who may be wondering where they are.

Despite concerns about the coronavirus, the children are kept so closely together that they can touch the person next to them, the lawyers said. Some have to wait five days or more to shower, and there isn’t always soap available, just shampoo, according to the lawyers.

President Joe Biden’s administration denied the lawyers access to the tent facility. During the administration of former President Donald Trump, attorney visits to Border Patrol stations revealed severe problems, including dozens of children held at one rural station without adequate food, water, or soap.

“It is pretty surprising that the administration talks about the importance of transparency and then won’t let the attorneys for children set eyes on where they’re staying,” said Leecia Welch of the National Center for Youth Law, one of the lawyers. “I find that very disappointing.”
    https://apnews.com/article/immigrati...873927171f2e29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On March 2, the Donna complex was holding more than 1,800 people — 729% of its pandemic-era capacity, which is designed for 250 migrants, according to an internal CBP do ent reviewed by CBS News.
    "There was a staggering amount of very young children," she said.

Many of the children were visibly emotional, Desai said, especially siblings of different genders who had been separated and placed in distinct sections of the Donna facility. The young detainees, Desai said, also reported not having access to outside activities. She said the children told her "about how they never saw the sun."

"One of them shared that he could only see the sun when he showered, because you can see the sun through the window," Desai said, noting the children raised this issue during their interviews outside the CBP facility.

The minors Desai spoke to also said they had been denied phone calls to communicate with family members. "They were hysterically crying, wanting to talk to their family," she said.

"We appreciate the extraordinary challenge that the government faces in undoing the damage of the prior administration's immigration policies," Desai said. "That said, it is deeply concerning to see young children in facilities for days on end, unable to take a shower, call their families or see the sunlight."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant...ed-conditions/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden officials who spoke Friday to reporters on the condition that their names not be published said they are working urgently to accelerate the release of the minors to parents and other relatives living in the United States, but this week they have increased their shelter capacity by only about 200 beds.

The refugee office of HHS, which is responsible for taking custody of the minors while eligible sponsors are identified and vetted, is currently receiving three times more teens and children than the number it's releasing, internal figures show.
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx8m...cret-clearance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a statement Friday, DHS and HHS announced a new memorandum the agencies said would promote "the safe and expeditious transfer and care" of unaccompanied children by more quickly placing them with relatives or parents already living in the United States. This replaces a previous information-sharing agreement the agencies blamed for having a chilling effect on the willingness of undo ented family members to claim unaccompanied children for fear of being deported.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The number of migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border shot up to more than 4,200 per day this week, nearly double the volume in January, the most recent statistics show. CBP is on pace to make more than 120,000 arrests and detentions in March, which would make it one of the busiest months in recent decades.

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas sent out a call earlier this week to other DHS agencies for volunteers to assist CBP with what he called "an overwhelming number of migrants seeking access to this country along the Southwest Border."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for the land mines!

Thread Information