Page 69 of 132 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3281
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Border Patrol checkpoint in New Hampshire, just as international students are arriving at Dartmouth College:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/loc...25736ad0f.html
    While American children can't get in Dartmouth College. I don't know for a fact, but, I bet American children can't get into (their) pristine colleges, if the holes have any such college.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thom Tillis Learns The Cost Of His Blind Loyalty to Trump

Senator Tillis' support for Trump's reckless border wall emergency declaration has now come at a cost --

over $80 million in federal funds are being diverted from military construction projects in North Carolina to the border wall.

Today, Morning Joe delivered a brutal takedown of Tillis and his undying loyalty to Trump:

Meanwhile, the

Charlotte Observer editorial board published a sharp rebuke of Tillis for allowing

Trump to gut funding to the state’s military bases,

and for politicizing hurricane preparations.

Moreover,

he remained silent as

Trump drained money from FEMA ahead of the hurricane that is now battering the Carolinas.

The senator hasn’t responded to the criticism.

supporting whatever reckless policy Trump advances, no matter the consequences.

But North Carolina, like Tillis, is starting to learn the cost of his unquestioning loyalty.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...paign=trending

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Trump voters horrified to discover they’re about to be on the wrong side of his campaign promise

Menard learned this past June that the federal government plans to build a 30-foot-tall barrier right in her backyard within the next year

“I never thought they’d go through a subdivision,”

Trump’s wall will divide the local River Bend Resort and Golf Club, which is a living community for older adults, in half.

“About 70 percent of the community — some 200 properties — would be stranded south of the barricade but north of the river,”

Olsen tells the Times that he may vote for Trump again in 2020.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/tex..._campaign=1252

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While American children can't get in Dartmouth College. I don't know for a fact, but, I bet American children can't get into (their) pristine colleges, if the holes have any such college.
    Discouraging the best in the world from attending our best universities because, nativism.

Smdh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Discouraging the best in the world from attending our best universities because, nativism.

Smdh.
    As long as every American child gets in there first. Yes, absolutely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sucks but my only question is, why has she been here for 20 yrs while never applying for citizenship? she had past admins who weren't adamant about our border and could've gone through the process then but but but... here we are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agreed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No New School at Fort Campbell:

The Money Went to Trump’s Border Wall

For almost two decades, families at Fort Campbell, the sprawling Army base along the Kentucky-Tennessee border, have borne the brunt of the country’s war efforts as a steady clip of

troops with the 101st Airborne Division and

from Special Operations units

deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq.

the families discovered that they would not get the new middle school they were expecting

so that President Trump could build his border wall.

The school is on the
    list of 127 projects, touching nearly every facet of American military life, that will be suspended to shift $3.6 billion to the wall.

The Pentagon’s decision to divert $62.6 million from the construction of Fort Campbell’s middle school means that 552 students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades will continue to cram themselves in, 30 to a classroom in some cases, at the base’s aging Mahaffey Middle School.

Teachers at Mahaffey will continue to use mobile carts to store their books, lesson plans and homework assignments because there is

not enough classroom space.

Students stuffed into makeshift classrooms-within-classrooms will continue to strain to figure out which lesson to listen to and which one to filter out.

And since the cafeteria at Mahaffey is not big enough to seat everyone at lunchtime, some

students will continue to eat in the school library.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/05/us/trump-border-wall-military-families.html

"Thank You For Your Service"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    “In 22 years of patrolling our Southern Border, I have never seen Mexico act like a true Border Security Partner until President Trump got involved, and now they are stepping up to the plate and doing what they need to do.” Brandon Judd, National Border Patrol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's wall is officially a flop: Even Fox News now calls his big campaign promise a mistake

Not a single mile of wall has been built. And even Trump's allies are beginning to back away from the whole fiasco

Despite staking his entire presidential campaign on the promise that

he would build a "big, beautiful wall" on the U.S.- Mexico border and

would make Mexico pay for it, so far,

all his administration has been able to accomplish is the

replacement of about 60 miles of dilapidated, existing barriers with new fencing.

While Trump’s war on immigration has seen a clampdown on
    legal immigration by war refugees, asylum-seekers and high-tech workers,

his battle against illegal immigration has proven fruitless.

His wall is officially a flop.

https://www.salon.com/2019/09/09/tru...ise-a-mistake/

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fine. We shouldn't take in those refugees until birthright citizenship is changed. Also we might dodge refugee trash like ilhan Omar.

Missing out on high tech workers is unfortunate though.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "More than 100 workers attended a job fair Monday morning in this rural Mississippi town to apply for positions made available, in part, by the largest workplace immigration raid to hit a single state in U.S. history."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ct-immigrants/

That's strange because I was told Americans don't want the jobs. The black American in the article tried to get a job 4 times from this company. Perhaps he go the job now that he wasn't getting undercut by illegal immigrants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not how meritocracy works, hoss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread:

The USA benefits greatly from the cream of other countries who study here.

It enhances our ins utional prestige that go getters from other countries want to come here for advanced degree specialization, and to contribute to our universities and indeed, the broader society, while they're here.

Many decide to stay: they want to live here.

Discouraging the best qualified foreign applicants is surely folly, maestro. Very short sighted.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been gone for two days. Probably headed to the reading room again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread:

The USA benefits greatly from the cream of other countries who study here.

It enhances our ins utional prestige that go getters from other countries want to come here for advanced degree specialization, and to contribute to our universities and indeed, the broader society, while they're here.

Many decide to stay: they want to live here.

Discouraging the best qualified foreign applicants is surely folly, maestro. Very short sighted.
    tech, science, medical research reports show South and East Asian researchers are the backbone of American research.

America making college education so expensive as to be out of reach, or financially disastrous for those who borrow, is fundamental to the dumbing down of America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HUGE win for all y'all's racist / xenophobic HATE, y'all

Supreme Court says Trump administration can begin denying migrants’ asylum while legal fight continues

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-says-trump-administration-can-begin-denying-migrants-asylum-while-legal-fight-continues/2019/09/11/94b90da4-d017-11e9-8c1c-7c8ee785b855_story.html?arc404=true&noredirect=on

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. denies protective status to Bahamas hurricane evacuees

The United States will not give temporary protected immigration status to people from the Bahamas who evacuated after the archipelago was battered by a Category 5 hurricane

The status would have allowed Bahamians to live and work in the United States

while their country recovers from the worst hurricane in its history.

The United States has a long history of granting the status to refugees of wars and natural disasters, with over 300,000 people from around 10 countries currently living in the United States under the program.

“The Bahamians impacted by Hurricane Dorian are facing a humanitarian crisis, and the American government, international partners and private organizations continue to support them with aid and services.

At this time, we do not plan to invoke Temporary Protected Status for those currently in the United States,”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-storm-dorian-immigration-bahamas/u-s-denies-protective-status-to-bahamas-hurricane-evacuees-idUSKCN1VW2OS?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

Trash/Miller: "non-white, non-American, 'em. Too many knitters already"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DHS denies public access to immigration proceedings.

what does DHS trying to hide?

https://www.texasobserver.org/immigr...tocols-mexico/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Administration Is Not Funding Legal Aid In 3 Migrant Children’s Shelters

Immigrant advocates say the government is legally required to provide these services.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/legal-aid-immigrant-children-shelters_n_5d72c98be4b0fde50c2657ed

As with bag Repugs dubya and head, the Trash keeps coming so fast and in such volume that it's impossible to keep up and stay engaged in opposition.

The Trash/Miller/Repug/MoscowMitch storm is unstoppable, even if the Dems tried, which they don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tomi Lahren goes full Wild Cobra:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump fired us 'so they wouldn’t catch him,' his undo ented workers tell Samantha Bee

she worked at Donald Trump’s New Jersey golf resort for years without any issues. “I was his personal housekeeper,”

“When I got there I asked the supervisor, ‘Do we need papers here?’”
    she told host Samantha Bee.

“And she says, ‘No, no, it doesn’t matter.

But in 2016, they started asking for do ents.

And then my manager told me, ‘This guy will take you somewhere where they make those papers.’”

She was then given $175 for the fake do ents, and continued working.

the mass firings began. “He got rid of us,” another former worker told Bee.

“For what? So they wouldn’t catch him having illegal workers.”

she worked alongside Morales but has since gained legal status, said,

“We speak with proof.

We have payrolls.

We have that we paid taxes without benefits.”

Other workers
    have corroborated this exploitation, saying

they saw co-workers being given benefits that they were routinely denied.

“When he called us ‘immigrant rapists,’

the supervisor would say, ‘Good, good, that’s nice because immigrants are no good. Garbage.’”

She said that immigrants who even thought of speaking out were threatened with deportation.

“Donald Trump and the Trump Organization,” immigration attorney David Leopold told Bee, “are

running and engaging in a multi-state criminal conspiracy.

You’re talking about forced labor and coercion,

you’re talking about trafficking.

The penalties for those types of crimes, you’re talking 20 years in prison.

By the way, the Trump Organization is not this vast organization.

We’re talking about Donald Trump,

we’re talking about Ivanka,

we’re talking about Eric.”

“Well, that I don’t know. Because I don’t run it”—but that’s a lie, because he’s sung their praises in the past.

"’You know, the truth is

I have a lot of illegals working for me in Miami,” he told a group of Dreamers in 2013.

’You know in Miami, my golf course is tended by all these Hispanics—

if it wasn't for them my lawn wouldn't be the lawn it is; it's the best lawn.”

since Victorina and Sandra bravely spoke out,

over 40 more workers have also stepped forward.

“America’s economy is dependent on immigrants, and even someone who hates immigrants as much as Trump can’t run his businesses without them.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/13/1885119/-Trump-fired-us-so-they-wouldn-t-catch-him-his-undo ented-workers-tell-Samantha-Bee?detail=emaildkre

Thread Information