Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White had a great defensive game until he got lax the last 2-3 minutes on the threes.

He's a good defender. Compared to Mills and DeRozan and Forbes, he's incredible.

But he's not Kawhi, and he's not even Danny Green.

If Pop had matched White's minutes to Harden in the first half they would have had a double digit lead to start the third.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is the only healthy guard we have that’s good at D
    A 6'4 midget being your only real wing defender is just sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the OP was talking about the type of rash he has on his ass tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the type of game where we needed Gasol. He was great in 2017 just hanging out in the paint (Rockets never bother to pull up) and crashing the boards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see any problem with White. One of our future pieces for sure.
    Future scrub piece, I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a decent role player right now, pretty good defender and all-around game, but his horrendous scoring ability is evident..he's just a non-factor in that facet of the game, which hurts in today's league..
    Truth nuke. There’s no basketball anymore, so White has no place in this league tbh.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AQZ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real damage was done by whoever was guarding Capela.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is a solid all around player that needs to be able to knock down those open 3’s at a solid clip to become a good role player. I think that should be an easy issue to fix with him if he puts in the work.

He reminds me of a smaller but not not afraid to shoot Kyle Anderson like a few people have already stated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the type of game where we needed Gasol. He was great in 2017 just hanging out in the paint (Rockets never bother to pull up) and crashing the boards.
    this

He is above average in athleticism, passing, on court offensive awareness, and defending. He fits in the 'if only he can shoot' category. If he can learn to shoot off an interior catch and shoot, he will be a role player for any team for years to come.
    and this. His offense should come along as he progresses. Everywhere he played he averaged 18+ so I think it's more of a confidence issue and picking his spots. The ability is there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call, ever since this thread white has really emerged and Forbes is playing well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good call, ever since this thread white has really emerged and Forbes is playing well
    Forbes has played well all season, but especially lately in part due to White. White's size, sneaky athleticism and play making has allowed him to flourish.
    If white continues this type of play the Spurs will have a pleasant delimina next year on how to combine these gaurds

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has looked better. Offensively it’s like Black and White where it was a week ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White trash.

White and Forbes should not be on the floor at the end of any meaningful game. White shrinks under the big lights and Forbes is a liability on defense.
    Come get your mans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is playing with confidence now. Amazing how that changes your game.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    LongtimeDip imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Close the net - hurry! We caught all the bad takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol at OP And these dumb ass no basketball knowing mufawkus in this thread. I said all along white was a good point guard because he is controlled and he is very smart.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep people people like TheGreat were saying he is a scrub which was wrong he has been and will be a good player. I am glad some posters who said he was a bad pick are coming around you know who you are. Lol
    finqllyb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this
    His offense should come along as he progresses. Everywhere he played he averaged 18+ so I think it's more of a confidence issue and picking his spots. The ability is there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Harlem's stupid take amongst all the other dumbasses in this thread. LOL

White is playing with confidence now. Amazing how that changes your game.
    Yeah, it's like he's a 2nd year player, who has limited experience at the NBA level and had a foot injury at the beginning of the season that contributed to his slow offensive start...

Weird how injuries, lack of experience and rust can negatively affect a young players' confidence. Hmm...

Close the net - hurry! We caught all the bad takes.
    Just the usual cast of dumbasses making premature claims without context, thought or perspective.

It'll be fun problem to have when Pop has three young, talented guards to go to next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Harlem's stupid take amongst all the other dumbasses in this thread. LOL

Yeah, it's like he's a 2nd year player, who has limited experience at the NBA level and had a foot injury at the beginning of the season that contributed to his slow offensive start...

Weird how injuries, lack of experience and rust can negatively affect a young players' confidence. Hmm...

Just the usual cast of dumbasses making premature claims without context, thought or perspective.

It'll be fun problem to have when Pop has three young, talented guards to go to next season.
    How was that a stupid take? His offense was terrible up until recently..his 3-point shooting was in the 20s and his offensive RPM was around -2..

The fact that he's recently improved doesn't change what was happening at the time of my post, I know that's a difficult concept for some of you it's literally a fact that the Spurs' offense was worse when he was on the floor..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently not many are too familiar with the game. If anyone noticed, White was due for some progression to the mean with his shooting. Within his first 45 attempts from 3 he had MANY " good misses".

What do I mean by good misses? If you've played the game and were ever a good shooter -- you know I'm referring to back irons & in and outs. Derrick had A LOT of these.

Not only this, but early on Pop had him on a very short leash -- which made him play too careful to not make mistakes and took away his aggression. Combine that with the fact that he had just came back from an injury to where he was off his feet for a month -- which can derail a few degrees of a players confidence.

After watching him closely for over a year, and considering the aspects I just outlined, I knew it was just a matter of time for him to come around with his shooting & confident aggression. Hes a very talented and very smart player on both ends. The best guard we have outside of DeRozan on the active roster.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 01-02-2019 at 09:40 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man some of y'all should just watch and not comment because it's obvious you don't know basketball. White does something no one on this team does he plays D. there were times when Harden would give Kawhi and Danny 40+. White did what he could and did it well offensive rebounds lost the game.
    We have a winner!!!!!!

Thread Information