Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could not tell if Marco got mugged or they took it without fouling
    He tried to flop like he does on every play, they didn't call it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted it on another thread but I guess we're discussing it here.

Can somebody kindly explain to Pop that when he puts a player on the backcourt but the ball gets inbounded into the frontcourt you will easily get doubled and playing 4 on 5 because the guy on the backcourt can't receive a pass? Will be much appreciated, thank you.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is losing his marbles, right? Many Sr's do strange they NEVER did when the Grey Matter Decays
    And others never had any working gray matter at any point in their lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted it on another thread but I guess we're discussing it here.
    twice I’ve seen that and both created turnovers tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans come up with strange complaints sometimes, tbh. Spurs get the ball into their best free throw shooter when the other team needs to foul and that is somehow considered bad coaching, ha.

Can somebody kindly explain to Pop that when he puts a player on the backcourt but the ball gets inbounded into the frontcourt you will easily get doubled and playing 4 on 5 because the guy on the backcourt can't receive a pass? Will be much appreciated, thank you.
    1. The guy in the backcourt can receive the pass. That's allowed.

2. The Suns had someone defending Bertans in the backcourt so it wasn't 4-on-5.

3. Every team does it that way now because it's easier inbounding 4-on-4 compared to 5-on-5.

The only problem with that play tonight was Belinelli made the mistake of turning his back on the action and trapped himself between the halfcourt line and two defenders. He had Gay and Aldridge wide open if he just stood there and didn't panic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. The guy in the backcourt can receive the pass. That's allowed.
    It is allowed if you inbound the ball directly to the guy on the backcourt, it isn't allowed once the ball gets inbounded first to the frontcourt, which is what I said.

2. The Suns had someone defending Bertans in the backcourt so it wasn't 4-on-5.
    Yeah, and against OKC George was guarding White on the backcourt but then he came quickly to double team knowing that White was a no threat to receive a pass from Belinelli. Same that happened tonight.

3. Every team does it that way now because it's easier inbounding 4-on-4 compared to 5-on-5.
    It is a dumb play that will probably die out with time.

The only problem with that play tonight was Belinelli made the mistake of turning his back on the action and trapped himself between the halfcourt line and two defenders. He had Gay and Aldridge wide open if he just stood there and didn't panic.
    It is difficult to not panic when you are being double teamed and you have the midcourt line and the out of bounds as extra defenders. It's just a dumb play. There are plenty others that are way more effective. No reason to keep falling for the same self-inflicted trap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is allowed if you inbound the ball directly to the guy on the backcourt, it isn't allowed once the ball gets inbounded first to the frontcourt, which is what I said.
    If Belinelli doesn't tumble, flop and turn his back to the play, he also would have had Bertans wide open too running in from the backcourt to make it a 5-on-4 advantage. Blame is on Belinelli, tbh.

That's twice now so it's probably time to stop trusting him in those situations even though he's the team's best free throw shooter.

Yeah, and against OKC George was guarding White on the backcourt but then he came quickly to double team knowing that White was a no threat to receive a pass from Belinelli. Same that happened tonight.
    Not the same because the double didn't come from the backcourt.

It is a dumb play that will probably die out with time.
    Disagree. It opens the court up while creating more space and less chaos.

It is difficult to not panic when you are being double teamed and you have the midcourt line and the out of bounds as extra defenders. It's just a dumb play. There are plenty others that are way more effective. No reason to keep falling for the same self-inflicted trap.
    Belinelli just had to stand there for an extra second and he would have had his pick of three open players. The problem was he tried to flop for the foul and turned his back on the action while doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bad play... The greatest coach in the game shouldn't be making that mistake multiple times... He gets so stubborn sometimes to prove that he is right.... I guarantee if we end up in that situation again, he will do the same thing until it works and he is vindicated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Belinelli doesn't tumble, flop and turn his back to the play, he also would have had Bertans wide open too running in from the backcourt to make it a 5-on-4 advantage. Blame is on Belinelli, tbh.
    By the time Bertans got past midcourt, Belinelli was already ed.

That's twice now so it's probably time to stop trusting him in those situations even though he's the team's best free throw shooter.
    Yeah, I remember the Spurs doing this play with Manu and Manu not ing up, still, there are other less risky plays to run, tbh.

Not the same because the double didn't come from the backcourt.
    You are right, but that's just another proof of how many things can go wrong with that play.

Disagree. It opens the court up while creating more space and less chaos.
    It's a riskier play than other out of bounds plays.

-You can get double from the guy in the backcourt before your teammate makes it to the frontcourt.
    -You can get double from the guy guarding the inbound without having an angle to pass it back to the inbounder.
    -And the midcourt line and the out of bounds lines work as extra defenders.

Like I said, there are other less risky plays to run.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually the worst in the league. Never in history have I seen such god awful late game coaching. Cost Tim a ring back in 2013

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually the worst in the league. Never in history have I seen such god awful late game coaching. Cost Tim a ring back in 2013
    Too much stupidity in your posts, man.

You have literally zero empirical data to back up your baseless, uninformed claim.

Secondly, missed free throws by Ginobili, Kawhi & Manu trying to flop instead of fighting for a rebound cost them in '13.

Terrible execution by the players, in particular Patty & Jakob on defense, cost the team this winnable game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You have literally zero empirical data to back up your baseless, uninformed claim.

Secondly, missed free throws by Ginobili, Kawhi & Manu trying to flop instead of fighting for a rebound cost them in '13.

Terrible execution by the players, in particular Patty & Jakob on defense, cost the team this winnable game.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stfu you vanilla got. Guess Tim sat himself on the bench to allow Bosh an easy rebound. SMD Popsucker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course JPaco comes in on his burro to defend the old man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth nuke. ST gots can't handle the truth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a combination of poor coaching and low IQ basketball players that can't execute. He's just an average head coach but his players make him out to be worse than he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many victories will Grandpa give away this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stfu you vanilla got. Guess Tim sat himself on the bench to allow Bosh an easy rebound. SMD Popsucker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the nuke

Thread Information