Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you something not nearly black enough.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    how long was marvin lewis' egg timer?

but seriously, i think timing was right for firing lewis. i was a proponent of his for the last couple of seasons, but i think now its beyond clear that his time had come

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

rex ryan is about to get a third HC job

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    gase overachieved tbh, though his use of kenyan drake/frank gore this past season was puzzling. there's no doubt he should land on his feet. i dont think a green bay reunion is out of the question, though i also think he should get a look in cleveland.

he was dealt the ryan tannehill hand, a below average qb who plays just well enough to convince the team it's not worth restarting at the position, and it's not like he had loaded defenses to make up for it. plus dealt with jay cutler as the interim qb . also had quite poor surrounding casts on offense. only legit talent he had was jarvis landry, but he was a checkdown machine. the FO blew a first round pick on devante parker and their cap space load on julius thomas
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-31-2018 at 05:18 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the biggest joke is the rumor that Hue Jackson is in line to take over for cincinnati.

i was a big Hue fan. was disappointed with how his oakland tenure ended, and i had high hopes for him in cleveland. i even vouched for him here coming off the 1-31 start . but he has no business being a HC in the NFL right now. that's a complete joke.

super whining about minority coaches not getting a fair shake while constantly demanding the panthers fire rivera. and if they did, is super gonna be thrilled if they hired some like wilkes or vance joseph?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    It really puts the black in black Monday

(I should be careful though; Chump Lite gonna come around telling me how racist I am for laughing at that)

Message to black coaches: if you don’t wanna get fired, stop sucking. Lewis had a job for 16 years despite being the poster boy for mediocrity; racism is not the issue here

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I personally don't give a about how black coaches are in the NFL whether be 2, 32, or even zero. This isn't anything that I'm losing sleep over.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Broncos hired Vic Fangio as head coach and Gary Kubiak is coming back to the sidelines to run their offense. i like fangio a lot, and having a former head coach be is o-coordinator makes a lot of sense, as this is Fangio's first HC job and Kubiak can help him out. but i didnt see the need here. we know fangio is a great defensive coordinator, but is he really going to improve the broncos D substantially? or is he that much better of a lead decision maker than vance joseph? (no experience on that front). i think fangio should have gone somewhere with a good offense in place but needed a defensive overhaul. green bay would have been a nice fit imo.

Browns promoted Freddie Kitchens to head coach and let Gregg Williams go. kitchens had never even been a coordinator before midway last season, so this feels rushed. but they are rightfully prioritizing mayfield's development, and they obviously have good rapport.

Todd Bowles mulling between coordinating the Bears D or Bucs D. if he wants to rehab his image and get a head coaching gig, just go to chicago, where the defense is guaranteed to be good anyway. would be the same move del rio made, when he took over as d-coordinator for the stacked broncos after getting canned by the jaguars. he'd also have total autonomy with nagy being the offensive minded head coach there. why voluntarily go to the dysfunctional bucs with less talent?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

gotta make more room for unaccomplished white retreads, smh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Broncos hired Vic Fangio as head coach and Gary Kubiak is coming back to the sidelines to run their offense. i like fangio a lot, and having a former head coach be is o-coordinator makes a lot of sense, as this is Fangio's first HC job and Kubiak can help him out. but i didnt see the need here. we know fangio is a great defensive coordinator, but is he really going to improve the broncos D substantially? or is he that much better of a lead decision maker than vance joseph? (no experience on that front). i think fangio should have gone somewhere with a good offense in place but needed a defensive overhaul. green bay would have been a nice fit imo.

Browns promoted Freddie Kitchens to head coach and let Gregg Williams go. kitchens had never even been a coordinator before midway last season, so this feels rushed. but they are rightfully prioritizing mayfield's development, and they obviously have good rapport.

Todd Bowles mulling between coordinating the Bears D or Bucs D. if he wants to rehab his image and get a head coaching gig, just go to chicago, where the defense is guaranteed to be good anyway. would be the same move del rio made, when he took over as d-coordinator for the stacked broncos after getting canned by the jaguars. he'd also have total autonomy with nagy being the offensive minded head coach there. why voluntarily go to the dysfunctional bucs with less talent?
    I really don’t like the Fangio/Kubiak dynamic because Fangio is going to be looking over his shoulder at the guy who won a super bowl in Denver and has a great relationship with the GM.

My guess is that Bowles took the Tampa job because he’ll have more freedom and authority to run his defense than he would have had in Chicago, that’s effectively what he was allowed to do in AZ with Arians.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

Thread Information