Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should also be doing instant run off elections so people can vote for 3rd party candidates without worrying their vote doesn’t count, unfortunately the Democrats and Republicans are both equally against that because it would destroy our bull two party system where politicians have no accountability.
    Yea, most of the things in this plan will never happen. Neither establishment Dems or Republicans would support a lot of the election reform.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand this; but I agree with it.
    Is this a jab at your avatar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a jab at your avatar?
    You can’t possibly be this stupid?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t possibly be this stupid?
    Will you let him answer? I'm already in trouble assuming stuff and it's only Jan 3rd. If it is a jab at his avatar - very subtle, very nice.

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Will you let him answer? I'm already in trouble assuming stuff and it's only Jan 3rd. If it is a jab at his avatar - very subtle, very nice.
    So you just are that stupid

also, "subtle"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you just are that stupid

also, "subtle"
    are you a grammatarian? i'll leave you something to edit pls let him anser

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll add that Skeletor'sGirlfriend's grammar/punctuation is perfect - unusual to see proper use of the semicolon. That's why I asked - maybe something's hidden there or I'm over-reading - but no assumptions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iow, overthrow the Cons ution?
    It's archaic by 200 years, badly written (eg, 2nd amendment), and perverted, weaponized by conservatives to serve their political ends.

It's not a democratic do ent, written by wealthy white slave owners, the oligarchy of the time, and excludes women, blacks, Indians from political life.

It also assume too much "good faith" and currently USA is full of very "bad faith" people go rig, game govt for their own wealth and power.

No worry, your beloved Cons ution is safe.

The oligarchy will block any new Cons ution, and any Amendments, that diminish the oligarchy's wealth and power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a re ed gook
    shrug - I've been called worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a re ed gook

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's archaic by 200 years, badly written (eg, 2nd amendment), and perverted, weaponized by conservatives to serve their political ends.

It's not a democratic do ent, written by wealthy white slave owners, the oligarchy of the time, and excludes women, blacks, Indians from political life.

It also assume too much "good faith" and currently USA is full of very "bad faith" people go rig, game govt for their own wealth and power.

No worry, your beloved Cons ution is safe.

The oligarchy will block any new Cons ution, and any Amendments, that diminish the oligarchy's wealth and power.
    That's 3 of the dreaded "O" word - can't you find another word for the new year? That badly written do ent has overseen perhaps the greatest 200 years of prosperity ever.

The whole first part of that New Green Deal involves taking from those who have and redistributing it. Do you think people are going to stand for that? I've seen it happen in Jamaica in the late 1970s. The Prime Minister, Michael Manley, got very close to Fidel Castro and resulted in the hollowing out of Jamaica's middle and upper class. Everyone with anything left - homes/buildings sold at basement bargain prices. The money and intellect left and went to Miami, New York or Toronto - leaving a huge gap and all the poor who couldn't afford to get out - not a pretty sight - inflation skyrocketed (believe it or not, I remember when a Jamaican dollar was worth more than an American dollar - now it's $128 JA to $1 US).

Beyond the theft (because that's what it is), it does no one any good to be handed anything - that decreases motivation to strive and creates ill-will among families, population, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Making election day a holiday is a good idea

The rest of that manifesto is garbage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure you’ve said dumber things to deserve it.
    Well, looking at his 2 previous posts now - yep, dumb. But from my pov, it would have been really SUBTLE and sarcastic :-)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuance doesn't work on a message board.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So we're pretending this is the legislative agenda of all Democrats?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, if he really doesn't understand, maybe someone should explain. He won't like my explanation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first section reminds me of the America Works program from house of cards

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're pretending this is the legislative agenda of all Democrats?
    Nope, just the one most of you seem to think will bring out the Dem (base) and youngsters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before this green stuff, Dems must defeat NP's Pay-Go crap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as for forgiving all student loan debt, i think that's absurd.

i do think interest rates on them are absurd, and perhaps have the govt subsidize the interest portions and let debtors at least pay off the principal

student loans should be interest free loans issued by the government, imo. its in the government's interest to have an educated populace. i dont think college should be "free for all" because you have a lot of ups just wasting time in college with no real ambition to graduate but just want 6 years of "the college experience." a good compromise could be the first 2 years or something, with the rest being on loans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My OLD dem friends will think the same way about this as they did about Bernie, iow - , no.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope, just the one most of you seem to think will bring out the Dem (base) and youngsters.
    You seem like an idiot speaking for other people you don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem like an idiot speaking for other people you don't know.
    I'm repeating what others have said here - specifically WHu who wants a progressive - not Biden/establishment type. I'm starting to hope for the (Dem) establishment type in case he/she wins - couldn't stomach a progressive.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm repeating what others have said here - specifically WHu who wants a progressive - not Biden/establishment type. I'm starting to hope for the (Dem) establishment type in case he/she wins - couldn't stomach a progressive.
    It will be just like any similar factional wish list. Some good and practical stuff will make it to the wider party and then get stuck in gridlock while the other side fear mongers the more radical stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before this green stuff, Dems must defeat NP's Pay-Go crap
    Sign me up for this Pay-Go. Time for those (incoming) moderate Dems to follow through.

Thread Information