Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign me up for this Pay-Go. Time for those (incoming) moderate Dems to follow through.
    I suppose you were a huge cheerleader for Repugs adding $2T to the debt, SO FAR, and Repugs defunding, crippling govt for 8+ years.

but now the House is in Dem spending power, you want Pay-Go.

Goddamn, you're ing stupid

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sign me up for this Pay-Go. Time for those (incoming) moderate Dems to follow through.
    lol you never cared about Pay-Go. Why now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol you never cared about Pay-Go. Why now?
    I didn't even know what it was - just googled it. Some on this board (not necessarily you) think that people on either side are gung-ho for EVERY thing that their party(/new green deal) does. As this page shows, not so. I believe that the government should spend less than they bring in - just like I do.

And we should start by getting our own house in order (taking care of our own) before inviting anyone else in. And before someone claims I'm racist - I've got nothing against the (brown) Indian PHDs who populate Google or (black) Nigerians who know English and are net contributors (instead of drains - in case you haven't noticed how high your property taxes [education], health/auto insurances are).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I didn't even know what it was - just googled it. Some on this board (not necessarily you) think that people on either side are gung-ho for EVERY thing that their party(/new green deal) does. As this page shows, not so. I believe that the government should spend less than they bring in - just like I do.
    Sorry, I never saw you clamoring for a balanced budget or running a surplus to pay down debt under Trump.

Maybe you could show a link to that.

And we should start by getting our own house in order (taking care of our own) before inviting anyone else in. And before someone claims I'm racist - I've got nothing against the (brown) Indian PHDs who populate Google or (black) Nigerians who know English and are net contributors (instead of drains - in case you haven't noticed how high your property taxes [education], health/auto insurances are).
    It doesn't work like that. I have no idea why people think a government can't address more than one issue at a time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I never saw you clamoring for a balanced budget or running a surplus to pay down debt under Trump.

Maybe you could show a link to that.

It doesn't work like that. I have no idea why people think a government can't address more than one issue at a time.
    I recognized that Trump had to get the economy going - deregulation, etc and it's in a pretty good place now (see below). Trump doesn't believe in en lement reform. I do - it's just like the FL pension/COLA adjustment - yes, some pain but a necessity to save the whole system (unlike CA - see history below). Better to do reform, get a little less but make sure the system is sustainable.

8:15 am ADP employment Dec. 271,000 -- Nov. 157,000

https://www.city-journal.org/html/pe...nia-13528.html

Don't some people on this board jump to one is racist if one is against masses of un(der)educated, non-English speaking, low-skilled people and their children (who we must educate and feed) pouring across the southern border? I couldn't care less if people are black, brown, yellow, red (or orange :-) What I do object to is paying higher property taxes to educate them, paying outrageous uninsured motorist insurance because none of them are insured, and higher health insurance rates because someone must pay for their visits to the hospital. Instead, there are SO many of them, that they aren't forced to learn English (I can go to the mall and they look at me funny because I don't speak Spanish) and don't assimilate. Whatever happened to the melting pot - what are they coming here for if they're just going to set up little towns similar to what they left behind?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "had to get the economy going"

It was going fine. There was no reason to blow a hole in the budget to give money to people who just pocketed it. Now there will be fewer options available when the economy really needs to get going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "had to get the economy going"

It was going fine. There was no reason to blow a hole in the budget to give money to people who just pocketed it. Now there will be fewer options available when the economy really needs to get going.

I like how taking away less of of people's income is considered giving them money.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I like how taking away less of of people's income is considered giving them money.
    Whatever, Daddy Warbucks. The cuts weren't necessary. You don't give a about the national debt either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever, Daddy Warbucks. The cuts weren't necessary. You don't give a about the national debt either.
    I doubt you were concerned when Obama was giving out his shovel ready jobs and Cash for Clunkers. Why don't we just call it a draw and admit that as long as it's my/your side spending it, there's no voiced objection?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I doubt you were concerned when Obama was giving out his shovel ready jobs and Cash for Clunkers. Why don't we just call it a draw and admit that as long as it's my/your side spending it, there's no voiced objection?
    The economy actually needed stimulus back then. I am all for deficit spending when it makes sense. It didn't make sense for the last six years or so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The economy actually needed stimulus back then. I am all for deficit spending when it makes sense. It didn't make sense for the last six years or so.
    Stimulus? Do you mean those plants and flowers that my city planted in the medians?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or that "g***** stupid" (as bou would say) waste of perfectly good cars and used parts crushed into nothingness? That must be the worst idea of the century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stimulus? Do you mean those plants and flowers that my city planted in the medians?
    got our economy roaring in the high 2's and very ing low 3's. lmao!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama was doing The Right Thing, Keynesian govt spending to replace the spending lost from The Banksters Great Jobs Depression.

He should have done much more, but Repugs wanted to keep citizens in maximum pain, the economy depressed in order to hurt, blame Obama.

Of course, Obama's great mistake, along with Fed and Treasury, was to bail out Wall Street rather than bail out Main St.

Trash/Repugs/oligarchy cutting taxes while the economy was strong and grown was exactly the wrong move. Increased tax receipts should have been used to pay down the debt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama was doing The Right Thing, Keynesian govt spending to replace the spending lost from The Banksters Great Jobs Depression.

He should have done much more, but Repugs wanted to keep citizens in maximum pain, the economy depressed in order to hurt, blame Obama.

Of course, Obama's great mistake, along with Fed and Treasury, was to bail out Wall Street rather than bail out Main St.

Trash/Repugs/oligarchy cutting taxes while the economy was strong and grown was exactly the wrong move. Increased tax receipts should have been used to pay down the debt.
    What, not Medicare for all? or free college? Face it, bou, there is such OUTRAGE for every tom, and harry bleeding heart issue that the debt can never be paid down. No, we must help x, y or z because that's who we are, values, etc. Oh, these senseless wars but wait, Trump's pulling out too fast. Conditions are the border are inhumane, but we're giving more in foreign aid than to the border. And the list goes on and on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama inherited a recession, almost 4 point GDP contraction and major jobs losses. Completely different scenario from what Trump inherited. The whole point of deficit spending is to have economic recovery and growth start offsetting the previous spending and that’s exactly what was happening until the last round of unpaid for tax cuts.

We had this discussion back in the Quan ative Easing days. How deficit spending makes sense to float up the economy, but once it’s working we never use the growth to pay back the deficit. This happened already with the Bush taxcuts and Medicare part D, and now with this round.

Now Democrats are not blameless, they gave tacit approval to the TARP, but it’s sad/hilarious how the so-called party of fiscal responsibility is anything but.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama inherited a recession, almost 4 point GDP contraction and major jobs losses. Completely different scenario from what Trump inherited. The whole point of deficit spending is to have economic recovery and growth start offsetting the previous spending and that’s exactly what was happening until the last round of unpaid for tax cuts.

We had this discussion back in the Quan ative Easing days. How deficit spending makes sense to float up the economy, but once it’s working we never use the growth to pay back the deficit. This happened already with the Bush taxcuts and Medicare part D, and now with this round.

Now Democrats are not blameless, they gave tacit approval to the TARP, but it’s sad/hilarious how the so-called party of fiscal responsibility is anything but.
    fake news, alternative facts tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean deficit spending. You're way too reliant on right wing talking points.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're pretending this is the legislative agenda of all Democrats?
    Are we pretending that the legislative agenda of Democrats is not trending in that direction?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think anybody has been seriously calling the Republicans by that le for more than a decade now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are we pretending that the legislative agenda of Democrats is not trending in that direction?
    Since it's not being adopted by the majority, why are you pretending it is?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think anybody has been seriously calling the Republicans by that le for more than a decade now.
    Do you think Trump is fiscally responsible?

Yes or no.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Trump is fiscally responsible?

Yes or no.
    He is considerably better than the two presidents who preceded him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He is considerably better than the two presidents who preceded him.
    How?

Explain how he is more fiscally responsible than Bush or Obama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Ryan, who is departing now, even wrote a famed do ent about fiscal responsibility (IIRC, while he was running with Romney), pretending to be the adults in the room.

Thread Information