Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I still don't get why the Bears put Parkey in that position. He should have been cut during the season.

Now that Parkey did that especially with the dramatic way it happened, the D doesn't have to deal with any stories about how they let Foles own them on a final drive. They didn't get it done, but the whole game is on Parkey now...

4th and goal with that much to go? Get it done against a Nick Foles if you're that elite on D.

Goal line stands are incredibly difficult even for the best defenses. Just getting it to 4th down was stellar, and it took an incredible throw to beat them.
    I know...Just hate putting everything on a kicker in football. These situations tend to let everyone off the hook and dwell on a guy like Parkey no matter what happened.

Khalil "no impact in real games" Mack

The Black JJ Watt

The audacity to even mention these Kevin Loves in the same breath as Von Miller..I'd even take Melvin Ingram over them..

Nick Foles is the luckiest QB I've ever seen not named Eli Manning

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I know...Just hate putting everything on a kicker in football. These situations tend to let everyone off the hook and dwell on a guy like Parkey no matter what happened.
    Yeah. But that’s pretty much sports. If someone wins or loses on the last play of the game, that’s gonna get most of focus. Regardless of all the other players mistakes. Like the Bear that had that late hit penalty.

But I think it’s worse for a kicker because they really only have one thing to do.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Khalil "no impact in real games" Mack

The Black JJ Watt
    Mack's played what, one, two "real games" ever so far? He doesn't have Watt's choking legacy quite yet.

But I think it’s worse for a kicker because they really only have one thing to do.
    See but I think that almost makes that end of game assignment one of the most difficult in all of sports. It's the very thought that this is his only job that makes it so incredibly difficult. You're viewed as the personification of insignificance in sports until the end of the game when the entire weight of the organization's season is suddenly on your shoulders. The extremes NFL kickers go through emotionally must be intense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    See but I think that almost makes that end of game assignment one of the most difficult in all of sports. It's the very thought that this is his only job that makes it so incredibly difficult. You're viewed as the personification of insignificance in sports until the end of the game when the entire weight of the organization's season is suddenly on your shoulders. The extremes NFL kickers go through emotionally must be intense.
    I don’t disagree with you at all that it’s really disportioncate. The swing in his life from making and missing that kick is hard to imagine.

On another note, I read that he’s still owed $5,000,000 in guaranteed money.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Don’t think it matters, the Eagles cap situation is ty this offseason and there really isn’t a way to keep Foles without sacrificing a bunch of other talent.
    Trade Wentz to somewhere like Jacksonville for the next 3 first round picks

problems solved

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowgirls fans breathing a sigh of relief.
    Yeah we're not afraid of the Lambs at all and the crowd is going to be 90% Cowboys fans, above the average percentage of Cowboys fans in Dallas tbh.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Spreads are out

KC -5.5
    Rams -7
    Pats -4.5
    Saints -9

I don’t disagree with you at all that it’s really disportioncate. The swing in his life from making and missing that kick is hard to imagine.

On another note, I read that he’s still owed $5,000,000 in guaranteed money.
    Ain't a bad life

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This is amazing

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    It’s all mental/nerves in situations like that kick. His legs were probably shaking
    I think he hit the first one and on the second one the holder had to do that quarter spin extra right before he kicked it and that made him curl it left just a bit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Deep down there's no way Wentz wants Foles to get it done again and go all the way right?
    He'll get a second ring and get a chance to come back for a threepeat as a starter.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I think he hit the first one and on the second one the holder had to do that quarter spin extra right before he kicked it and that made him curl it left just a bit.
    The second one was actually partially tipped which might have changed the direction.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/01/cod...-bears-kicker/

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Spreads are out

KC -5.5
    Rams -7
    Pats -4.5
    Saints -9
    Over
    Under
    Over
    Under

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Got it from official Philadelphia Eagles twitter

He'll get a second ring and get a chance to come back for a threepeat as a starter.
    He sure did look happy af at the end

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    He sure did look happy af at the end
    I didn't see. Sarcasm or real?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    The second one was actually partially tipped which might have changed the direction.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/01/cod...-bears-kicker/
    Good find.

New video angles show Bears kicker Cody Parkey’s field goal was tipped by Eagles defender Treyvon Hester. The new evidence will not do anything to comfort Bears fans, but it does show that Parkey may have been right in his feeling that he nailed the kick.
    “I feel terrible,” Parkey told NFL.com. “There’s really no answer to it. I thought I hit a good ball…It’s one of the worst feelings in the world to let your team down. I feel terrible. Continue to put things into perspective, continue to just put my best foot forward and just sleep at night knowing that I did everything in my power this week to make that kick and for whatever reason it hit the crossbar and the upright.”
    If the kick was indeed blocked, the blame would also partly fall on the offensive linemen who were blocking. The Athletic’s Bo Wulf posted a photo of Hester’s hand, who admitted to blocking the kick.

Thread Information