Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe this thread even exists. We have the opportunity to never have to play a below average player in our backcourt and you all would give that away?

Unbelievable. Just absurd.
    Morons like Mikeanero (or however you spell it) exist in every fanbase, TBH.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is the better playmaker. Probably the better shooter at peak.

It might take some encouraging, but Murray could be the 2.

Honestly, if he really blossoms, Murray might have to become this iteration's Manu position and be focal point of the bench, particularly on O.

Let White start and get everybody going.

Play White, Murray, DD, Gay, and LMA to close games.

Ultimately, we need to keep and maintain the growth of both, if only for the ridiculous perimeter lockdown we will seemingly be able to enforce.

If Walker turns out to be a player somehow as well, will get really interesting.

Edit: Check it out. When the league was post-oriented, we had the Twin Towers. The notion of being able to create a perimeter edition of Twin Towers is enticing.
    Last edited by tim_duncan_fan; 01-04-2019 at 02:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was my take before unless Murray starts shooting 3ís on a regular basis. But after watching White draining those 3ís Iím convinced Murray/White can play together, position less. Murray, White, Demar, Gay, Aldridge can be pretty lethal. Then stagger Murray, White and Demar with the 2nd unit. Although the 2nd unit with Mills, Forbes, Belli, Bertran and Poeltl has been very fun to watch, just need to insert LW4 in there. With Metu, 2 1st round picks in the pipeline, this team is stacked. We definitely need a 3 and D from those 2 picks or package with Pau, etc. Remarkable how just recently ST has been talking rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we should keep Murray but I do wonder with the injury and White playing well, what the Spurs will be willing to pay him and if that could be a problem.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remarkable how just recently ST has been talking rebuilding.
    Just wait until the next time LMA decides to get out of sorts lol.

But seriously, along with Aldridge being more consistent down low, the revelation of Derrick White has really given us the additional playmaker, perimeter D, and ball-hawkishness that the team was lacking.

I think we should keep Murray but I do wonder with the injury and White (and Forbes) playing well, what the Spurs will be willing to pay him and if that could be a problem.
    ALOT is going to depend on whether Murray shows himself to be White's equal, better, or lesser. If he shows potential to be better than what White has right now when he comes back next year, that should mean potential All-Star and the front office will respond accordingly.

If he doesn't...we can all see that there is a compe ion for backcourt dollars. He shouldn't be caught off guard either way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is a bad thread.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Seriously, White is just better and since both need the ball in their hands a lot there's no room for both of them (+ Derozan) on the same team unless you want to relegate White to just a spot-up shooter.

Package him with Pau's contract + some 1st Rounders to get that much needed SF.
    Dejounte is still a long way from being a starter in the NBA, but Forbes and Paddy don't make make anyone expendable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also last season Murray had the nod, playing important minutes while Forbes and White did garbage time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now weíre going to have the Murray v White debate to replace Parker v Manu. I canít wait.
    You could smell this coming from a mile away. Dumb Spur fan always has to pit one player against another.

There might come a day where Spurs need to trade a good young player in a Hill - Leonard situation but discussing trading a young, promising Murray when heís injured is the height of stupidity. And Pistons seemed to make Thomas, Dumars, Vinnie Johnson work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be a good backup pg as a change of pace player...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Now weíre going to have the Murray v White debate to replace Parker v Manu. I canít wait.
    Not when you have a Bryn Forbes and Paddy Mills on the team. One starts and the other comes off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we should keep Murray but I do wonder with the injury and White playing well, what the Spurs will be willing to pay him and if that could be a problem.
    Eventually you just can't pay everyone what they are owed in a fair market. I do think they will keep the better one but it's tough to make any judgement with Murray injured. It's just premature to comment too much about it without knowing how he will be playing post injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think wat u were trying to say was mills and his 50 mills is expendable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White had Kobe like intensity. Love it
    now White is Kobe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now White is Kobe?
    people were saying he does better then mj

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no way op

Now Murray is a scrub and expendable... wow

one of the best rebounding guards ever and 2nd team defense... a one man fast break and a jumper away from being all star material.

Nuts is is all I got to say...
    yep, it's weird

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has a couple good games and now ST is trading Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker and manu have different positions.tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think playing murray and white together with derozan will click..demar needs the ball in hands to be effective..demar needs shooters around him like frobes instead of a slasher guard like murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, with White, Murray, LWIV, and Poetlt that is a good core of 2-way players tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray remains a great asset but the only worry is how he comes back after tearing that ACL. That can be a career-altering injury.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to see him next season. It's premature.
    This is the correct answer. SAGirl has it right. It's hard to evaluate and make such a key decision until we see how well his knee holds up and if he has lost any mobility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a better leader than we give him credit for. It looked like he worked really hard on the offseason. I am sure he is working hard on his rehab. Also, he is such a plus defender at the PG. Our length will be insane next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray’s at ude and work ethic alone make him non-expendable. We’ve just scratched the surface on what that kid can do. I expect him to fully recover and continue his meteoric rise via a jumper and even more leadership next year.

He should make DeRozan an even better player using his body to grab attention from defenders, both in the half court and in transition. Also will guard the better opponent on D, freeing up energy for DDR on O.

Guard rotation next year:
    1st DJ + DeRozan
    2nd White + Forbes/Patty
    Belinelli, Walker to fill in the cracks where needed, esp on D.

Buys us enough time (with very solid play) to figure out contracts in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deport OP

Thread Information