Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD, Giannis, Kawhi, LeBron, Paul George all could easily guard this guy. He's so overrated.
    ...The kid just finished high school less than a year ago, and you're already holding him to this standard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...The kid just finished high school less than a year ago, and you're already holding him to this standard
    Only because others are setting him up to be judged this way, acting like he might dominate in the NBA.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think Knicks or Suns trade him if they get him fanbase already think he is savior...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think Knicks or Suns trade him if they get him fanbase already think he is savior...
    would be stupid for the knicks to trade him for AD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be stupid for the knicks to trade him for AD.
    Then they are definetly gonna do it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Then they are definetly gonna do it
    true

they’re supposed to have a plan but the last time they had cap they blew it on thjr and noah but they seem
    optimistic this time around. if they can get kyrie then ad may follow. you add zion in the mix and msg will have the best product on the floor since ewing and starks.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I won't argue that he is good he has been a mild disappointment.
    But as deeps and many others have pointed out Lebron's window (and Magic's hype) jhas accelerated teh pressure.
    I see flashes where he looks good very good.
    I also see games where all he can do is iso and look's very bad.
    His 3 ball has regressed but even when he shot well he never shot enough.

But I still think he has better long-term upside than Jaylen Brown ... but Im staring to lose confidence in that thought.

unlike most Laker fans im still in the lets not make a panic move.
    I dont give a about Bron's legacy which is already sown anyways.
    Even if Lakers did miss playoffs, his apologists will still say he is better than MJ, look at the stats!!1
    his haters will say MJ doesnt miss the playofffs.

best thing for short-term (trade) or long-term (building) is we get Ingram to have more games like he did vs Mavs ...
    Problem is he wont face Luka's or Barnes defense every night ...
    William Hunting has hinted at this, but do you think the recent seasons of Kobe's retirement brickfest tour, Lebron's drama that he always brings, and the general circus of Magic/Lavar has resulted in the struggling of Russell, Randle, Ball, and Ingram with the Lakers?

tbh I don't see much in Ball, but the other three seem to have potential the flourish in the right organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the general circus that the Lakers organization has undergone the past few years has stunted their growth but I don't watch enough to say for sure imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good as Zion looks, you absolutely trade him for AD and don’t even think twice. He would have to reach his ceiling just to be as good as AD is and AD is still young and guaranteed to be good.

You don’t pass up on a guaranteed AD in hopes that you get the next Lebron James. You take the guaranteed thing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As good as Zion looks, you absolutely trade him for AD and don’t even think twice. He would have to reach his ceiling just to be as good as AD is and AD is still young and guaranteed to be good.

You don’t pass up on a guaranteed AD in hopes that you get the next Lebron James. You take the guaranteed thing.
    I'm not 100% sold on Zion but you talking a Uber athletic dunk machine that would thrill MSG...
    Davis is more skilled but injury prone and doesn't really want to play for Knicks. Zion wants too seems made to be Knock star even more than Melo or Porzingis...
    I think it's at least something worth considering.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not 100% sold on Zion but you talking a Uber athletic dunk machine that would thrill MSG...
    Davis is more skilled but injury prone and doesn't really want to play for Knicks. Zion wants too seems made to be Knock star even more than Melo or Porzingis...
    I think it's at least something worth considering.
    Might need to translate this sentence. You mention Davis is injury prone and while it's still early, I think Zion will amass injuries with his weight/playing style. It's been known for awhile that the crazy athleticism, super jerky movements, hard dunking, and reckless style of play is a precursor to torn ACLs, pulled hamstrings, etc. But you rarely see guys who are 280 pounds playing that way as well. I just can't see him lasting long unless he drops a lot of weight

Not to mention I don't see his limited skillset turning a franchise around. Guys in this thread have compared him to "undersized" Blake Griffin/Julius Randle which is a fair assessment imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might need to translate this sentence. You mention Davis is injury prone and while it's still early, I think Zion will amass injuries with his weight/playing style. It's been known for awhile that the crazy athleticism, super jerky movements, hard dunking, and reckless style of play is a precursor to torn ACLs, pulled hamstrings, etc. But you rarely see guys who are 280 pounds playing that way as well. I just can't see him lasting long unless he drops a lot of weight

Not to mention I don't see his limited skillset turning a franchise around. Guys in this thread have compared him to "undersized" Blake Griffin/Julius Randle which is a fair assessment imo
    That mother er is autistic. Don't get him all wound up or he'll go into a counting fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    William Hunting has hinted at this, but do you think the recent seasons of Kobe's retirement brickfest tour, Lebron's drama that he always brings, and the general circus of Magic/Lavar has resulted in the struggling of Russell, Randle, Ball, and Ingram with the Lakers?

tbh I don't see much in Ball, but the other three seem to have potential the flourish in the right organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the general circus that the Lakers organization has undergone the past few years has stunted their growth but I don't watch enough to say for sure imo
    I'll offer my 2 cents> The drama in LA has nothing to do with how ty the players and coaches are. They should still be able to play a ing basketball game. You look at teams like the Cavaliers when Lebron came back, there was a ton of drama. Kobe and Shaq had drama. Both teams found ways to win and still play their A games. LA's A game isn't very good. Lebron makes it serviceable when his A game is employed, but otherwise it's just a ty overrated coach who cruised to an fraudulent record while Kerr was supine, because Kevin Hart could have coached that team to the Finals. Now Luke Walton is the head coach of LA with Lebron as his pupil. How ing backwards is that? Get a real coach.

If LA wants to be serious about winning, forget player talent for a second and focus on trainers and coaches. Fire Magic Johnson. Reach out to Spurs trainers and guys from teams that can get your C level players to play B level ball. Right now LA is too focused on acquiring A level players. You don't need that in the short term.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Lakers won't really be serious about winning until the Buss kids sell the team to someone with a clue. Nothing ruins a franchise worse than bad ownership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion seems like he might get fat
    He’s got that in him
    Depends whether he keeps working or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion is the real deal. Whomever doubts that is a stupid non-basketball knowin mufawkuh and needs to stick to watching curling in the Olympics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Pippen was right...Zion might've just lost a lot of money. This sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion blows out shoe and right knee... oof Knicks/Suns/Cavs/Bulls/Hawks

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Paul George shoes...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe spurs can draft him now.
    Dejuan Blair 2.0

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like Zion, but Duke.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also Reddish jumper is butter smooth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got Anthony Bennett potential, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If I am his parents I shut his ass down.
    I'm with Spida Mitc ...
    coach K and Duke's legacy I'm pulling a Kyrie and getting ready for the pros.

Thread Information