Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ergo Zion will succeed? That's pretty faulty logic. Zion will be good, but he's hardly the player LeBron was.

One major issue in talking about 'prospects' is that high school players are rated atrociously. Often a player will get moved up because they are getting recruited by Kentucky or Duke or another few top flight programs. There's a feedback loop. If Zion went to even Michigan State or Gonzaga, I'm not sure he'd be the automatic number one in the draft. Basketball 'experts' are often ludicrously stupid and follow the herd.
    no. rather, the mere fact that there's a media hype machine does not invalidate the player's likelihood of success.

i think zion is going to be a good player. if aaron gordon can become a good nba player, i see no reason why zion isn't going to be a damn good one. his athleticism is simply absurd and its not like he's a raw player like giannis was coming out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. rather, the mere fact that there's a media hype machine does not invalidate the player's likelihood of success.

i think zion is going to be a good player. if aaron gordon can become a good nba player, i see no reason why zion isn't going to be a damn good one. his athleticism is simply absurd and its not like he's a raw player like giannis was coming out.
    He'll be good. Just saying that comparing him to many other former players is just another sign of how little perspective people have in this era of hype and celebrity worship.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Ergo Zion will succeed? That's pretty faulty logic. Zion will be good, but he's hardly the player LeBron was.

One major issue in talking about 'prospects' is that high school players are rated atrociously. Often a player will get moved up because they are getting recruited by Kentucky or Duke or another few top flight programs. There's a feedback loop. If Zion went to even Michigan State or Gonzaga, I'm not sure he'd be the automatic number one in the draft. Basketball 'experts' are often ludicrously stupid and follow the herd.
    19 year old Zion is SIGNIFICANTLY better than 19 year old James

It took LeBron 10+ years to learn a post move and Zion already has that. Defensively Zion is also better. But Jsmes wore a headband and did some stupid chalk thing. Oh and self labeled himself "King"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody knows how good any of these prospects will be, it's almost all guessing

It'll be interesting to see how Zion looks with good coaching..coach K is a horrible coach nowadays, he was a huge liability for Duke .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody knows how good any of these prospects will be, it's almost all guessing

It'll be interesting to see how Zion looks with good coaching..coach K is a horrible coach nowadays, he was a huge liability for Duke .
    if it was, there would be no point in having draft orders/lotteries. you know better tbh

every sport is prone to flops, but you're more likely to hit a good player in picks 1-5 than 15-20 for a reason, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it was, there would be no point in having draft orders/lotteries. you know better tbh

every sport is prone to flops, but you're more likely to hit a good player in picks 1-5 than 15-20 for a reason, tbh
    Sure, that's not what I meant, though..you can separate prospects and have them on different levels, but you're still guessing on comparisons..

I've heard Zion being compared to LeBron, Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon, Rodney Rogers, Charles Barkley and many others..nobody has any credible way of projecting his outlook..

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Sure, that's not what I meant, though..you can separate prospects and have them on different levels, but you're still guessing on comparisons..

I've heard Zion being compared to LeBron, Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon, Rodney Rogers, Charles Barkley and many others..nobody has any credible way of projecting his outlook..
    This applies to every player on every team in History and not just the transition from College to Pros. That is why bad contracts and comeback player of the year awards exist. We watch sports in major part for the unexpected. Otherwise what is the purpose of watching games live and seeing it unfold before my eyes.

As NBA returns to the straight to NBA rule, prepare for more draft busts and bottom feeders remaining in the grave. Teams such as Lakers will sit back and poach the guys whom actually pan out. Bad for NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

true true tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    better prospect doesnt mean "lock to become a better NBA player than"

luck was a better prospect than aaron rodgers was, and very few people will argue that point.

but nobody says luck is a better qb than aaron rodgers
    I know. Which why Ewing and Robinson were there. They were hugely hyped coming out of college.

Besides, Jordan was drafted third, clearly behind Hakeem and on even grounds with Bowie. So not sure how he was this great prospect.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even going to try and pretend I know NCAA basketball, but I do know when I see a special athlete. I have never talked a college basketball player, ever, until this guy.

If the kid doesn't lose it with $$$$$$$$$$$$/fame, I do expect to see a real force in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19 year old Zion is SIGNIFICANTLY better than 19 year old James

It took LeBron 10+ years to learn a post move and Zion already has that. Defensively Zion is also better. But Jsmes wore a headband and did some stupid chalk thing. Oh and self labeled himself "King"
    You have no ing idea what you're talking about. LeBron at every era blows Zion away. Get off ESPN's , you .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You have no ing idea what you're talking about. LeBron at every era blows Zion away. Get off ESPN's , you .
    James has superior court vision and 3 point shot. Zion is better at every single facet of the game of basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James has superior court vision and 3 point shot. Zion is better at every single facet of the game of basketball
    Sure thing, bro.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Who is your CBB team anyway kiddo

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    ? He couldn't beat good coaching from Michigan St and their yearly crop of mediocre but disciplined upper classmen. But he's now better than Duncan, Ewing, etc? He hasn't even had a better college career than Carmelo.
    Why are you quoting me? What does this have to do with my post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion Williamson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will be a BUST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO is sitting pretty if AD gets rejuvenated because of this

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Zion will be lucky if he has the career Blake Griffin had... Unless of course he can make 3's at an effective than clip right out of the gate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO is sitting pretty if AD gets rejuvenated because of this
    He wont

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will be a BUST

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does anyone know? If he is willing to put in the time in the gym he will be good to great. I love how people are calling a 19 year old a bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he wink be injury prone like oden

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he wink be injury prone like oden
    But he hasn't had any injuries like Oden. Bigger players like Oden and Embid are injury prone not players that are 6'7. Based on this strength and athleticism he can easily average 10-15 points on put backs and running the floor. He literally weighs 20 pds more than Lebron and jumpers higher too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he hasn't had any injuries like Oden. Bigger players like Oden and Embid are injury prone not players that are 6'7. Based on this strength and athleticism he can easily average 10-15 points on put backs and running the floor. He literally weighs 20 pds more than Lebron and jumpers higher too.
    He has it to prove. Some of you are so ready to crown the next king you he doesn't even need to suit up. , he could very well be the next Oden then.

How is he going to develop once NBA trainers start altering his shot, his positioning under the rim (like they did with Blair who was a foul magnet but grabbed tons of rebounds)? Will he have the green light to hurl 3pt shots as big as he is and how much he can draw in the defense to get other people shots? These guys don't always translate to dominating NBA players. Who is the last 1st overall to actually do anything in the league other than make the all star game? You have Anthony Davis who still hasn't done . Otherwise you have a bunch of hyped players. Does anyone even remember Ayton?
    Last edited by DMC; 05-14-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Thread Information