Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Yeah, there's a CBB thread somewhere, but f that . He dunked that thing without even breaking a sweat. Whichever team drafts this kid is set for life, oh my lord. This boy is listed to be somewhere between 275 and 285 lbs, but can jump through the roof with a 45 inch vert, that is not normal. The second he gets drafted he is by far the best athlete in the league. , he might be the best athlete ever seen. His shooting needs some work, but from what I've seen it's pretty minor and he's not suffering from the Ball or Fultz disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see a lot of Shawn Kemp in him. If he can develop an 18 footer like Kemp then he will be deadly. Seriously, who's going to stop him from going to the rim? He's stronger than all the guards who have the speed to stay with him and a of a lot faster than all the bigs who can keep him in "check." If he can get a jumpshot then his pump fake/ drive to the hoop will be unguardable.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The athleticism stands out because it’s something we haven’t really seen before, not at that weight, certainly not at that age. He looks like Jadeveon Clowney but even bigger and even more athletic.

But I don’t think he’s just all jump and dunk. He does look to have solid handles (dribble a bit high but he’s solid for a guy at his size and position), he has good dexterity and touch at the rim. He seems to have a plus basketball IQ, but consistently better compe ion could be a better indicator. And I do think his athleticism plays up because he plays hard.

The height thing will be interesting. If he’s listed at 6’7, he may really actually be closer to 6’5. What is he going to look like when he has to guard Giannis or Durant or Porzingis. If he’s got enough perimeter skill and improves his jumper enough, he could be pretty special. If he’s just the best athlete who plays PF only, he may just be a pretty good player who’s great for occasional highlight plays.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Mexicans upstairs think he's another Blair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how a PF does in this league anymore. Whatever team drafts him will have a great talent but issues how to integrate him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be fun to see him next to Porzingis if he ever stays healthy..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids a monster. Ambidextrous, good handles, great passer, although doesn't have to use it much. 6'5 but averages 3.5 ORBs a game in 25 min.

You draft him and figure the rest out later. It's looking like ATL is tanking hard for him. Would be crazy if the Suns had Book, Ayton, and Zion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids a monster. Ambidextrous, good handles, great passer, although doesn't have to use it much. 6'5 but averages 3.5 ORBs a game in 25 min.

You draft him and figure the rest out later. It's looking like ATL is tanking hard for him. Would be crazy if the Suns had Book, Ayton, and Zion.
    Should get rid of Booker asap, if that happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that dunk looks so much better because it's left handed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do y’all think the only s Thst can play in the NBA are 6-10 and skinny with long ass Orangutan arms? Maybe a player like Zion will change the NBA again to big strong powerful players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big powerful guy, one torn ACL from Anthony Bennett.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like a shorter Julian Randle on steroids, tbh.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tbh I see the next Blake Griffin imho. Very similar skillset

-Crazy athleticism/strength
    -Post up game consists of getting angles and outmuscling the defender
    -Ability to blow by taller defenders with the handle
    -Respectable jumpshot, but not consistent enough to make him a superstar

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    listed to be somewhere between 275 and 285 lbs, but can jump through the roof with a 45 inch vert, that is not normal.
    If he was smart he'd cut weight. Jumping and landing at that weight doesn't last long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clips from when he was in HS. Insane how somebody who would dominate NBA athletes was playing in HS a year ago.

That being said, he's basically a shorter Amare Stoudemire with a little more speed.

Last edited by phxspurfan; 01-07-2019 at 03:29 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That being said, he's basically a shorter Amare Stoudemire with a little more speed.
    Rodney Rodgers with less shooting and more leaping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was smart he'd cut weight. Jumping and landing at that weight doesn't last long.
    Agreed. I read somewhere that he had lost weight. He was chubby when younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also believe he needs to not dunk so hard and with all his might so much. That will take its toll on your knees as well just ask Blake Griffin

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The athleticism stands out because it’s something we haven’t really seen before, not at that weight, certainly not at that age. He looks like Jadeveon Clowney but even bigger and even more athletic.

But I don’t think he’s just all jump and dunk. He does look to have solid handles (dribble a bit high but he’s solid for a guy at his size and position), he has good dexterity and touch at the rim. He seems to have a plus basketball IQ, but consistently better compe ion could be a better indicator. And I do think his athleticism plays up because he plays hard.

The height thing will be interesting. If he’s listed at 6’7, he may really actually be closer to 6’5. What is he going to look like when he has to guard Giannis or Durant or Porzingis. If he’s got enough perimeter skill and improves his jumper enough, he could be pretty special. If he’s just the best athlete who plays PF only, he may just be a pretty good player who’s great for occasional highlight plays.
    Good assessment and I freely admit Im pre-disposed to hating duke players; but a special athlete who if he does what you said and further develops his handle and shot, I could see having a wesbrook type impact for a few years then wil probably flame out ...

We will see. O do hope he can be what we wanted Kemp to be for a longer stretch ... but he is not as tall or as long ...but probably jumps higher ...and has a bigger physique ...

I dont get what the fascination is with Porzingis at this point.
    I am not rooting for him to fail, and i get he showed promise.
    But I dont see a long-term future.
    he can block shots but post injury I dont see why he is talked about like Davis or giannis.
    sure he can shoot as well and that will probably still be the case but if he struggles with leg njuries (which > 7 foot 2 big has a knee/leg/foot injury and it never resurfaces?!)
    How is he goonna defend pnr? or contest 3's ?!

I would probably trade ingram or Zo for him though, LOL

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I also agree ... said the same about shaq he lasted a long while but he was 7 foot 1 not barely 6 foot 7

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    He could probably stand to lose a good 15-20 pounds, but then again some freak athletes are just different. When it came out years ago that LeBron was over 260, there was some similar criticism about the potential for weight-related injury. That was back in his first stint in Cleveland. Now getting into his mid 30s, I don't think we've seen that play out for LeBron. Some guys are just freakishly different. Zion could be like that.

Improving his shooting and playmaking could be the difference between him becoming a superstar and him being a super-role player who provides a lot of highlight transition dunks. Superstars in this era have the basketball in their hands a lot, regardless of position. The semi-exception of Steph or Durant involves guys who are such prolific shooters, they can still drop 30+ without dominating the ball. If he's just a transition dunker for the most part, he's probably not a future superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me of Grand mama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He reminds me of Grand mama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a guy with his talent he's incredibly humble compared to the last few top draft picks. Seems like a great locker room guy, and wouldn't be averse to adding things to his game if a coach asked him to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if he's going to be great, but damn he's gonna make a lot of money. Probably before he ever dribbles a basketball on an NBA court.

Thread Information