Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks all in then, .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have a chance to make the 15 man roster?

He has played regularly with the bench and while much has been commented about others, Pop deciding to go with a LMA/Jakob combination puts the team in a position to need a regular 3rd big to play Center. Eubanks has gotten the nod so far. HIm staying a 2 way player is not going to be enough if he is needed on a daily basis. Has he played himself into the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to bump this thread because we should all be excited and impressed with this find. undrafted in 2018. Now looking like he could compete with Poeltl and Dieng for playing time. Legit potential PF/C. If he can start shooting 3's, we have our starting Center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually thinking the same thing. It will be sad when the Pistons throw a bunch of money at him so he can be the 5th center on their team, but they love back-up San Antonio bigs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually thinking the same thing. It will be sad when the Pistons throw a bunch of money at him so he can be the 5th center on their team, but they love back-up San Antonio bigs.
    Relax, he's locked up for another 2 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am impressed with Drew's development. If he can pattern his game with David Lee, another undersized C, busy underneath, put backs, and maybe start hitting the 3's in the off-season. He has the motor and hard work to get better.
    Last edited by John B; 04-22-2021 at 12:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relax, he's locked up for another 2 years.
    And he only has $500,000 guaranteed over those next two years. It's looking like a really good contract from the Spurs perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gives 100% every time he's out there. That's my criticism on Poeltl that he seems to relax once he got the starting gig. It took him 20 games to learn how to shoot FT's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks nicknames:
    Baby Huey
    George of the Jungle

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to think of him as Ed Neely's Secret Love Child, but that's an old reference going back to the 80s team. Eubanks is more talented, but has that same squatty frame and hard as mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to think of him as Ed Neely's Secret Love Child, but that's an old reference going back to the 80s team. Eubanks is more talented, but has that same squatty frame and hard as mentality.
    great throwback; i loved me some neely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a believer. Quite a steal for the Spurs at his contract amount.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gives 100% every time he's out there. That's my criticism on Poeltl that he seems to relax once he got the starting gig. It took him 20 games to learn how to shoot FT's.
    Look at the hustle stats and stop acting like a fool

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks nicknames:
    Baby Huey
    George of the Jungle
    Nope, has to be The Drewshow, after the poster...who goes yard every time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And he only has $500,000 guaranteed over those next two years. It's looking like a really good contract from the Spurs perspective.
    Yeah, I don't think the partial guarantee is going to be considered... Not without a car accident or something...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, has to be The Drewshow, after the poster...who goes yard every time.
    I am good with Drewshow for both. The poster is a gas. I liked George of the Jungle cause Drew be crashing into things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's still pretty young,
    Just turned 24, didn't start playing basketball till he was 16

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl has been a workhorse for the spurs this year doing all the little , playing in almost every game, has his faults, but is generally a very positive asset and he still catches strays for absolutely no reason.

Drew has an interesting skill set and a very high motor. Has some of that bull in a China shop quality to him but is learning to harness it a bit. If he can expand the range consistently out to 18 feet he will have a nice career in the nba and could be a great complement to Jakob. Speaks volumes that he’s essentially quieted all the excitement about the Dieng signing, albeit he’s been hurt.

I hate player comps because there’s always someone who has to focus on every fine detail instead of the big picture of the comparison - but I see a little David Lee in his game even beyond the obvious similarities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting now that the Spurs young players seem to all be improving (the ones in years 3-5). There are 7-8 very interesting players in the 20-26 age range.

They are are one top shelf player away from being a solid playoff contender. They just need that "guy" this year or next year via draft or trade.

It's clear that the Spurs put time into their young players - I hope that Luka S and Vassell can make a big leap next year - they just need an opportunity for more PT.

The team kind of reminds me of the old Pistons teams of the early 2000s. They had a collective effort with some hard working guys. Obviously these guys are not at that level, but in time they can actually be pretty good.

Paying D White and Murray appear to be good moves long term. Even Drew Eubanks looks like a very nice bench player for the long term. Just keep buildin' this thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many of yall were calling him Ewbanks and saying how you wanted him off team...typical Spurstalk experts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many of yall were calling him Ewbanks and saying how you wanted him off team...typical Spurstalk experts
    What about the people who said Poeltl would never average over 7 points and won't ever improve his free throws?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks has a great motor and doesn't take no from anyone... I like those qualities in a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew has a chance to be starter quality in this league, like Theis or Baynes. Not a top guy, obviously, but he's improved a ton and I was already bullish on him, loving his motor and athleticism in the G-League. Now he's scoring with both hands on baby hooks, has developing range, and is a ing banger. Only clear deficiency in his skill set is shot-blocking and I don't think he'll be great in that area.

I mean... one play that stood out against Detroit was an interior pass -- I think from Gay -- that he caught almost under his elbow. He has really good mits for a post player. A lot of guys don't have those.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree he's a great shot blocker

Thread Information