Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Time to say goodbye to Uncle Rico. He isn't worth the headache. Never really was....

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's a shame because Gathers could have been Jimmy Graham in another lifetime.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    3 catches in 15 games but "could have been jimmy graham" because he's tall

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    3 catches in 15 games but "could have been jimmy graham" because he's tall
    He has/had similar athletic qualities and athletic background as Graham, but blew his chance on rap, drugs and poor work ethic. Graham has never been a good blocker but in his heyday was unquestionably the best receiving TE in football. I think Gathers' chance is mostly done, now, Cowboys will cut him at the end of preseason, he'll land on another team's practice squad or two, but he'll fall completely out of the league in a year or two.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys release Allen Hurns for financial reasons. Good call, because he was due almost $7 million to be the 5th best WR on the team. Saves a little money in the long run for some of the big names coming up.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Official 2019 Game-to-Game Prediction - DAL

vs NYG W - Division game, but an opening afternoon mismatch. Cowboys' running game and defense dominate and they win easily.
    @ WAS W - Another division game, but against the other weaker team in the division. A little closer, but still a solid win for Dallas.
    vs MIA W - Fitzmagic comes to an end against the second coming of the Doomsday Defense. Josh Rosen plays a bit late, down 21+.
    @ NO L - A battle of legit contenders goes down to the wire. At home, the great Drew Brees comes out victorious at the very end.
    vs GB W - Aaron Rodgers keeps it close in his second-favorite stadium, but this time Dallas is too good on both sides of the ball.
    @ NYJ W - Close for stretches, but the Cowboys pull away with some big plays in the second half for a feel-good road win.
    vs PHI L - In a clash of NFC ans and ferocious division rivals, the Eagles get their revenge for 2018 in the first meeting in Dallas.
    @ NYG W - After the bye, the rested Cowboys return to their digs in the Meadowlands from Week 6 and thrash their division rivals.
    vs MIN W - A defensive statement is made against $84 Million-guaranteed quarterback and former division rival, Kirk Cousins.
    @ DET W - No Calvin Johnson 329 yard miracles, no epic chokejobs, no Dez Bryant sideline tantrums this time around. Cowboys win.
    @ NE W - An ultimate midseason clash of interconference ans. Possible foreshadowing of February?
    vs BUF W - Cole Beef-on-Weck Beasley's homecoming does not fare well for the Bills, who are beginning to seriously doubt Josh Allen.
    @ CHI L - A tough loss and overall pill to swallow. Cold weather and clutch play by an erratic Trubisky seals the Cowboys' fate here.
    vs LAR W - Marquee matchup. Rams loosen grip on the NFC West, as the Millennial Offense is strangled by an even better defense.
    @ PHI W - The fate of the season likely boils down to this. Get out the "Rocky" music. Best offense, or best defense? Who prevails?
    vs WAS W - Dallas secures the top seed in the NFC with this tighter-than-expected but solid final win. But now, the real test begins.

Final Regular Season Record: 13-3
    NFC East Place: 1st
    NFC Ranking/Seed: 1

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    damn he burned the defense. couldn't even see the CB on the screen after he dusted him so bad

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Someone is seething ^

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Someone is seething ^
    ... i've been pretty complimentary of cooper on this board even after the trade. can't handle a little ribbing? yikes

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ... i've been pretty complimentary of cooper on this board even after the trade. can't handle a little ribbing? yikes
    Dak has been hitting him and Gallup on the deep routes so far.. it's 3/4 speed w/o pads but the DB corp isn't that bad..

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak has been hitting him and Gallup on the deep routes so far.. it's 3/4 speed w/o pads but the DB corp isn't that bad..
    I would trade Elliott and focus on the passing game at this point.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Lol you wanna see Dak without a running game

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    jerruh calling zeke's bluff tbh ... just signed alfred morris

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    jerruh calling zeke's bluff tbh ... just signed alfred morris
    Morris doesn't move the needle. He's a poor man's Legarrette Blount at this point in his career. Now if we signed Ajayi tomorrow.... I might believe it.

Honestly I would be down for trading both Elliott AND Prescott, if we can get a great haul of picks for both. Maybe a 1st and either a 2nd or 3rd for Zeke, and two 1sts or minimum a 1st and two 2nds and a mid rounder for Prescott. Elliott is top 5-10 at his position for sure, but he's too much noise, baggage, and drama. If we re-sign him, even for a little over Gurley money, the moment say Barkley gets re-signed for more money Zeke will and complain about that and hold out again. Also, there's a very good chance he actually peaked in 2016. He hasn't been able to outrun EVERYONE to the endzone on long runs the way he did his rookie year. Also, he was significantly less consistent on short down and distance last year than before. Again, he's still a top 10 and very likely a top 5 back at this point, but so was Kareem Hunt and the Chiefs didn't get significantly worse without him even downgrading to a journeyman scatback in Damien Williams as their RB1.

With Prescott, he's a really good guy, but he's just not top 15 at his position. He's in the Kirk Cousins category of QBs, and with a weaker deep ball to boot. The team has won a lot in spite of him, so he's going to expect more than he's actually worth because of his record, even though he's played with a top 3 offensive line his whole career, and last year a top 5 defense. He causes too many sacks that aren't really the offensive line's fault. He misses wide open throws if they're over 20 yards. Sometimes he just completely doesn't see them when they're there which is really bad for an NFL starting QB. He simply doesn't trust himself to make throws in tight windows, the way 2nd tier guys like Romo/Rivers or even someone 4th tier like Fitzpatrick have, and can be classified as an ultra paranoid quarterback. He doesn't have the elusiveness out of the pocket of a Russell Wilson. He's very accurate at short throws and above average in the two minute drill, but nothing uber special. 2016 was a cute little season, but when teams figured out that he was basically an Alex Smith clone, the offense became mediocre at best and it's been a glaring problem.

I don't think that trading both Prescott AND Elliott would cons ute any kind of rebuild, or even a deviation from "win now". It's two positions. The core of the offense wears numbers 19, 13, 77, 72, and 70, and the core of the rest of the TEAM includes numbers 90, 50, 54, 55, 24 and (arguably) 31. 4 is replaceable (in the same way as 5 was last year at another *critical* position) and 21, well, he can be replaced, as Herschel Walker was. Pick up Jay Ajayi, for starters.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Signing Alf is one thing but poking the bear is another. Jerry should have kept his mouth shut.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jerry loves the attention in the off-season. If people are always talking about the Cowboys, then it's good for his wallet. Controversy creates cash.

In his last four seasons Morris has a 3.9 average per carry and is not a receiver with 30 catches. BUT......John Riggins, Jerome Bettis in the HOF with 3.9 averages, and neither of them caught the ball.

Another....BUT.....

Prescott needs a better than....any RB will work.....because he needs third and short and defenses with 8 in the box to stop a STUD RB. At third and long and nobody worried about the running game....OUCH~~~

Elliott will get his $$$$.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    In his last four seasons Morris has a 3.9 average per carry and is not a receiver with 30 catches. BUT......John Riggins, Jerome Bettis in the HOF with 3.9 averages, and neither of them caught the ball.

Another....BUT.....

Prescott needs a better than....any RB will work.....because he needs third and short and defenses with 8 in the box to stop a STUD RB. At third and long and nobody worried about the running game....OUCH~~~

Elliott will get his $$$$.
    That's why I'm saying replace both Elliott and Prescott. Prescott is one of the most useless QBs in the sport when it's 3rd & more than about 6. He's great at throwing for first downs on 3rd and short, or just handing it off or running himself. But all that goes out the window on 3rd & long, where the elite QBs in the NFL give you a chance, but Prescott just doesn't cut it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    IMO, if they don't resign him they need to just blow it up since they would lose their entire iden y. This would be such a Jerruh/GarrettBot thing to do though by not doing it. I really do think they are that dumb to build their team around the running game and then switch gears all of a sudden because "hurr durrr the Patriots never re-sign their elite guys and they keep winning teh Superbowl!"

It's one thing to say you don't need an elite running back to win, but that's an asinine thing to say when your team is CLEARLY built around the running game. For 's sake, they just learned the hard way what happens when you build your team around the running game then let your elite RB walk. We all saw what happened when they thought the underwear thief could replace Murray's production which is why they drafted Elliott in the first place

Dallas is trying to mold their team off of what Seattle was a few years ago, and they pretty much stopped being Super Bowl contenders once Marshawn Lynch fell off

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    idk we washed our hands of Murray who took a huge paycheck to go to a division rival and fail spectacularly

Jerruh has a good track record of drafting quality running backs, so I wouldn't be surprised if tells Zeke to eat a .

The Rams set the league back a few years giving Todd Gurley all that money...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Thread Information