Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    idk we washed our hands of Murray who took a huge paycheck to go to a division rival and fail spectacularly

Jerruh has a good track record of drafting quality running backs, so I wouldn't be surprised if tells Zeke to eat a .

The Rams set the league back a few years giving Todd Gurley all that money...

you're not wrong, but Chip Kelly was a failure in the NFL and it's no secret that his system was terrible for Murray as evidenced by his mini-resurgence in Tennessee.

Besides that, there's a few other factors that play against Dallas this go around. Back then we had Romo who could atleast make ty teams compe ive whereas Dak struggled without Zeke in 2017. This team really needs that running game to get going or else they're not even a .500 team. Also, our offensive line had an aura of invincibility back then which isn't there anymore. That was the main reason Jerruh told Murray to get lost. They're basically throwing away next season, which is risky considering they only have a 2-3 year window right now.

On your last point, I'm shocked the Rams gave Gurley all that money considering he was outplayed by CJ Andersn in the postseason. Instead, the Cowboys running game was a mess whenever Elliott would leave the field

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you're not wrong, but Chip Kelly was a failure in the NFL and it's no secret that his system was terrible for Murray as evidenced by his mini-resurgence in Tennessee.

Besides that, there's a few other factors that play against Dallas this go around. Back then we had Romo who could atleast make ty teams compe ive whereas Dak struggled without Zeke in 2017. This team really needs that running game to get going or else they're not even a .500 team. Also, our offensive line had an aura of invincibility back then which isn't there anymore. That was the main reason Jerruh told Murray to get lost. They're basically throwing away next season, which is risky considering they only have a 2-3 year window right now.

On your last point, I'm shocked the Rams gave Gurley all that money considering he was outplayed by CJ Andersn in the postseason. Instead, the Cowboys running game was a mess whenever Elliott would leave the field
    Chip Kelly ran a terrible offense for Murray with all those shotgun snaps I think Murray was unable to stay healthy in the long run which is a good argument for not giving these running backs big money when they decide to start acting like Wide Receiver divas. (Dez) I think it's too early to compare Romo to Dak imo so I'm going to give him a pass there on the small sample status .500 w/o Zeke. Frederick, our center, is back and healthy - I think our offensive line will be a beast probably top 3 in the league.

Gurley is another RB who appears to have trouble staying healthy so the contract makes even less sense.

Give credit to Dak for playing every game and we also have war veteran Witten to lead the charge

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

They gave that contract to Gurley long before that happened.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rico Gathers officially waived.

Patriots' next great tight end is officially on the market, boys.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rico Gathers officially waived.
    Good he was terrible

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Cobb makes us a contender imo

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Zeke is on the books for two more seasons and they can franchise tag him for 2 more after that if I'm not mistaken.

This is bull .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If Elliott is out all year I revise my prediction for Dallas to 3-13. All 3 division wins, two vs the Giants and one vs the Redskins.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jerruh is such a ing piece of . Old bas won't win ever again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Robert Quinn suspended first 2 games of the regular season for steroids.

Cowboys' DLine looks a lot like the mash unit up front that the Seahawks had at the beginning of the 2013 regular season when Michael Bennett, Bruce Irvin and Cliff Avril all started the season suspended that year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jerruh is such a ing piece of . Old bas won't win ever again.
    Jerruh? How is it his fault that Zeke is being a greedy, zero-humility, primadonna ? Especially considering his baggage, he has zero leg to stand on.

The only player of the "big 3" that actually deserves a hefty contract is Cooper. Of the other two, one is a diva with alarming baggage and the other is the definition of league average with a low ceiling.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Finish out your ing contract. You signed that .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Jerruh? How is it his fault that Zeke is being a greedy, zero-humility, primadonna ? Especially considering his baggage, he has zero leg to stand on.

The only player of the "big 3" that actually deserves a hefty contract is Cooper. Of the other two, one is a diva with alarming baggage and the other is the definition of league average with a low ceiling.
    Because he's a ing re , the boys have been a show for 20+ years and all of a sudden he's a conservative GM?

A GREAT RB can average 4.9 a bad RB 3.9.

Any EB who starred in HS, at the NCAA level and gets drafted can play. That is all a team needs in the NFL. You don't need a GREAT RB to win in the NFL that is a proven fact.

Trade the guy.

Any RB who starred in HS, at the NCAA level and gets drafted can play. That is all a team needs in the NFL. You don't need a GREAT RB to win in the NFL that is a proven fact.

Trade the guy.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Finish out your ing contract. You signed that .
    Agreed. Especially in the case of zeke. 2 years left? wtf.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Any RB who starred in HS, at the NCAA level and gets drafted can play. That is all a team needs in the NFL. You don't need a GREAT RB to win in the NFL that is a proven fact.

Trade the guy.
    yup.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Who's gonna give up anything of value for Zeke? I bet the most they could get for him is a 2nd rounder. Maybe not even that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Who's gonna give up anything of value for Zeke? I bet the most they could get for him is a 2nd rounder. Maybe not even that.
    Dak - 2020 2nd and 2021 1st and 2nd

Zeke - late 2019 1st (Chiefs need a RB1 badly) or an early to mid 2nd.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak - 2020 2nd and 2021 1st and 2nd

Zeke - late 2019 1st (Chiefs need a RB1 badly) or an early to mid 2nd.
    The Chiefs are one of the least likely teams to pony up the money that Zeke wants.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Chiefs are one of the least likely teams to pony up the money that Zeke wants.
    who cares? they're in win now mode at all costs and they don't have a viable starting running back on the roster. Cannon arm Mahomes is fine but who's going to pick up 3rd & 1's on a consistent basis? Green Bay has had a similar problem for awhile.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    who cares? they're in win now mode at all costs and they don't have a viable starting running back on the roster. Cannon arm Mahomes is fine but who's going to pick up 3rd & 1's on a consistent basis? Green Bay has had a similar problem for awhile.
    They don't need an elite RB with that system. I don't think they even have the cap space going forward for what Zeke wants. They're still paying Sammy Watkins for god's sake.
    If they believed they truly needed an elite back going forward, they would have just dealt with Hunt's situation.

You just think of dumb in your head and throw it out there.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think Zeke deserves to get paid and the rookie pay scale is bull . Of course I want him in camp and on the field as soon as possible, but I don't begrudge him trying to use the little leverage he has.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They don't need an elite RB with that system. I don't think they even have the cap space going forward for what Zeke wants. They're still paying Sammy Watkins for god's sake.
    If they believed they truly needed an elite back going forward, they would have just dealt with Hunt's situation.

You just think of dumb in your head and throw it out there.
    Watkins is an atrocious contract for a slot receiver who plays 8 games a year.

Thread Information