Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Cowboys haven't had an 8-8 season since '13. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

ok - 56%

https://pro-football-history.com/coa...on-garrett-bio

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    He's on pace to be an all time great, he's durable, he avoids the big hits.. the question is.. Does he want to be known as an all time great? At that price he must lead the league again and win an MVP. If Dallas goes 13-3 and he's leading the league again I think it can happen.

But definitely gotta wonder about Houston.. mortgaged their future for an average LT and a WR who's priority is probably not football, and didn't get in return for Clowney while on the hook for 7 million..
    Houston is doing Houston things. Did you see the article where they are teaming up with Rice University to give some kind of workshop on how to run an NFL franchise?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You know that's never gonna happen, right?
    But don't deny that would be a great idea. Paying the 19th best QB in the NFL top-5 money in today's hyperinflated QB market would be a franchise sinking decision.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But don't deny that would be a great idea. Paying the 19th best QB in the NFL top-5 money in today's hyperinflated QB market would be a franchise sinking decision.
    I'm not Dak's biggest fan, but right now he's the Cowboys best shot. I'd rather the Cowboys wait before signing him to a long-term contract, and even use the tag if they have to. He's been too inconsistent for me to believe he deserves a huge contract, especially the number he's been rumored to have asked for. However, the downside to that is if they continue to wait he's just going to command more money.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not Dak's biggest fan, but right now he's the Cowboys best shot. I'd rather the Cowboys wait before signing him to a long-term contract, and even use the tag if they have to. He's been too inconsistent for me to believe he deserves a huge contract, especially the number he's been rumored to have asked for. However, the downside to that is if they continue to wait he's just going to command more money.
    Kirk Cousins him

Post Count
    Dallas will win today. I think it will be something like 23 - 13.

Post Count
    I say wait until after this season, and once we win the SB, then you can give Dak a 6 year 200 million dollar extension, with 100-120 guaranteed. People will say that is a lot, but if he wins the SB, the merch will be flying off the shelves like crazy. The bandwagon will probably double. Jerry will Scrooge McDuck swim in his giant vault of billions.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great game

My thoughts:

-Slow start by Dak, a few groans over some of his passes; he had a couple to Gallup and Cobb that were off the mark and needed to be adjusted to, and the TD to Jarwin was a duck.. Obviously rebounded and finished with as good a game as he's ever had
    -It seemed like Zeke was running with all 90 million in his pocket at times, but he kept chipping away finishing with what would project as his usual 100+ yard game. Need more than 6 TD's from him this year so that was a plus. Also not bad considering he didn't practice
    -Last year I thought Gallup would compete for the #1 spot, and god damn it looks like that's gonna be the case
    -If Cobb is going to make plays like that look out. That ing stiff arm and extra 10 yards was sick
    -LVE took that nasty hit to the head, hopefully he's ok tomorrow

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great game

My thoughts:

-Slow start by Dak, a few groans over some of his passes; he had a couple to Gallup and Cobb that were off the mark and needed to be adjusted to, and the TD to Jarwin was a duck.. Obviously rebounded and finished with as good a game as he's ever had
    -It seemed like Zeke was running with all 90 million in his pocket at times, but he kept chipping away finishing with what would project as his usual 100+ yard game. Need more than 6 TD's from him this year so that was a plus. Also not bad considering he didn't practice
    -Last year I thought Gallup would compete for the #1 spot, and god damn it looks like that's gonna be the case
    -If Cobb is going to make plays like that look out. That ing stiff arm and extra 10 yards was sick
    -LVE took that nasty hit to the head, hopefully he's ok tomorrow
    Me too... So, in light of that, do you not pay Cooper then? Do you tag and try to trade him for a 1st before the draft next spring?

Nice

not even garrett could this up

great news garrett gave the keys to the offense to someone else

great improvement

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nice

not even garrett could this up

great news garrett gave the keys to the offense to someone else

great improvement
    I haven't seen them hit that many seam routes over the middle like that (to several different receivers no less) since the early Romo era.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Me too... So, in light of that, do you not pay Cooper then? Do you tag and try to trade him for a 1st before the draft next spring?
    I was thinking that earlier.. If Dak ends up breaking the bank they may be forced to part ways with Cooper and draft WR help.. That's bull because now you're looking at two wasted 1st's in Taco and Cooper.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    How bout them Cowboys?!? Dak and Dunk went off on "Jack Rabbit" and that vaunted Giants secondary. Can't wait to see Skip roast Uncle Shay today on Undisputed!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was thinking that earlier.. If Dak ends up breaking the bank they may be forced to part ways with Cooper and draft WR help.. That's bull because now you're looking at two wasted 1st's in Taco and Cooper.
    I think you have to try and get something done. If you can roll out two legit 1 WR, it's a significant advantage. It'll be a tough call. Jones might think that any WR will work in Moore's offense. But if Gallup is as good as he seems, I think someone is always going to be open if they keep Cooper.

Imo, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think you have to try and get something done. If you can roll out two legit 1 WR, it's a significant advantage. It'll be a tough call. Jones might think that any WR will work in Moore's offense. But if Gallup is as good as he seems, I think someone is always going to be open if they keep Cooper.

Imo, tbh.
    It is but

The Falcons have always had that since they drafted Julio, and they've never gone anywhere

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    worked out with TO and Roy Williams tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It is but

The Falcons have always had that since they drafted Julio, and they've never gone anywhere
    Except to the point of choking away a Super Bowl. Although I'm not sure who you're thinking their other true WR1 was.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Except to the point of choking away a Super Bowl. Although I'm not sure who you're thinking their other true WR1 was.
    I mean when they had Roddy White. And now they have Ridley

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i mean the falcons have mostly been a perennially good team during the matt ryan era. they've had 3 losing seasons in those 11 years. i'd say they've been pretty successful

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I just mentioned the Falcons because they're a team that usually comes to mind when you think "2+ great receivers on the same team"... the Chiefs in the past couple years expected that but Hill and Watkins haven't been able to stay healthy long enough to play together at the same time much.

I would love to keep Cooper. Losing him for anything less than a 1st in return would be a very bad ROI and lost sunk cost on the Joneses' part, and I don't think they like to do business that way. I also think Michael Gallup is a budding Michael Thomas (Saints) clone. Having them both would be truly awesome. But then where do you sacrifice? You have 4 O-linemen making 9 figures every year. Dak is going to get his $32M AAV now, maybe make the contract really long so in 7 years when QBs are making $50m+ a year, Dak's will look like a bargain? Zeke already is paid as the highest RB in the league.

Which leads you to defense. There's going to have to be sacrifices made there, yet again. Byron Jones is as good as gone. DeMarcus Lawrence and Jaylon Smith are here to stay, but who else? You're going to need to make a decision on Awuzie next year, and you have to keep enough money to retain Leighton Vander Esch -- that's an absolute priority. I like Donovan Wilson the safety. Is Xavier Woods replaceable? He went the same draft as Awuzie. Maliek Collins probably won't be retained, though he never seems to show up very well in the regular season after his rookie year and he is injury prone. Robert Quinn? They desperately need pass rush from somewhere outside of Lawrence or else offenses will just double and chip him to death and get away with it. Who do they sacrifice?
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 09-09-2019 at 03:02 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I mean when they had Roddy White. And now they have Ridley
    I don't think you can even begin to compare the 2 years they have with Ridley to this Cowboys team. Cowboys have better defense, better O-line, better RB. Maybe even better play calling.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't think you can even begin to compare the 2 years they have with Ridley to this Cowboys team. Cowboys have better defense, better O-line, better RB. Maybe even better play calling.
    I do agree we have a better overall team now, though theirs was better in a year like 2016. And they had Shanahan at OC back then. Better play calling? With Kellen Moore, perhaps, but definitely not with Linehan.

Only issue is, how do you keep this team together when you already have 4 top 5 paid O-Linemen (deservedly so; Dak's pocket was sparkling clean all yesterday, no pressures no sacks), the top paid RB, a top 5 paid QB, one and eventually two top 10 paid receivers, and all the studs on defense? Unless you think that outside of DLaw, Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch everyone else could be potentially replaceable on defense. Our defense was bad yesterday and everyone was there except Quinn and Wilson.

All offseason I thought the Cowboys and Eagles were going to be duking it out for supremacy in the NFC, not just the division, similar to the 2013 era Seahawks/49ers. I think my prediction looked pretty good yesterday. Eagles are another team, by the way, that has 2 legit #1 receivers, and they're perfect complements to one another's game and Wentz.

Green Bay is another team that has usually had two or more #1 receivers, plus an expensive QB, up to this point. Driver/Jennings, Driver/Nelson, Nelson/Adams, etc.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Imo, tbh.
    You're exactly right in theory.. But god damn where is the money gonna come from.. Here's to hoping Jerry is offering these guys some under the table incentives to encourage them taking less official salary (use of private helicopter/jet a couple times a year, joint business ventures, his wife, etc)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You're exactly right in theory.. But god damn where is the money gonna come from.. Here's to hoping Jerry is offering these guys some under the table incentives to encourage them taking less official salary (use of private helicopter/jet a couple times a year, joint business ventures, his wife, etc)
    For sure. And if they do sign Dak to big money, they're going to have to commit to continue to pay the O-line.

I like Dak. But I"m worried that the only way he can be good is if 1) he has great WR and 2) if he has a great O-line.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    For sure. And if they do sign Dak to big money, they're going to have to commit to continue to pay the O-line.

I like Dak. But I"m worried that the only way he can be good is if 1) he has great WR and 2) if he has a great O-line.
    O-Line is locked up through 2024 with younger players being groomed behind them.. Both our receivers our 25 and under.. We're set

Thread Information