Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is there any chance they could get Romo as the OC?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is there any chance they could get Romo as the OC?
    Kellen Moore son, I called it. ME.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What total bull . Idk...maybe he’s an offensive genius.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kellen Moore

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Kellen has a top-notch football mind and will be a good coach. Anyone who watched him play in college can attest to that. However, the problem with Dallas hasn't been the OC, it's Dak. You just can't win anything of note with a gimmick QB who can only make safe game-manager passes, scramble, or hand it off to Zeke. It limits what any coach can do with the offense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Kellen has a top-notch football mind and will be a good coach. Anyone who watched him play in college can attest to that. However, the problem with Dallas hasn't been the OC, it's Dak. You just can't win anything of note with a gimmick QB who can only make safe game-manager passes, scramble, or hand it off to Zeke. It limits what any coach can do with the offense.
    Sure. I don't think many disagree. But they are obviously keeping Dak. So at the least, you need a play caller to come up with a scheme that will utilize him as best as possible.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sure. I don't think many disagree. But they are obviously keeping Dak. So at the least, you need a play caller to come up with a scheme that will utilize him as best as possible.
    We need a coach to come in and implement the zone ready dynasty playbook.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    We need a coach to come in and implement the zone ready dynasty playbook.
    Exactly. I work on the plays. You are in charge of the pictures. Grab Magoo and get him ready to print.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8343/jason-garrett
    ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

The Clapper is officially on the hottest seat of his long, strange Cowboys coaching career. Garrett has had nine lives, but owner Jerry Jones must finally be tiring of the routine. Garrett will be trying to save his job in 2019 with rookie assistants on offense in Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna. We would say we don't like Garrett's odds, but this would typically be when he pulls a 12-4 season out of his hat.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8343/jason-garrett
    ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

The Clapper is officially on the hottest seat of his long, strange Cowboys coaching career. Garrett has had nine lives, but owner Jerry Jones must finally be tiring of the routine. Garrett will be trying to save his job in 2019 with rookie assistants on offense in Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna. We would say we don't like Garrett's odds, but this would typically be when he pulls a 12-4 season out of his hat.
    May not be enough to save him. I think a SB appearance is the only thing.

Very shocking he didn't get extended.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So tank next year, get a new coach and Justin Herbert?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sounds like a great hire.
    Yeah, the part about footwork made me feel optimistic.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Unfortunately he's also the only QB to lose 16 games in the same season

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Unfortunately he's also the only QB to lose 16 games in the same season

He got injured their fourth game of that season. That was a large reason they actually went 0-16. Kitna was actually pretty good the season before.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Exactly. That’s the part that stuck with me as well. I don’t expect him to turn into Brady but if he can improve just a modest amount, I think it could make a huge impact.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

He got injured their fourth game of that season. That was a large reason they actually went 0-16. Kitna was actually pretty good the season before.
    you're right. shame on me for posting a hot take without doing the research

Cowboys, general question here:

What happened to the great offensive line of not so many years ago?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys, general question here:

What happened to the great offensive line of not so many years ago?
    Hmm.... could it be, that the every-year All-Pro & Pro-Bowl big guy in the middle didn't play this year because of some weird temporary nerve damage?

Zeke came into this year converting 95% of 3rd & 1, 4th & 1 situations... this year he was only 58%. Think the center has anything to do with that?

Hmm.... could it be, that the every-year All-Pro & Pro-Bowl big guy in the middle didn't play this year because of some weird temporary nerve damage?
    Don't follow the Cowboys that closely.
    Is that all you got?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is that all you got?
    Pretty much. Not to mention every-year All Pro Zack Martin had been playing with a sprained knee since the Bengals preseason game. Connor Williams and La'el Collins are playing out of position & should be reversed... that would make the lineup pretty much perfect.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Is that all you got?
    I think their line was still above average (14th out of 32 on PFF), just no longer elite without Frederick playing.

Dak is also close to dead last in the NFL in terms of time from snap to pass, which is going to make the line look worse than it is.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think their line was still above average (14th out of 32 on PFF), just no longer elite without Frederick playing.

Dak is also close to dead last in the NFL in terms of time from snap to pass, which is going to make the line look worse than it is.
    yep. And it’s a concern. Improving his footwork is one thing and should help his accuracy. But I’m not sure if you can coach decision making and progression reading. I mean, you can show him what he needs to be doing and thinking but he’s got to put all of that into action. With Gallop and Cooper, he needs to let the ball go more. Maybe if he has better accuracy, he’ll be more confident in doing so.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    yep. And it’s a concern. Improving his footwork is one thing and should help his accuracy. But I’m not sure if you can coach decision making and progression reading. I mean, you can show him what he needs to be doing and thinking but he’s got to put all of that into action. With Gallop and Cooper, he needs to let the ball go more. Maybe if he has better accuracy, he’ll be more confident in doing so.
    I think it's 50% Dak 50% playcalling, there was never any effort from Linehan to design plays for him to get rid of the ball quickly.

Thread Information