Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think it's 50% Dak 50% playcalling, there was never any effort from Linehan to design plays for him to get rid of the ball quickly.
    I agree with that about the play calling. But so many times Dak had open WR deep and it looked like he would see them and think too long, then they’d be covered, then he’d take a sack. Would like to see him cut it loose more. But maybe it was pounded into his head to not take those risks.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yep. And it’s a concern. Improving his footwork is one thing and should help his accuracy. But I’m not sure if you can coach decision making and progression reading. I mean, you can show him what he needs to be doing and thinking but he’s got to put all of that into action. With Gallop and Cooper, he needs to let the ball go more. Maybe if he has better accuracy, he’ll be more confident in doing so.
    Dak took way too many sacks. He led the NFL in taken sacks (not attributed to OL, because it was more than 4 seconds after the snap). He needs to be more decisive even if it occasionally means an extra few picks a year.

Dak and Wentz, skin color notwithstanding, are basically the same QB right now. Main difference is Wentz' career is starting to go the way of Jake Locker with all these injuries. They'll be trading to get Nick Foles back in a couple years at this rate.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Don't follow the Cowboys that closely.
    Is that all you got?
    Their Pro Bowl center got injured, and two other pro bowlers on the line have been dealing with injuries and not looked as good. Also Ronald Leary is no longer there. Basically, four out of the five starters from a few years ago either didn't play for Dallas this season, or had nagging injuries holding them back.

you're right. shame on me for posting a hot take without doing the research
    Just banting with you per par etc. can 't let you disgrace that , Kitna like that. Only real alpha males post without doing research anyway

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Their Pro Bowl center got injured, and two other pro bowlers on the line have been dealing with injuries and not looked as good. Also Ronald Leary is no longer there. Basically, four out of the five starters from a few years ago either didn't play for Dallas this season, or had nagging injuries holding them back.
    In all fairness, Leary has been garbage since going to Denver, especially this past year he missed most the season with injuries.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he's pretty awesome tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he's pretty awesome tbh
    thanks for Cooper tbh. We'll see who the Raiders pick at #27 overall, which will determine who won the trade, but it'll be hard to find someone as good as Cooper with that low of a pick

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    thanks for Cooper tbh. We'll see who the Raiders pick at #27 overall, which will determine who won the trade, but it'll be hard to find someone as good as Cooper with that low of a pick
    he's been a boon for dallas... but didnt seem like he cared about football the last couple of years with oakland. feels a lot like the randy moss situation

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he's been a boon for dallas... but didnt seem like he cared about football the last couple of years with oakland. feels a lot like the randy moss situation
    That being said the Raiders should load up on defense/interior Oline this year and NOT draft any of the meh QBs this year (Haskins is EJ Manuel 2.0 -- not sure if Dan Jones or Drew Lock are an upgrade over Carr at least in the short term). If they want a better QB they can tank and get in the Herbert sweepstakes next year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    How we doin guys!? Good Morning!.....I said....." Good Morning!!!"....gotta get that energy up! Gotta get it up! Gotta get it up in all three areas....and when I say all three areas I've made the decision that the areas are also referring to all three STAGES....I think that by intertwining the words "areas" with "stages" that gives the Dallas Football Cowboys the best chance to win in the National Football League.....and when I say the Dallas Football Cowboys, I'm referring to the Dallas Cowboys Football team that participates in Football contests in the National Football League....anytime you can shoehorn in the word "football" into places where it's already implied, I think that it's important and gives us the best chance to win the football contest.

Another important concept I have been considering as Head Coach of the Dallas Football Cowboys is implementing even more forced cussing....forced cussing....next season. I think it's important to implement forced cussing as it increases my street cred when coaching a bunch of African Americans.

Alright you goddamn ing fairy gots gather the around. We're here to ing play football you assholes, if you wanna go the home and your sister, then that's ing fine. Now turn your ing asses to me when I'm speaking.....No!.....goddammit not those asses, I mean your ing faces! I don't want to be staring down your ing rectums while I'm trying to motivate your asses!

Now I'm gonna tell you a story....gonna tell you a story....it's a story from the goddamn Bible....it's a story about Paul, and when Paul was talking about having some compassion for your fellow ing man....now how you want to exercise your ing compassion...... for your goddamn fellow ing man is up to you....but if fisting your ing teammate's bunghole with a rusty ing knife is wrong.....then I don't wanna be right!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    gregory out indefinitely, again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    gregory out indefinitely, again.
    welp...that experiment seems over. They really need to sign Lawrence now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    welp...that experiment seems over. They really need to sign Lawrence now.
    I'd argue otherwise. Let Lawrence, Irving walk, cut Gregory, rework Crawford's contract or release him, he's too expensive for his production. The smart teams (patriots) don't overpay for decent to good players, even in positions of need. Instead, they do without and maximize their strengths elsewhere. If we just went out and signed Earl Thomas we might have the best back 7 in the league. Rebuild the DL from scratch with young talent with potential. It won't be a strength in 2019 but the back end should win us enough football games along with a top flight offense (Frederick returns, sign TE Eifert at a discount, get a talented value scatback in the mid rounds, get a savvy/versatile slot receiver to complement Cooper/Gallup) we should be as good as any team in 2019.

My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    ^Horrible take

that strategy works for the Patriots because they have a HOF coach and the GOAT QB. Name a franchise without an elite QB that lets their good players walk and still remain relevant year after year?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I'd argue otherwise. Let Lawrence, Irving walk, cut Gregory, rework Crawford's contract or release him, he's too expensive for his production. The smart teams (patriots) don't overpay for decent to good players, even in positions of need. Instead, they do without and maximize their strengths elsewhere. If we just went out and signed Earl Thomas we might have the best back 7 in the league. Rebuild the DL from scratch with young talent with potential. It won't be a strength in 2019 but the back end should win us enough football games along with a top flight offense (Frederick returns, sign TE Eifert at a discount, get a talented value scatback in the mid rounds, get a savvy/versatile slot receiver to complement Cooper/Gallup) we should be as good as any team in 2019.
    Any coach other than Belichick would get steamrolled every week if they had the Patriots' front 7

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ^Horrible take

that strategy works for the Patriots because they have a HOF coach and the GOAT QB. Name a franchise without an elite QB that lets their good players walk and still remain relevant year after year?
    I don't believe the Patriots have an elite QB. They have the luckier version of Sam Bradford. Makes all the throws, mostly short to intermediate stuff, stands tall in the pocket, rarely takes sacks. Primary difference is one has stayed healthy and played for the GOAT coach, and the other has missed over half his career due to injuries and played for a myriad of middling to terrible organizations and coaches.

Belichick is something special, true. But he's still a human being. He just makes the least amount of tactical mistakes (not immune... benching Malcolm Butler in the SB, ahem, challenging the Manningham catch, derp) compared to every other coach. It doesn't take very many brain cells to realize that if you're playing a young QB, no matter how great their offense has been, he's going to struggle against the blitz in pressure situations.

Belichick just tore through the top 2 offenses in the NFL that each shared a common theme: a QB that was just a little too green for the moment and wasn't used to facing extra rushers, rushers from unusual sources and directions, and guys that normally rush unconventionally dropping back to fill the voids. Or, the house blitz when the play is for a deep and long developing shot. An experienced QB will get it out quick and throw a catchable ball, but the young guy will panic and make panicked decisions, and Mahomes (taking the sack) and Goff (throwing the losing pick) both did. Huge props to the GOAT for coaching with some common sense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Any coach other than Belichick would get steamrolled every week if they had the Patriots' front 7
    Watch Trey Flowers get paid 16 million/year by the Jets to average 4 sacks per season for the rest of his career. Lol.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Watch Trey Flowers get paid 16 million/year by the Jets to average 4 sacks per season for the rest of his career. Lol.
    Yeah pretty much. Imo his value is probably in the 8-9 million range but I fully expect one of the ty teams with loads of cap room to offer ~14 million per.

Same thing with Trent Brown. The Patriots have their 1st rounder from last year waiting in the wings at LT so they’re definitely going to let some other team pay Brown 15 million.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    comparing Tom Brady to Sam Bradford is a special level of re ed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah pretty much. Imo his value is probably in the 8-9 million range but I fully expect one of the ty teams with loads of cap room to offer ~14 million per.

Same thing with Trent Brown. The Patriots have their 1st rounder from last year waiting in the wings at LT so they’re definitely going to let some other team pay Brown 15 million.
    Trent Brown was great in the run game but leverage an issue in pass protection. Wynn is probably the smart choice.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    comparing Tom Brady to Sam Bradford is a special level of re ed.
    Explain

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looks like Irving is going to walk to free agency.

Thread Information